Deus Ex Wii U studio working on another port

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Tantalus, the studio behind the Wii U ports of Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex, is apparently working on a new AAA port for the system. Allegedly, it's the biggest project they have ever had. What, oh what, could it be? An unreasonably late game sold with limited post launch support or something recent and upcoming?

The two mentioned games weren't without problems. Deus Ex suffered from a poor framerate. Mass Effect 3 had no DLC support and tons of bugs. Seriously, I find a new one in ME3 with every playthrough. Whatever these guys are porting, I think it's reasonable to expect issues. With very little patch support for either of their previous releases, it makes me wonder if it's a budgeting issue rather than talent.

Whatever the project is, it seems there's a tight lid on it. Deus Ex was rumored before the announcement was even made.

Whatcha think?

Linky

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

They said its.not a mature title.. I'm thinking Mine craft maybe? MS is porting that to toasters just to get their money back on the purchase lol..

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@ttualumni13 said:

They said its.not a mature title.. I'm thinking Mine craft maybe? MS is porting that to toasters just to get their money back on the purchase lol..

Microsoft isn't having issues getting their money back off their purchase, they have done it alone no doubt in tax savings.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Apparently its a Square Enix Title. Most of the chatter is leaning towards getting a port of the Kingdom Hearts games. Either that or some are praying for Dragon Quest X localized for the west, but that shouldn't take a whole port team.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

What I'd love it to be: Kingdom Hearts, Secret/Sword/Dawn/Heroes of Mana, Front Mission, Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Parasite Eve

What it most likely is: Space Invaders Infinity Gene...

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Apparently its a Square Enix Title. Most of the chatter is leaning towards getting a port of the Kingdom Hearts games. Either that or some are praying for Dragon Quest X localized for the west, but that shouldn't take a whole port team.

As unlikely as it is, an HD remaster of Dream Drop Distance would make sense for Wii U. Simply because a lot of the gameplay required a touch screen, and Wii U is the only console that provides that. DDD is the only one that hasn't been remastered.

It wouldn't make sense because, KH3 isn't coming to Wii U, but if it is square enix related, I hope it is DDD.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@bunchanumbers: Where'd you hear it's a Square Enix title?

I just heard about the AAA port being made.

My first guess was the Tomb Raider that came out last year or whenever that was.

Honestly the best case scenario for me given that this is a game already out on other platforms would be Dragon Age Inquisition but we all know that's not happening.

I'm sure we'll hear about it at e3...

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunchanumbers

Well its all still unconfirmed. Its mostly the opinion that people came to that involved the hints. I have no idea how they came up with it. Maybe because they worked with SE before and its not a M rated game and it would fit in well with the Nintendo brand.

AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Any owners of Deus Ex here?

I have a 360 and a Wii U, and a laptop that definitely isn't up to the task.

I've heard that the Wii U version is close to a "definitive" version. I hadn't heard of the frame rate issues before, are they severe?

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 YearoftheSnake5

@AlCapwnUK said:

I've heard that the Wii U version is close to a "definitive" version. I hadn't heard of the frame rate issues before, are they severe?

I have Deus Ex for Wii U. The Gamepad functionality is a great addition to the game, but the framerate is pretty bad. It never becomes downright unplayable, but it gets irritating after a while. It can't even stay stable wandering around the city.

I have heard, but haven't confirmed that the Xbox 360 version runs better. If that's the case, I recommend getting it for that instead of Wii U.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Could be anything, but I don't think i'll buy any more multiplats on Wii U unless it's special for some reason. Only one i've bought is NFS so far.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

@AlCapwnUK said:

TBH when I go from an FPS I know runs at 60 Frames per second to Deus Ex on Wii U I do notice a difference. I really thought they set the framrate to 30 rather than 60 so they KNEW it would be able to run on it. I haven't noticed the framerate drops others speak of, and I've completed the game. The city is def the low point for the framrate, I do agree with that.

None the less I'm glad to see other owners of the game. I was stranded with COD Black Ops 2 as the only FPS experience on the platform for a long time until I found that gem. Big game, lots of secrets, RPG characteristics...ahh I'll stop now before I go too far

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bunchanumbers

I got Deus ex, but I only have the Wii U version. I have no way to compare it to the others. I can say that I really enjoyed the game though.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Tantalus, the studio behind the Wii U ports of Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex, is apparently working on a new AAA port for the system. Allegedly, it's the biggest project they have ever had. What, oh what, could it be? An unreasonably late game sold with limited post launch support or something recent and upcoming?

The two mentioned games weren't without problems. Deus Ex suffered from a poor framerate. Mass Effect 3 had no DLC support and tons of bugs. Seriously, I find a new one in ME3 with every playthrough. Whatever these guys are porting, I think it's reasonable to expect issues. With very little patch support for either of their previous releases, it makes me wonder if it's a budgeting issue rather than talent.

Whatever the project is, it seems there's a tight lid on it. Deus Ex was rumored before the announcement was even made.

Whatcha think?

Linky

There was a port of Mass Effect 3 on Wii U?

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 YearoftheSnake5

@sonic_spark said:

There was a port of Mass Effect 3 on Wii U?

Yup. I ain't bluffin'. It has some really good ideas, like being able to hotkey powers to the touch screen. Too bad it's severely undersupported.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Planeforger  Online
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

If it's a Square Enix title...my guess would be Thief 2014.

But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and it's Hitman Go.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bunchanumbers

I think it would be silly if they didn't bring Kingdom Hearts to Wii U. The Branding alone would be huge for them. A Kingdom Hearts collection with 1 and 2 would be a vital purchase for most rpg fans on Wii U.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By YearoftheSnake5

There's nothing to indicate that it's a Square Enix game. Prior to the release of Deus Ex, there were rumors that a Square Enix game was being ported by the folks that did Mass Effect 3. Shortly thereafter, the rumor developed, adding that Deus Ex was the game in development.

All we have to run on for this one is:

“It is a ‘port’ but more of a complete rework for the Wii U: a bit like the work we did on Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut. I can’t say what the title is but it is very exciting and is for an absolute top notch publisher. This game will be credited Tantalus… it’s not an MA / 18 or ‘hard core’ game which Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut are.”

-Joss Ellis

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#19 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

I hope its a racing game Fr

bunchenumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bunchenumbers
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

I think it would be silly if they didn't bring Kingdom Hearts to Wii U. The Branding alone would be huge for them. A Kingdom Hearts collection with 1 and 2 would be a vital purchase for most rpg fans on Wii U.

I dont think they will port kh to wii u seeing as it has been on playstation consoles mainly and any ports for the wii u would need extra development costs.