Capcom: The Wii is kiddy, so aside from RE, we'll only make kid stuff for it.

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nitephone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nitephone
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

http://gonintendo.com/?p=13018

The following comment is from Christian Svensson, Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Research at Capcom…

"We have more titles coming to Wii than what’s been announced HOWEVER, I must admit, many of them (outside of RE) are not mature titles despite the fact that’s an area Capcom is known for.

By and large, we don’t see the Wii being home to an sizble mature playerbase outside of some of the early adopters. We see it as being very, very broad with a family focus (especially in Japan). If there is a “core player base” on Wii, within two years, it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).

You’ll see more announcements later this year on this front."Sven, Snr Director of Strategy

Good - Capcom is supporting Wii, Bad - They have already pegged the system as having a kiddy focus. That doesn’t mean the games they put out won’t be excellent (Mega Man is for younger audiences right?), but I know a lot of people will be upset by the news. Thanks to Johnny4 for the heads up."

=======================

Here's the link to the post on Capcom's official message boards:
http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showpost.p...35&postcount=4

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I wonder if Sven frequents System Wars...:roll:I find this whole "kiddy" argument to be a bit stupid, to be honest. At least we're getting RE.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Doesn't say kiddie:roll:
v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
RE will be cool
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).Article
Wtf? Strange, I could almost say that the Wii is the more mature, Xbox in the middle, and the PS3 is the true kiddy console... But hey that's just me... Anyways... As long as they once in a while make some mature games (and by mature games I mean RE) I don't care... All the other capcom games that are not ''mature'' are awesome in the same! Im looking at you megaman! And to a certain extent I'm also looking at Viewtiful Joe, but they closed that studio.... Anyways, a new Marvel Vs Capcom would also be very welcome >.>
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah who cares really, he doesnt really know what he's talking about but regardless all I want from capcom is RE anyway. I also want Megaman but that isnt a M rated game so thats a possibility.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
[quote="Article"] it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Wtf? Strange, I could almost say that the Wii is the more mature, Xbox in the middle, and the PS3 is the true kiddy console... But hey that's just me... Anyways... As long as they once in a while make some mature games (and by mature games I mean RE) I don't care... All the other capcom games that are not ''mature'' are awesome in the same! Im looking at you megaman! And to a certain extent I'm also looking at Viewtiful Joe, but they closed that studio.... Anyways, a new Marvel Vs Capcom would also be very welcome >.>

lol Marvel vs. Super Smash Bros.... hell i'd get it
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
All I want from Capcom is an RE and we are getting one. I just hope is is almost as good or better than RE4 if that is possible.

YahooyBooy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 YahooyBooy
Member since 2005 • 578 Posts
Maybe when Manhunt comes out on the Wii, and we are stabbing characters with our Wii-motes.....maybe then will the kiddy talk go away. 
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I would have to say that this guy isn't very good at his job, because if he did his research he would know that many of the people buying GTA on the PS2 were 12 yrs old. Most older fans are fans of Nintendo consoles and have been gaming for years, unlike the majority of sony fans who grew up with PS1 when they were 7. He's pretty clueless to be the Sr. Director of Research. Regardless besides RE what other Mature capcom titles are there, DMC I 'll pass never really been much of a fan, Dead Rising already beat it, and that game wouldnt make much of a franchise, I mean what is he going to say "oh I forgot my wallet" and go back to the mall. Their non M rated titles are the ones I'm most interested in, they can everything they got as long as they give me a solid 3D Megaman.
FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FLYmeatwad
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
Maybe when Manhunt comes out on the Wii, and we are stabbing characters with our Wii-motes.....maybe then will the kiddy talk go away.  YahooyBooy
Then the talk ban the Wii forever. It trains children to be killers, far worse than the PS2 could ever have strived to, seeing as how making killing machines of children was the goal of every Rockstar game on that system.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Bring Breath of Fire, Bionic Commando and Super Ghouls N Ghosts (which it's planned to be) on the VC and that's it. Capcom and I are not good friends. Resident Evil is meh to me. I already have both Mega Man compilations. It's a shame they closed Clover Studio. Capcom could have turned it as a Wii studio.

