-classic controller question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

old_school24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 old_school24
Member since 2005 • 578 Posts
can you play gamecube cames with the classic controller?
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
No
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
since you can't it makes me feel kinda stupid for getting one since if I want to play GC games I still need yet another controller, but then again you can't really play some games correctly (like smw) with the GC controller. Oh well.
littlefugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 littlefugue
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

I bought one after reading an IGN article stating how you CAN use the classic controller to play GC games.  What a fool I was.  Still, I couldn't imagine attemtping SFII or SMW with a GC controller.

Acronyms FTW.

v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
nope, gc controller
bigsexyleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigsexyleon
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
hopefully in a future update they may add a driver that allows you to use it for gc games. well i hope they do because imo this is one of the stupidest things nintendo could have done
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angelfly
hopefully in a future update they may add a driver that allows you to use it for gc games. well i hope they do because imo this is one of the stupidest things nintendo could have donebigsexyleon
Obviously you have no idea how Wii runs GC games. It's just not possible because it's not emulating the system.
eggwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eggwaffle
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
i was under that impression aswell. i was very dissapointed but i still use it for playing VC games. i tried to sell it off to a couple of m8s but none of them wanted to buy it for £18.
wickerman2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 wickerman2004
Member since 2004 • 3878 Posts

[QUOTE="bigsexyleon"]hopefully in a future update they may add a driver that allows you to use it for gc games. well i hope they do because imo this is one of the stupidest things nintendo could have doneangelfly
Obviously you have no idea how Wii runs GC games. It's just not possible because it's not emulating the system.

Well...you obviously know everything. I oppose your view and believe an update can unlock the potential.

DriftRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DriftRS
Member since 2004 • 3491 Posts

[QUOTE="angelfly"][QUOTE="bigsexyleon"]hopefully in a future update they may add a driver that allows you to use it for gc games. well i hope they do because imo this is one of the stupidest things nintendo could have donewickerman2004

Well...you obviously know everything. I oppose your view and believe an update can unlock the potential.

Acctually wikerman, your right. Just like a third party can release dif controllers for the same console, Nintendo should be able to allow the Wii to map the buttons on the VC controller as if it was a GC pad, problem solved.

angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 angelfly
[QUOTE="wickerman2004"]

[QUOTE="angelfly"][QUOTE="bigsexyleon"]hopefully in a future update they may add a driver that allows you to use it for gc games. well i hope they do because imo this is one of the stupidest things nintendo could have doneDriftRS

Acctually wikerman, your right. Just like a third party can release dif controllers for the same console, Nintendo should be able to allow the Wii to map the buttons on the VC controller as if it was a GC pad, problem solved.

As I said it's not possible. The only way that could happen is if GC games could access the Wii hardware but they can't because of the simple fact that the games aren't emulated. Wii turns into a GC when running games so all the Wii spefic hardware is shutdsown (e.g bluetooth). Even if the Wii specific hardware didn't shutdown it still wouldn't be possible since GC games weren't made to access the Wii hardware in order to communicate with the wiimote. It's the same reason why you can't save GC games to the internal flash.
arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
no u need a gamecube controller to play gamecube games. the gamecube controller can play basically any virtual console game also, but i prefer the classic controller