Can I exchange my opened Wii U at GameStop for another with receipt?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GC1103 (2 posts) -
Noticed backlight bleeding on gamepad while playing so want to exchange.
#2 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
Sure if they actually have any left, which I doubt they do.
#3 Posted by kevko76 (253 posts) -
theres backlight bleeding on mine too...
#5 Posted by bulby_g (1449 posts) -

Over here (UK) if there is a legitimate fault within the warranty period then they have to swap it, even if you don't have any of the packaging.

#6 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

backlight bleeding...?

#7 Posted by Gesyma (1049 posts) -

I think that's a dev fix rather than a hardware issue. Although Nintendo could probably patch a 1px stroke mask via firmware update I'm guessing...

#8 Posted by tocool340 (20660 posts) -
If its new, no. At least, I tried that when I found out the black Wii wasn't able to play GC games. They told be they won't take my Wii back when I asked if I can exchange it for a white wii....
#9 Posted by Jaysonguy (37994 posts) -

If its new, no. At least, I tried that when I found out the black Wii wasn't able to play GC games. They told be they won't take my Wii back when I asked if I can exchange it for a white wii....tocool340

Neither one plays Gamecube games.

#10 Posted by tocool340 (20660 posts) -

[QUOTE="tocool340"]If its new, no. At least, I tried that when I found out the black Wii wasn't able to play GC games. They told be they won't take my Wii back when I asked if I can exchange it for a white wii....Jaysonguy

Neither one plays Gamecube games.

I'm talking about the original Wii not Wii U. Gamestop policy when it comes to systems is that if you buy it new, they can't except it back. You have to mail it to Nintendo to have it fixed...