If Capcom doesn't bring a game like Okami, I'm boycotting them for this generation.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
My favorite Cpacom game last Gen was RE4 but my favorite capcom series last gen was Viewtiful Joe.
YahooyBooy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YahooyBooy
[QUOTE="YahooyBooy"]Maybe when Manhunt comes out on the Wii, and we are stabbing characters with our Wii-motes.....maybe then will the kiddy talk go away.  FLYmeatwad
Then the talk ban the Wii forever. It trains children to be killers, far worse than the PS2 could ever have strived to, seeing as how making killing machines of children was the goal of every Rockstar game on that system.

Making kids killing machines was their goal? Seriously? If I were to go THAT overboard, lets just forget about Rockstar and blame first person shooters! Halo? nahh Goldeneye? naahhhh Doom started it....yeah, that's the ticket!!! There are far greater evils in the world than video games. Think of your video game console in terms of a gun....if it's in your house, it's your responsibility....if your child gets a hold of it, it's YOUR responsibility. Not Rockstar's or any other game maker. That's like blaming Toyota and Ford for someone running into a pedestrian crossing the street. Maybe you shouldn't be handling their product if you don't know how to use it properly.
FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FLYmeatwad

Bring Breath of Fire, Bionic Commando and Super Ghouls N Ghosts (which it's planned to be) on the VC and that's it. Capcom and I are not good friends. Resident Evil is meh to me. I already have both Mega Man compilations. It's a shame they closed Clover Studio. Capcom could have turned it as a Wii studio.

If Capcom doesn't bring a game like Okami, I'm boycotting them for this generation.

chris3116
Yeah, the older Mega Mans were kind of fun for me when I had and NES, but I was always more in to the characters and the story than the gameplay. I loved RE 4, easily the best game of 2005, though GoW did give it some competition. I love Okami, such an incredible game and I liked most of the stuff that Clover did. Never a huge VJ fan, but it was interesting to play and I did enjoy it. I never played God Hand because the reviews sort of turned me off to a game that I wasn't that interested in to begin with, but Clover would have been a huge asset as a Wii only studio. As for the Capcom stuff on the 360, meh. My brother has Lost Planet and I haven't tried it yet, but Dead Rising was easily one of, if not the worst game that I played in 2006.
FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FLYmeatwad
[QUOTE="FLYmeatwad"][QUOTE="YahooyBooy"]Maybe when Manhunt comes out on the Wii, and we are stabbing characters with our Wii-motes.....maybe then will the kiddy talk go away.  YahooyBooy

Making kids killing machines was their goal? Seriously? If I were to go THAT overboard, lets just forget about Rockstar and blame first person shooters! Halo? nahh Goldeneye? naahhhh Doom started it....yeah, that's the ticket!!! There are far greater evils in the world than video games. Think of your video game console in terms of a gun....if it's in your house, it's your responsibility....if your child gets a hold of it, it's YOUR responsibility. Not Rockstar's or any other game maker. That's like blaming Toyota and Ford for someone running into a pedestrian crossing the street. Maybe you shouldn't be handling their product if you don't know how to use it properly.

Well it was all sarcasm, I don't feel that way at all about it. I enjoy all of the Rockstar stuff. Heck Bully could have been my Game of 2006 is Oblivion, Zelda, Okami, and a few others hadn't come out. I just said that because I know how the politicans reacted to killing with controllers and buttons, I can only imagine what they'll say when you actually initiate the moves to kill someone.
YahooyBooy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 YahooyBooy
I started thinking about that before I got done reading about Manhunt coming out. It is gonna be a circus in DC.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Yeah who cares really, he doesnt really know what he's talking about but regardless all I want from capcom is RE anyway. I also want Megaman but that isnt a M rated game so thats a possibility.Sepewrath

Same here.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

talk about stereotyping....

