Disgaea DS announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZehhBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZehhBR
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

The game will be called Disgaea DS: Prince of the Demon World and the Red Moon according to Famitsu, but there are no more information. Anyway, that is a really good new. You can check it at http://www.wii-brasil.com/?sec=lernoticia&id=11581 (the site is in Portuguese).

Sorry for my English, my primary language is Portuguese.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

The DS's variety in genre is looking really one sided. There's too many RPG's on the DS. Once in a while, a good game comes out that's not an RPG. The rest of the games end up being crap. But for the most part, the hyped up games that're expected to score big are RPG's. I'm tired of it.

ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts
I don't mind the lack of more info but this is enough for me to get excited. :D I can't wait!
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

I'm intrigued.

GeekyDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#6 GeekyDad
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts

The DS's variety in genre is looking really one sided. There's too many RPG's on the DS. Once in a while, a good game comes out that's not an RPG. The rest of the games end up being crap. But for the most part, the hyped up games that're expected to score big are RPG's. I'm tired of it.

Lyphe2k

:lol: You're obviously making a joke, right?

mlisette23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mlisette23
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts
This news just made my day!
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lyphe2k
[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]

GeekyDad

:lol: You're obviously making a joke, right?

nope.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
This is good news for the DS, wonder how it'll play it on the DS. Since it turned out really good on the PSP.
ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts

Sweeeet. I really enjoyed the first Disgaea on PS2, and the more strategy RPGs the DS gets the better. It looks like this is an all new game, and from the title it sounds like it's a given that Laharl and co. will be back. I wouldn't mind a port of the first game, either.

Lyphe2k
Wow, and it was only about a year ago that I was bemoaning the lack of RPGs on the DS. I currenly own 25 DS games and only 5 are RPGs. Granted, there are plenty more that I could buy, but there's plenty of other stuff out there. None of the big titles so far this year have been RPGs.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#11 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts
I can't wait for this game to come out....I've always liked Disgaea
plaxz2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 plaxz2007
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/03/05/famitsu-disgaea-coming-to-the-ds/

all i can say is....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swornsecrets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 swornsecrets
Member since 2005 • 1958 Posts
I really liked this on PSP, I'm actually looking forward to this on DS.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lyphe2k

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]

Archon_basic

Wow, and it was only about a year ago that I was bemoaning the lack of RPGs on the DS. I currenly own 25 DS games and only 5 are RPGs. Granted, there are plenty more that I could buy, but there's plenty of other stuff out there. None of the big titles so far this year have been RPGs.

These are the ones I hear being talked about very often on these boards; and they're off the top of my head.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
The World Ends with You
Disgaea DS
Dragon Quest IX
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy IV

This is not mentioning the tons of other RPG games out for DS as well as the already big name RPG games that are coming on the DS (Shin Megami, Xenosaga etc...). Now, compare this to other genres on the DS. Sorry, but I think the DS has enough RPG's as it is.

And you're right, there are a lot of other stuff out there but I was comparing the genre-to-genre ratio on the DS. RPG's are pretty damn dominant.

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
Alright another good game for the DS. :) I've heard good thing from Disgea so I'll keep my out for this.
Parhasard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Parhasard
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Nice news. Now I have another game to look forward too.
ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts
[QUOTE="Archon_basic"]

[QUOTE="Lyphe2k"]

Lyphe2k

These are the ones I hear being talked about very often on these boards; and they're off the top of my head.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
The World Ends with You
Disgaea DS
Dragon Quest IX
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy IV

This is not mentioning the tons of other RPG games out for DS as well as the already big name RPG games that are coming on the DS (Shin Megami, Xenosaga etc...). Now, compare this to other genres on the DS. Sorry, but I think the DS has enough RPG's as it is.

And you're right, there are a lot of other stuff out there but I was comparing the genre-to-genre ratio on the DS. RPG's are pretty damn dominant.

Oh, you meant upcoming lineup. Can't argue with you there, the 08 RPG lineup for the DS is stacked. Still, we've already had Days of Ruin, Professor Layton, and Apollo Justice this year. Ninja Gaiden comes out this month. The rest of the non-RPG DS lineup will fill out after E3.
XBadNewsX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 XBadNewsX
Member since 2004 • 1332 Posts

There is a difference between the amount of RPG's out at this moment and the one's GOING to come out in the future.

As for the main topic I am a huge fan of Disgaea and I will be eagerly awaiting the release of this game.

conzors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 conzors
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts

OWNED!!!!!!!!!

strieeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 strieeyes
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
My interest has been piqued, but I would love to see some screens before getting too giddy.