Cheapest place/online site to buy Pokemon games? (DS & 3DS)

CG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CG100
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Here's the games I'm looking for: Pokemon HeartGold, White, White Version 2, X, and Alpha Sapphire.

It doesn't necessarily have to be new, I'm willing to buy a pre-owned games. Most of the games I'm looking for are $40, with the exception of white 2 $30, when they're brand new. So is there a place I can buy them for like $10 less brand new? Or $15-20 less if its pre owned.

Another question, why don't Pokemon games ever get price drops? I mean Heart gold is still the same price as when it came out in 2009! Its worth more than newer pokemon games like White and White 2 which are $30 and $35.

Cheddarchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 105

#2  Edited By Cheddarchet
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

Your chances of finding a new copy of a Pokemon title below $10.00 are minuscule, but if you succeed, please tell me! That would be wonderful.

Anyway, Amazon isn't a bad place to start. Pokemon White is about $20.00 used. If you don't mind getting Y instead of X, that's about 25 (not including shipping on those). I didn't see a much better price than what you listed for any of the others though.

As for your last question: Why lower the price if they keep selling? The price is probably higher on Heart Gold because it's not being printed much anymore, if at all, and people are still looking for it. White and White 2 released a year and 2 years later, so there will be more copies in circulation. That's my guess, at least.

CG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CG100
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Cheddarchet: Not below $10, I meant $10 less that what it usually cost in a retail store. I was looking around and the best I found is Best Buy. They only sell them pre-owned, but they sell them for about half of what its worth new. I can get heartgold for $20 and I beleive they come with cases, not sure about manuals. If you find something better please do tell me :)

And yea that makes sense. I browsed around a bit and it seems pokemon games simply don't die, games that are years old are still on demand. Oh well