Connecting to wii shop channel?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

armytaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 armytaco
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
Well i need a bit of help connecting to my internet source. For those of you who have already done the setup, what is normal procedure. My updating is taking forever and i really need some specifics.
SonicBooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SonicBooom
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
What is your internet connection setup and what problems are you having?
armytaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 armytaco
What is your internet connection setup and what problems are you having?SonicBooom
  Um well I'm connecting it wirelessly and the computer is in a different room. I't started updating like 70% through and now it isn't loading at all its been like 2 or 3 hours.
SonicBooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SonicBooom
Right, so your Wii works wirelessly through wifi as you have already managed to connect and begin downloading the update. You must have successfully managed to setup your internet connection to get this far. It might be a case that your internet connection stalled or was lost. If Wii's are clever enough they probably download all the update before installing the update on the console itself, making it safe to reset it. It may not work, but I would reset your Wii and try the update again. (The update should only take a few minutes).
armytaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 armytaco
Right, so your Wii works wirelessly through wifi as you have already managed to connect and begin downloading the update. You must have successfully managed to setup your internet connection to get this far. It might be a case that your internet connection stalled or was lost. If Wii's are clever enough they probably download all the update before installing the update on the console itself, making it safe to reset it. It may not work, but I would reset your Wii and try the update again. (The update should only take a few minutes).SonicBooom
  What will happen if i turn it off?
SonicBooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SonicBooom
If Wiis download all the update before installing then in your case it probably wont have started to install anything yet, which should make it safe to restart. Though if Wiis install as they download then the system might be messed up. (I once updated my mobile phone's software and that stalled part way through and messed up my phone completely.) If it's still stuck and your internet and wireless connection is working correctly as far as you can see from your PC and your Wii does not still continue updating then I don't see what option you have but to restart your Wii.
armytaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 armytaco
If Wiis download all the update before installing then in your case it probably wont have started to install anything yet, which should make it safe to restart. Though if Wiis install as they download then the system might be messed up. (I once updated my mobile phone's software and that stalled part way through and messed up my phone completely.) If it's still stuck and your internet and wireless connection is working correctly as far as you can see from your PC and your Wii does not still continue updating then I don't see what option you have but to restart your Wii.SonicBooom
  Geez. I dunno. I got this wii out of sheer luck. but ill try some other stuff first.
SonicBooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SonicBooom
Let me get this right. Your Wii has paused/stalled after downloading approx. 70% of one of the two updates necessary before you can use it properly? It's probably safe to restart, but either way, you will need to get the update installed. If the worst happens you can take it back to the shop and tell them it doesn't work and that you want a new one.
armytaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 armytaco
Let me get this right. Your Wii has paused/stalled after downloading approx. 70% of one of the two updates necessary before you can use it properly? It's probably safe to restart, but either way, you will need to get the update installed. If the worst happens you can take it back to the shop and tell them it doesn't work and that you want a new one.SonicBooom
Well actually its 70% through the first update.
SonicBooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SonicBooom
If your internet/wireless connection is working fine elsewhere then I doubt your Wii will start downloading the rest, so it may be time to reset it and try again......................... ?
SonicBooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonicBooom
If you are concerned about restarting it then phone Nintendo's support line and ask them for assistance with it. It's 4:30am here and I'm off to bed. Good luck with your Wii.....