The Wii is kiddy...yeah tell that to Sadness, No More Heroes, Midnight, Manhunt 2 ect's producers...they will laugh in your face Capcom....

they will change their minds anyway once the Wii overtakes 360 in sales after only being out for 6 months they will change their minds.....

or maybe they are just doing a Sony and being lazy? omg this new controll is pretty cool but i can't be bothered to make good games using it, we are so stupid and have no new ideas lets stick to crappy joypads....yeah high 5!

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
It all depends on the success of M rated games like Manhunt, Godfather, and Capcom's Resident Evil.
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts

CAPCOM!!! i really don't like you anymore.. calling the wii kiddy pfftt...

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

It all depends on the success of M rated games like Manhunt, Godfather, and Capcom's Resident Evil.Wintry_Flutist

They are proboly waiting for the waters to be tested 1st. If the M rated games do good then proboly see more M rated games.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Does the Godfather Black Hand edition mean anything to them?
mattsand1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattsand1990
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts

Capcom supported the GCN quite a bit, but really the only great games I can remember for it were the Resident Evil games (RE game coming to Wii), and the Viewtiful Joe series (which the studio is now closed).  So really now, what are we missing out on if last gen was any indication.  Killer7 was my favorite Capcom title last gen, and the company who's making it has moved on to other publishers.

So, I'll support whatever good games they make, but I have a feeling their games aimed at the younger demographic might not be so great.

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts

[quote="Article"] it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Wtf? Strange, I could almost say that the Wii is the more mature, Xbox in the middle, and the PS3 is the true kiddy console... But hey that's just me...

That would be a bizarre statement.

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts

[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"][quote="Article"] it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).reggie186

Wtf? Strange, I could almost say that the Wii is the more mature, Xbox in the middle, and the PS3 is the true kiddy console... But hey that's just me...

And yet, it seems to be true.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 reggie186
[QUOTE="reggie186"]

[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"][quote="Article"] it will be largely a younger player (far younger than 360 or PS3).CerealEater

And yet, it seems to be true.

How so?

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DGM09
Know how fans act? I'd guess Ninja based it on that. 
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 reggie186

Know how fans act? I'd guess Ninja based it on that. CerealEater

I understand. I thought that you were backing him up on his claim.

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DGM09

[QUOTE="CerealEater"]Know how fans act? I'd guess Ninja based it on that. reggie186

I do agree with, actually.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
NO!!!! Capcop is dumb:o
Make M games for the Wii! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:o:shock::o
Kuwait_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kuwait_Gamer
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
Wii is for kids ? so that why Manhunt 2 is not going to be in the ps3 and 360  capcom need to support the wii and keep it mouth shut really
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 reggie186
[QUOTE="reggie186"]

[QUOTE="CerealEater"]Know how fans act? I'd guess Ninja based it on that. CerealEater

Ok...well answer my question then. What makes the PS3 more kiddy than the Wii?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
They are adding to the problem if they would make more mature games then the Wii wouldn't be seen as a kiddy console by blind fanboys.
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DGM09
[QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"]

[QUOTE="CerealEater"]Know how fans act? I'd guess Ninja based it on that. reggie186

Assuming he did base that statement on how the system's fans are (and knowing him, I'm pretty sure that's the case), I'd simply tell you to look at most people that post comments when awards are given to games. One example of this is the D.I.C.E. Awards news. If you take a quick look at the posts made by people who own an X360 (I mention this one has GoW took most prizes) you'll notice the completely immature and sense-less posts made by these people.
I'm not saying Nintendo fans don't do it, but I'll be darned if PS3 fans aren't immature as hell. They surpass by far the X360's rabid fans who see nothing but GoW and Halo in front of them.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 reggie186
[QUOTE="reggie186"][QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"]

[QUOTE="CerealEater"]Know how fans act? I'd guess Ninja based it on that. CerealEater

Assuming he did base that statement on how the system's fan are (and knowing him, I'm pretty sure that's the case), I'd simply tell you to look at most people that post comments when awards are given to games. One example of this is the D.I.C.E. Awards news. If you take a quick look at the posts made by people who own an X360 (I mention this one has GoW took most prizes) you'll notice the completely immature and sense-less posts made by these people.
I'm not saying Nintendo fans don't do it, but I'll be darned if PS3 fans aren't immature as hell. They surpass by far the X360's rabid fans who see nothing but GoW and Halo in front of them.

