Disaster: Day of Crisis

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I was surprised when this Wii action game from (from Monolith Soft) never got published in North America. I really want to try it out; I'm a fan of the developer for its role-playing games and Disaster does look pretty good. So I want to ask those that have had the chance to play it: am I missing out on a great experience?

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#2 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

For its time, I thought it was a great game. The motion controls work really well, the shooting is snappy and time-crisis like, and there's also a bit of exploration. People say that the story is too silly, but it's no more silly than any other game dealing with big events and hyper-dramatic situations. It also has quite a bit of replay value too.

My original review covers it all...

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Yea not a bad game for Wii, I enjoyed it to play through again 3 times :P ..they really should do a second one (with proper shooting rather than rail shooter)...but I don't think it sold well where it was release so there probably won't be a second one. I like the crazy story..& you get to be basically a special agent (like Jack Bauer). :P

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

I enjoyed it. it was completely mad and had a very 80s disaster movie vibe to it.

if you didnt like what you were currently doing then chances are it would change in about 30 seconds anyway which was pretty cool too.

i suspect that it wasnt released in the US as it was due around the same time florida got badly hit (hurricane katrina? i cant quite remember). thats only a hunch on my part though.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#6  Edited By DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

It was a fun, cheesy game with occasional frustrating parts. Really though, at the end of the day it was more like a quirky, proof-of-concept indie game than a high-quality production. I had fun playing through it, but you there's no need to lament the fact that it didn't make it to America, especially not after all these years.