Can we expect a new 3DS model to be announced at E3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I wish they just made a thinner regular 3DS, like the DSi was, maybe a 3DSi or lite. The XL is too big to carry around and the 3DS is too thick and out-dated.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I doubt it, but it's hard to predict Nintendo so it could happen.

I predict new colors/exterior designs for bundles. The 3DS is portable enough, IMO, and not much can be improved that won't drastically change the hardware.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I'm hoping for it but only half expecting it. I'm not sure if it's too soon after the 2DS was released or not. My launch 3DS is pretty beat up... It has screen scratches due to poor design and the L button has mostly stopped working. I'd buy a 3DS Lite in a heartbeat.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: Other then a Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire 3DS and maybe a MH4U 3DS XL, I dont see any other one. MAYBE a Smash Bros one. But when it comes to any actual changes to the system like thinner or what not then no. Not a chance.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

I read something about Nintendo not wasting anyone time on revisions. I would agree with that, considering there's already three of them already.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

I would buy a remodeled 3DS if it had a second analog stick. It would be a day 1 buy, in other words a preorder.

Is anyone else really ready for this instead of a silly add-on that throws the portability of a portable system out the window?

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

NO

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

One never knows; the 2DS announcement came out of nowhere (albeit not at E3).

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

@thedude-: I really feel like people lost the meaning of portability. Maybe im crazy , the gba sp and micro were portable, anything else including the original 3ds didnt fit in my pocket. Like honestly, whos walking around keys a cellphone and a 3ds in their pockets?

even the 3dsXL with the thumbstick easily fits in a small pocket on a backpack, i wish someone would explain this phenomenon to me

Finymin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Finymin
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@thedude-: This would be so good. The Circle Pad Pro is annoying and akward.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

I don't think so.

They should save any improvements for their next handheld.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@equanox214 said:

@thedude-: I really feel like people lost the meaning of portability. Maybe im crazy , the gba sp and micro were portable, anything else including the original 3ds didnt fit in my pocket. Like honestly, whos walking around keys a cellphone and a 3ds in their pockets?

even the 3dsXL with the thumbstick easily fits in a small pocket on a backpack, i wish someone would explain this phenomenon to me

And wallets as well.

NINTENDO really missed an opportunity once again.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Yes, most definitely. Anytime there is a drop in sales Nintendo revamps their portable in some kind of way(or am i wrong about that?). Perhaps they will phase out the original model, keep the xl, and introduce a more streamlined version of the orignal version with a MUCH better battery.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Heirren said:

Yes, most definitely. Anytime there is a drop in sales Nintendo revamps their portable in some kind of way(or am i wrong about that?). Perhaps they will phase out the original model, keep the xl, and introduce a more streamlined version of the orignal version with a MUCH better battery.

thats what I want

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Heirren said:

thats what I want

Yeah I think to this day what the best handheld ever is and it is definitely the gba sp, followed by the gameboy micro. The sp was built like a tank, and it could have been slimmed down even further. I really like the 3ds, but I'd take one solid screen over backward compatibility with the ds, any day.

I'd like the next nintendo portable to just be a slate design, with a really solid piece of scratch resistant glass covering it--or some nice material. OR, a solidly constructed clamshell. This is why I don't understand playstation vita. It is in that inbetween area. When it was revealed I just thought 5 inches was an odd size. It should have either been a lot smaller, more in the form of the psp go, or a LOT bigger to where multimedia would make sense. A 7inch Vita would have done wonders as people could really use it as a tablet and a game machine.

Sonic536

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sonic536
Member since 2011 • 66 Posts

I like the idea of a redesign. The screen on the original 3DS could be a little better. Plus improvements to size and battery life would increase sales, plus a better design overall, the design it self was very odd. I think this would be the year to do it too. I feel like Nintendo will be releasing their next handheld in the next couple years.

It also seems like the random announcement they'd make for E3 on the portable side of things.

Angry_Mushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Angry_Mushroom
Member since 2009 • 708 Posts

I doubt it. The current lineup of systems appears to be just fine for now. I predict a few bundles and that's about it. What I want to see if Nintendo revamp their digital system. Losing a 3DS means losing all your digital games. I'm hoping they announce a central account from which you can view and manage your devices. Chances of that are about as good as a new 3DS model. Zero.