C:LoS-MoF Has The Best Pop Out 3D on the 3DS.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

This is the kind of game I bought a 3DS for. The pop out on the cutscenes is tremendous. It looks like it is coming right out of the screen. If you have not seen it do yourself a favor and check it out (not sure if there are any cutscenes in the demo). 

Any other games have great pop out? Heroes of Ruin had a couple of good scenes (thinking of the Goblin King when he is flying around with his helicopter backpack). I wish more developers would utilize this effect. It is awesome.

#2 Posted by TIGERLIONX (906 posts) -

i have to agree with you sir, this is the first game i played it entirely with the 3d on.

the game is great, a bit short but it kept me hooked from start to end, cant wait for lords of shadow 2

#3 Posted by Moloch121 (677 posts) -
Is the framerate as bad as in the demo? I can't buy a game if it won't run at 30fps the entire time.
#4 Posted by TIGERLIONX (906 posts) -

Is the framerate as bad as in the demo? I can't buy a game if it won't run at 30fps the entire time. Moloch121

or i have a bad eye and i didnt noticed, or the runs on 30fps

lol anayway it seemed pretty fluid to me

#5 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Is the framerate as bad as in the demo? I can't buy a game if it won't run at 30fps the entire time. Moloch121

I have not played the demo so I do not know but this same question has been asked on the Gamefaqs board and the general consensus seems to be that the framerate issues the demo had do not persist in the actual game.

#6 Posted by Minishdriveby (9847 posts) -
I played the demo and I did think the 3D was exceptionally poppy, but it's really the only thing that stood out to me on the demo.
#7 Posted by final_lap (327 posts) -

The demo has that one cutscene with the brute flings a fleaman toward the camera in slow motion.

It really seemed like that was created solely for the 3D effect. I do not play with 3D on though. :p

#8 Posted by gargungulunk (140 posts) -

This game is awesome...!

(I should say I just got a 3DS the other day, so there's that impact, but) The 3D is like looking through a window, each level so far (@ 30%) Has a feel of depth, and the lighting/effects are very well setup.  The delay in releasing this game seems warrented after playing it.

I love that it's 2D gameplay (the way Castlevania should be), it allows the 3D effect to sink in more.  When you can view across a bridge and see into the scale of the level, it really opens the castle up.

#9 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

I am at just over 50% in and it keeps getting better. As awesome as Simon was Alucard is even better. More powers and he needs them as the levels are getting trickier.