Could you feel more rewarded on Play Coins

#1 Posted by benleslie5 (7844 posts) -

Based on the most recent news on Super Smash Bros (3DS) on exchanging Play Coins for Trophies could this idea be used in future games?- Play Coins becoming a little more serious and helping you get out more

What are your thoughts on the idea of using Play Coins to exchange for items and unlockables in future games?

#2 Edited by Jaysonguy (37642 posts) -

Ehhh

The best chance of succeeding was Animal Crossing and that didn't happen

I don't think any game is going to make a real bid for Play Coins because Nintendo's system is broken for them, You can only collect 10 coins in a day, that's close to having a sedentary lifestyle.

#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4763 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

You can only collect 100 coins in a day, that's close to having a sedentary lifestyle.

10*
Small typo there. :P

But you're right. You can easily reach the 10 coin limit in a 10 minute walk.

#4 Posted by yokofox33 (29662 posts) -

The only time I used play coins was for Animal Crossing and a couple times in SMT IV when I died.

#5 Edited by Jaysonguy (37642 posts) -

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

You can only collect 100 coins in a day, that's close to having a sedentary lifestyle.

10*

Small typo there. :P

But you're right. You can easily reach the 10 coin limit in a 10 minute walk.

Thank you

#6 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2884 posts) -

All that hard work through walking 1000 steps a day (10 Play Coins)in exchange for a reward sure sounds promising to me,but still,it's not if it's put to waste on the same day,so get going to achieve 300 Play coins(which will take about 30 days or 30,000 steps per month)

#7 Posted by Jaysonguy (37642 posts) -

@Smashbrossive50 said:

All that hard work through walking 1000 steps a day (10 Play Coins)in exchange for a reward sure sounds promising to me,but still,it's not if it's put to waste on the same day,so get going to achieve 300 Play coins(which will take about 30 days or 30,000 steps per month)

Unless you have some sort of debilitating handicap 1000 steps a day is nothing

The problem is that it doesn't go higher, for the normal person 30,000 steps should take three days, using Nintendo's system that's a month

#8 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2884 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: weren't you paying any attention,kiddo? or...[don't tell me,]you sold back my attention for 1000 steps by handstand. 100 steps= 1 Play coin,so in one day you should walk 1000 steps to get 10 Play coins, there! Problem solved ===S

#9 Posted by Jaysonguy (37642 posts) -

@Smashbrossive50 said:

@Jaysonguy: weren't you paying any attention,kiddo? or...[don't tell me,]you sold back my attention for 1000 steps by handstand. 100 steps= 1 Play coin,so in one day you should walk 1000 steps to get 10 Play coins, there! Problem solved ===S

Is there something wrong with you?

You're the one that said it's hard work

Also not sure why you think the 1000 step limit is ok even though every single able bodied person walks more.....

#10 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2884 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: that's where they don't realize they did more than enough, it was designed as a gaming pedometer,so it defines the exact "on-the-go"gamer type.so stop walking with your hands unless you're doing it at a zebra cross

#11 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5976 posts) -

They really need to lift that 10 coin cap? Really? only 10 coins? It's been 3.5 years and the damn cap is still there.

#12 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

Am I the only one who uses these coins exclusively for the Mii Plaza? Those games always require so much from me and I'm just finally finishing off all the games (one more puzzle to finish) and I was a day one adopter.

#13 Edited by HowlingLotus (416 posts) -

It would be nice if they raised the the daily limit as others have said. My commute to and from work is approximately 5000-6000 steps give or take if I stop for a drink or to buy dinner at the grocery store. If I go to our cities major mall I can easily rack up 10,000+ steps throughout the day. Seems kind of crummy that I'm only getting rewarded for 1/5 to 1/10 of what I've recorded.

It would also be nice if they were worth anything outside of Mii Plaza games to be honest as well. I wouldn't want to see a game be crippled from excessive use of Play Coins, but beyond puzzle pieces in Mii Plaza I hover around the play coin limit quite frequent.

#14 Posted by BranKetra (48604 posts) -

Yes. I think the rewards are lacking for the 3DS, though that is related to the 3DS Virtual Console in general. I was unable find even the entire original Super Mario Bros. trilogy there. Super Metroid was nowhere to found, either, so there was no chance of it being a reward.