Can you play DS games in the 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cttooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cttooch
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

anyone know if you will be able to play regular DS games in the 3DS or will you only be able to use 3DS games in the 3DS

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Yes, you can play DS games on the 3DS.

delectabledoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 delectabledoz
Member since 2008 • 404 Posts
thats great then cos i would be a bit annoyed if you couldnt .. got a few good games that i'm playing at the moment so im happy to hear that : )
HamroGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HamroGeek
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
That's good... do you know if those games will show up in 3D too? It may sound like a dumb question, but I just wanna know if I should buy the new version of Nintendogs or if my current one will just show up as 3D anyways.
Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

They are not in 3D and they look pretty crappy on the 3DS. Its not unbearable but I would much rather play DS games on my DS.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

That's good... do you know if those games will show up in 3D too? It may sound like a dumb question, but I just wanna know if I should buy the new version of Nintendogs or if my current one will just show up as 3D anyways.HamroGeek

Please don't bump old threads - You can ask for recommendations in the stickied thread at the top of the DS/3DS board and if you have a general question, you can create a new topic.

As for your question, DS games do NOT have the 3D effect on the 3DS. Only 3DS games will have the 3D effect.