Did I make a good choice on buying these games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I just gave my girlfriend $100 to go buy me new copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I watched some video reviews and I seem to really like what I see.

I already have Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii but I never opened the seal because I thought it was a collector's item so I'd rather leave it unopened and play the 3DS version.

I played some of Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii coop and I had a lot of fun with it. I do own DKC:R on Wii, but I would also really like to have a handheld copy despite complaints of it having 30 fps as opposed to the 60 fps on Wii. A huge selling point for me is the fact that there's no waggle controls on the 3DS version.

As for Tropical Freeze, I've never played it but I've heard numerous people say it's their favorite platformer of last generation, some even going to the extent of saying best platformer of all time. I haven't heard much of any negative criticism towards this game, so I figure this one is my safest bet.

I already gave her the money to get them so I already made my decision but I was just wondering what people here thought of the games.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Brilliant decision imo, those three are some if my favorite games ever. Well worth it if you can get all three for 100

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I just gave my girlfriend $100 to go buy me new copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I watched some video reviews and I seem to really like what I see.

I already have Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii but I never opened the seal because I thought it was a collector's item so I'd rather leave it unopened and play the 3DS version.

I played some of Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii coop and I had a lot of fun with it. I do own DKC:R on Wii, but I would also really like to have a handheld copy despite complaints of it having 30 fps as opposed to the 60 fps on Wii. A huge selling point for me is the fact that there's no waggle controls on the 3DS version.

As for Tropical Freeze, I've never played it but I've heard numerous people say it's their favorite platformer of last generation, some even going to the extent of saying best platformer of all time. I haven't heard much of any negative criticism towards this game, so I figure this one is my safest bet.

I already gave her the money to get them so I already made my decision but I was just wondering what people here thought of the games.

Yes.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

Xenoblade chronicles seems worth the buy

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Those are very good choices although I'd say the Wii version of Donkey Kong Country Returns is superior to the 3DS version. It looks better, runs at twice the framerate and is more comfortable to control.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Good stuff. I approve.

Get Hyrule Warriors and Pikmin 3 when you get a chance. If you don't have them already. My personal favorite games on the system.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not bad at all my good man.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

3 amazing games. Good decision.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'd say middle of the road

Xenoblade is still a "meh" game but now it looks and plays worse on a smaller screen, Donkey Kong 3D is a downgrade of the Wii game, and Tropical Freeze is the game no one wanted.

I'd say 5/10 on those games, you could have done a lot better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I've heard a lot of people say that Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't look as good on the 3DS, but would it still be worth getting sometime if I've never played the game before? I wasn't a huge fan of the Wii, but the game did sound decent.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@Jaysonguy: name 3 games that he would have done better to buy.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

That is one sweet ass decision dude. 2 awesome DK games and 1 awesome RPG. Have fun!

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Excellent choices for games. This is a good trio so you will enjoy your games. Lucky that your girlfriend was able to pick them up for you. The couple that games together stays together.