Immaturity has nothing to do with this. I agree that Nintendo fans seem to be better behaved than the fans of the other consoles. But that's not the point.
By calling the PS3 "kiddy" it would mean that a lot of games are out for it that are meant to appeal to little kids. It has nothing to do with the immaturity of the gamers that play games for the PS3.

DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DGM09
[QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"][QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"]

Assuming he did base that statement on how the system's fan are (and knowing him, I'm pretty sure that's the case), I'd simply tell you to look at most people that post comments when awards are given to games. One example of this is the D.I.C.E. Awards news. If you take a quick look at the posts made by people who own an X360 (I mention this one has GoW took most prizes) you'll notice the completely immature and sense-less posts made by these people.

Immaturity has nothing to do with this. I agree that Nintendo fans seem to be better behaved than the fans of the other consoles. But that's not the point.
By calling the PS3 "kiddy" it would mean that a lot of games are out for it that are meant to appeal to little kids. It has nothing to do with the immaturity of the gamers that play games for the PS3.

If you don't want to go that way then I still don't see why a game has to look as realistic as possible just to be mature. There are so many games that prove this. The list is countless. Do you think years ago people who played Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Exhaust Heat and countless other old titles really cared about them looking "kiddy"? Hell no. They played it for the fun. Progress in game technology is positive yes, but it also affects people's mentality when talking about how mature a game is. A real shame, honestly.
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
By calling the PS3 "kiddy" it would mean that a lot of games are out for it that are meant to appeal to little kids. It has nothing to do with the immaturity of the gamers that play games for the PS3.reggie186

I meant two things, One CerealEater has already stated. The other, and the one your missing at the moment, is the following: The true kiddy games, are the ''mature'' games, and notice how I say ''mature'', because the definition of mature that we are using here, is GORE, not ambience, not context, not story, only GORE. And, you should know, that the people that are really interested in those mature games are teens (11-16 years +/-). The same teens that say that the Wii kiddy, for they lack self security to actually believe that a game that doesn't have gore can be ''mature'' for many other reasons. So, who ends up buying the Wii? Some -16 that are not has ''Cool driven'' as the others, and then 17+, as you can see from the many polls that have been done on that subject here! So for now, I rest my case.

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 reggie186
[QUOTE="reggie186"][QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"][QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"]

If you don't want to go that way then I still don't see why a game has to look as realistic as possible just to be mature. There are so many games that prove this. The list is countless. Do you think years ago people who played Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Exhaust Heat and countless other old titles really cared about them looking "kiddy"? Hell no. They played it for the fun. Progress in game technology is positive yes, but it also affects people's mentality when talking about how mature a game is. A real shame, honestly.

I agree with what you just said...but that's still not the point. Nintendo has been singled out as making kiddy systems because the games for the systems weren't (for the most part) overly violent with really mature themes (sex, drugs, whatever).
It has nothing to do with the graphics of the games.

Gencoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gencoil
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts
Sounds like someone is jumping to conclusions here. The Wii will be what you make it, there's nothing indicating that this is somehow a kiddy system. Just because Nintendo likes to release family-friendly games that shouldn't be some unwritten rule that developers need to follow. Hopefully Metroid Prime 3 will show people that Wii is more than just cute graphics and party games.
bildo2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 bildo2020
Member since 2003 • 717 Posts
Who cares!  RE is an ok game franchise and for the rest of Capcoms games...there usually mediocre.  I dont undertsand why everyone in this thread wants Megaman lol!  But hey, everyone has there own tastes i suppose!  Capcom can shove it, they will just miss out on the loads of money to be had from the Wii.
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DGM09
[QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"][QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"][QUOTE="CerealEater"][QUOTE="reggie186"]

I agree with what you just said...but that's still not the point. Nintendo has been singled out as making kiddy systems because the games for the systems weren't (for the most part) overly violent with really mature themes (sex, drugs, whatever).
It has nothing to do with the graphics of the games.

