This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by stickmen1 (25 posts) -
Is it just me or is anyone else hoping for Conduit 3 to come out some time soon?
#2 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
Never going to happen, Conduit 2 sold beyond abysmally. Even if HVS does take a risk and make it, no one will publish it
#3 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Never going to happen, Conduit 2 sold beyond abysmally. Even if HVS does take a risk and make it, no one will publish itWreckEm711
I guess we'll find out with Conduit 3DS, if that gets published then I think there's a fair chance that a third game could get published too.
#4 Posted by thedude- (2312 posts) -

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/44135/conduit-2/

Conduit 2 sales estimates look like the franchise has hit a wall.

#5 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I bought Conduit 2...
#6 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
I bought Conduit 2...Rod90
I will be buying it.
#7 Posted by Tri-Enforcer (1899 posts) -

I think HVS and Sega have a 3 game deal on the Conduit franchise. So the third game may be on the 3DS, but I heard it's supposed to be a prequel. A 2nd sequel, as part 2 hinted at, would maybe depend on sales of the 3DS version. But I would really love to see the franchise on Wii U, HVS would have so much more to work with on such a powerful console. In addition to that, imagine the different things that could be done with the All Seeing Eye with the tablet controller. But that is a little too optimistic right now. So lets see if there will be a third game whether it's a prequel or sequel. I know the abysmall sales of part 2 are very concerning though.

#8 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

I certainly hope that HVS doesn't pollute gaming even more

#9 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

There's supposed to be Conduit on 3DS....

#10 Posted by xGodninjax (1 posts) -
maybe the conduit on the 3ds will be the continuation of conduit 2
#11 Posted by AlmightyDerek (4144 posts) -

I certainly hope that HVS doesn't pollute gaming even more

LaytonsCat
Oh quit exaggerating. Gaming is "polluted" enough with lots of terrible games. The Conduit series isn't going to make a difference. I'd like to see Conduit 3 just to see what's going on with that crazy presidential ending.
#12 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

It would be cool to see a sequel. A know a few friends who enjoy the conduit games. :)

#13 Posted by Justinps2hero (2186 posts) -
I hope they do.
#14 Posted by super600 (31017 posts) -

I just hope the team continually gets beter at what they are doing and puts all their effort into the 3DS game.Let's hope they don't screw up this time.I still need to buy Conduit 2 anyway.

#15 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I bought Conduit 2...Michael0134567
I will be buying it.

I'm sorry, but whatever that is in your sig needs to be killed with fire, its hideous :P

#16 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3637 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Never going to happen, Conduit 2 sold beyond abysmally. Even if HVS does take a risk and make it, no one will publish itHaziqonfire
I guess we'll find out with Conduit 3DS, if that gets published then I think there's a fair chance that a third game could get published too.

I think if you have such an outlook on the series' chances at this point, you're gasping for straws. Not only do you have to bet on Conduit 3DS being publishised, you'd also have to bet on the game selling enough to encourage anyone the series has any relevance at this point. To top that all off, the third game would also be developed for a more expensive console in the Wii U or some other HD system, which would prove to be a greater risk that any of the three games before it, and hope that games gets decent sales as well. I think we should save ourselves the suspense and just assume that all of these things aren't going to happen.

Even the first Conduit only managed 'ok' sales when it was all said and done, and that game was easily one of the most [over]hyped Wii games ever. With the second title not get any kind of commercial success, I think we can now say that hype was all the "Conduit" brand really had going for it to begin with, and the chances of it becoming a respectable series at this point are next to none now, especially when the only system where it had a chance to exist to begin with (Wii) is now on its way out.

#17 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Rod90"]I bought Conduit 2...WreckEm711

I will be buying it.

I'm sorry, but whatever that is in your sig needs to be killed with fire, its hideous :P

Ah? We are not talking about Conduit anymore?
#18 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Rod90"]I bought Conduit 2...WreckEm711

I will be buying it.

Wow,that was rude...:o

#19 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] I will be buying it.Rod90

Nah,he'd rather insult my sig.
#20 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Michael0134567

Well, she has pretty eyes and cool hair. Don't like the piercings though.

#21 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Rod90"] Ah? We are not talking about Conduit anymore?Rod90

Well thanks :P.Maybe I'll get a different pic lol.
#22 Posted by MCMXCV-Daedalus (187 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rod90"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] Nah,he'd rather insult my sig.Michael0134567

I think she's pretty good looking XD Anyhoo, onto conduit, I'd love to see a third one, but rather see a 3DS verision ( Anyone seen the Conduit 2 pics put on the 3ds and made into 3d? Epic)
#23 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Rod90"] Well, she has pretty eyes and cool hair. Don't like the piercings though.

MCMXCV-Daedalus

I think she's pretty good looking XD Anyhoo, onto conduit, I'd love to see a third one, but rather see a 3DS verision ( Anyone seen the Conduit 2 pics put on the 3ds and made into 3d? Epic)

Haha thanks,and I haven't seen them lol.

#24 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Never going to happen, Conduit 2 sold beyond abysmally. Even if HVS does take a risk and make it, no one will publish itHaziqonfire

Conduit 3DS is the third game. It is already being developed, and with the current lack of software it has a chance of being published. But that window of opportunity will close eventually.
#25 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] I will be buying it.Michael0134567

Not really unless you're oversensitive to comments made about someone you don't even know :P

On topic, is the 3ds game a prequel, sequel, or straight port..?

#26 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Not really unless you're oversensitive to comments made about someone you don't even know :P

The 3DS Conduit game is just a myth.

#27 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Right...
#28 Posted by stickmen1 (25 posts) -
Man, there's a lot of Conduit haters out there I'm afraid I'm the only one that actually liked it...
#29 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
Man, there's a lot of Conduit haters out there I'm afraid I'm the only one that actually liked it...stickmen1
Lol you're not the only one.I enjoyed what I played of both of them.
#30 Posted by stickmen1 (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="stickmen1"]Man, there's a lot of Conduit haters out there I'm afraid I'm the only one that actually liked it...Michael0134567
Lol you're not the only one.I enjoyed what I played of both of them.

That's a relief
#31 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
Man, there's a lot of Conduit haters out there I'm afraid I'm the only one that actually liked it...stickmen1
Both Conduit games rock.
#32 Posted by Hammerhead72 (224 posts) -

I liked them too... :D

#33 Posted by thedude- (2312 posts) -

I remember them talking about how their engine was suited specifically for the Wii. How does that bode for 3DS and, even more so, for Wii U iterations of Conduit.