This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mayckoll (8 posts) -

i've found recently the upcoming COD4 for PS3. X360 and pc, but not to wii, i sent a question to activision, wich was answered really fast, and made me feel like they REALLY care about their customers, well, here is the letter is sent, copied directly from my mail, and the purpouse is pretty obvious

Thx for reading

Response (Ismael Garcia) - 06/20/2007 05:51 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately there are no currently known plans to release
that game on that platform. We cannot comment on the reasons as to why a
studio may or may not port any of their designed games for any
particular console. Also we have no direct communications with the studios so
your best bet to communicate your questions would be to post at any of
the gaming forums available on the Internet.

Customer - 06/20/2007 03:49 PM
Hello, I know this is not the right section, but rather, i think this
is the closest one, well, here is my request:

Recently, I saw that the tittle Call of Duty 4 is upcoming this year
for Xbox360, PS3, and PC, and I didn't see it on the Wii, wich is sad,
because i own a copy of Call of Duty 3 for Wii, and i also played it on
PS2, and i found the Wii version the best, It really made me feel like I
was part of the war and stuff, unlike with this other console, I also
know the Wii is no competition (in graphics power I mean) to the PS3,
Xbox360 and a powerful PC, but the gameplay made the difference to me, I
didn't had problems at all with the controls, as I could see many
people had, only when my batteries were low, well, the point is, I wish you
could take the Wii into consideration for this promising game.

Sorry for the bad english.
Thank you for listening.

hope thisreachthe dev studio

#2 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
Welcome to my world last week. I asked the same question.
#3 Posted by ice_radon (70341 posts) -
No, the controls sucked in 3...they were slow, cumbersome and tiring!
#4 Posted by rogeliozim (377 posts) -
hi duckman5 it's Dr.Beanz im the dude on your Wii friends list. Any way I'd really like to see COD4 on the Wii it would pwn all. I don't see why they won't or not going to port the game onto the Wii, making Wii game are cheap sinse the Wii isn't that powerfulland they could use the game engien that they used to make COD3 for the Wii. I hope they will make COD4 for the Wii.
#6 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
No, the controls sucked in 3...they were slow, cumbersome and tiring!ice_radon
What makes you think they couldn't improve those things?
#7 Posted by tomarlyn (20145 posts) -
If it had online play, didn't compromise too much on content and looked good then yes. Otherwise I'd get the 360 version.
#8 Posted by tomarlyn (20145 posts) -

[QUOTE="ice_radon"]No, the controls sucked in 3...they were slow, cumbersome and tiring!Duckman5

The controls beat anything a dual-analogue controller can do (except the bad context sensitive motions). It just has a really steep learning curve.

#9 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
If it had online play, didn't compromise too much on content and looked good then yes. Otherwise I'd get the 360 version.tomarlyn
I would at least want SOMETHING to know that they aren't just like "Screw them we hate Wii." Better'an nothin'.
#10 Posted by steadf4st (81 posts) -
I dont think it would work out on the wii its just too....idk how to put it in a nice way (because i like the wii) but no
#11 Posted by NECR0CHILD313 (7025 posts) -

[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="ice_radon"]No, the controls sucked in 3...they were slow, cumbersome and tiring!tomarlyn

The controls beat anything a dual-analogue controller can do (except the bad context sensitive motions). It just has a really steep learning curve.

The context sensitive motions were bad, but I found the learning curve forgiving in CoD3.

#12 Posted by mayckoll (8 posts) -

actually, the controls weren't bad for me, they worked as well as it could be, and yes, like i said before, we all know the wii doesn't have the power to enter into the graphics competition (perhaps, looks like ps3 doesn't have them either), but the way you play games on the wii, is like, a very awesome innovation, a really new thing, as for me, it made the games funnier than before, but well, i hope they actually make COD4 for the wii (yes, this is a disguised bump :P).

and actually, as they could work making the game multi, on and offline for xbox 360, and with all those realistic graphics, they can always put a little bit of work for wii controls, as for the customers, i saw somewhere on gamespot news, that the wii was the most sold game console, the nintendo ds the most sold handheld, and blah blah blah, until i saw, that the GBA was sold a little more than the PS3 >_>.

i think, the fun factor is better than "WOW HOW AMAZING IT LOOKS, IT HAS BETTER RESOLUTION THAN REAL LIFE THINGS I CAN SEE" (or something like that)

#13 Posted by movin_target (3413 posts) -

No, the controls sucked in 3...they were slow, cumbersome and tiring!ice_radon

I dont know what Call of Duty 3 you were playing
They were almost perfect for me

#14 Posted by chris3116 (12174 posts) -
Another game I could play on my PC. But I'm sick of this franchise. I heard it's not a WWII game.
#15 Posted by firestorm9305 (1210 posts) -
It's ok, it will be awesome on the 360, I can't wait!
#16 Posted by danneswegman (12937 posts) -

be realistic... what would be left of it.....

#17 Posted by bluezy (29297 posts) -
I saw this pre-alpha video of the gameplay for COD4, and it looks amazing. I'd love to have it on the Wii.
#18 Posted by Xxfatality91xX (1 posts) -
cod4 will be crazy 4 the wii..it will be crazy and the biggest anticipation for the wii since that disopointment 2 b called Super smash bros brawl =)
#19 Posted by bball_freak_2 (1609 posts) -

^ uhh whaaat? ill let that go...

is COD even confirmed for wii? i would love that and buy it in a heartbeat, but i doubt its coming

#20 Posted by Hulkness (1271 posts) -
No man this postis very old bumping it was stupid I was confused when I first read it.
#21 Posted by bball_freak_2 (1609 posts) -
oh hahaha k, yeah i get it not. the post above me still doesnt make sense though..
#22 Posted by Imask8r9999 (7 posts) -

I got this game for Christmas this year and it is simply the BEST shooter on the Nintendo Wii console. There aren't all of the glithes like there is in World at War and the graphics are awesome!!!!

#23 Posted by wiifan001 (18296 posts) -

I got this game for Christmas this year and it is simply the BEST shooter on the Nintendo Wii console. There aren't all of the glithes like there is in World at War and the graphics are awesome!!!!

Imask8r9999
lol at bumping a 2 year old topic
#24 Posted by wolverine08 (245 posts) -

im glad this topic was bumped, all the doubters were wrong :D