Yes, it has.
IMO, a game doesn't need those mature themes to be considered mature. Hell, I don't consider them mature myself.
What's so mature about killing people?
 I only consider them to be for "mature" as they're meant for mature audiences. (I know this is not the point...this is just something I felt like adding.)
At any rate, it is a shame they consider a system kiddy just because it doesn't have games with people bleeding and exposing internal organs and the such.

Avatar image for Jin_the_samurai
Jin_the_samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jin_the_samurai
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts
Nintendo is trying their best to lose the kiddy image, but it hasn't really been working. For example yesterday in Gamestop a lady standing in front of me in line asked the guy working their what should I buy for my son's birthday a Xbox 360 or Wii, and than the guy asked "How old is he?" and the lady said "Hes 10." than the guy working their said "Buy a Wii since he is a little kid and the Wii has kiddy related games" Nintendo trying to lose its family oriented image and getting a mature image is almost impossible and the equivalent of Disney trying to lose the family image and gain the mature image. Is it such a bad thing anyways? we bought the Wii for the great Nintendo franchises like LoZ, Mario, SSB etc..... they might not be mature but they are super fun and worth buying a Wii for.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i don't like the way oyu bring this. you are trying to hurt wii owners.
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
I'm kind of angry at them but I just realized most of the games I've played and liked that were made by them were either T or E rated aside from RE.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
by aiming at a younger audience... they mean IPs like Okami and Viewtiful Joe (just brands that are not full of violence)... then i wouldn't mind it. but if they mean that they are going to actually have games in which its gameplay is focused for younger players, then yea, that sucks.
CyberZero104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#47 CyberZero104
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

Capcom is a great company, but saying the Wii is kiddy is their biggest mistake.

The Wii is NOT FREAKING KIDDY, I'm only 15 years old, and I LOVE the Wii. Stop making lies, Capcom.

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#48 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

Y'know they never said it was kiddy. I can't belive Nintendo fanboys still fall into this sort of crap. He never said 'kiddy' heck he never said 'kids'. He said 'younger audience'. He may not be right, but he's not saying he's making nothing but E games.

Younger gamers = T rating and E rating. Brawl is most likely have a T rating, but i'm not hearing fanboys calling that kiddy. Metroid Prime was even T I think. That sure as hell wasn't kiddy.

For all we know Capcom are making an ingenous puzzle game for everyone to enjoy. They could be making a shooter withouth the blood or serious realism. C'mon, people! Capcom are not going to make 'Alice in Wonderland' anytime soon.

azad-g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 azad-g
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

Well my opinion is its kind of stuped. They wont put adult rated games on the wii because it is aimed at for younger kids but i think thats alot of crap, why? if the game is for adults then dont buy it for the kids innit just like viva pinyata on the 360,360 is made for gory blood shooting crazzy adult rated shooters, and viva pinyata is COMPLETELY for kids

i say the wii should have selection of wide range of games despite it being aimed at for kids.

just like the godfather.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

Y'know they never said it was kiddy. I can't belive Nintendo fanboys still fall into this sort of crap. He never said 'kiddy' heck he never said 'kids'. He said 'younger audience'. He may not be right, but he's not saying he's making nothing but E games.

Younger gamers = T rating and E rating. Brawl is most likely have a T rating, but i'm not hearing fanboys calling that kiddy. Metroid Prime was even T I think. That sure as hell wasn't kiddy.

For all we know Capcom are making an ingenous puzzle game for everyone to enjoy. They could be making a shooter withouth the blood or serious realism. C'mon, people! Capcom are not going to make 'Alice in Wonderland' anytime soon.

Optusnet
well pointed out.