Can dsi play videos on youtube?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FireBombz (681 posts) -

do you think the dsi can play youtube? i think they should create an app that let you play video on youtube

#2 Posted by KurodaMurasaki (1670 posts) -

Nope. And that is extremely unlikely.

#3 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

It can't... Yet.

I think the Wii couldn't play them at first until and upgrade arrived but now it can? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess the same thing will happen with the DSi.

Why would you want to though? The browser is slow as hell.

#4 Posted by Zeybrin (126 posts) -
The DSi's web browser is built on Opera Mobile. . . So NOOO
#5 Posted by Johnke (53 posts) -

That's a negatory

#6 Posted by ausgamer529 (462 posts) -

:cry:NOOOOoOoOoO:cry:

#7 Posted by FireBombz (681 posts) -

It can't... Yet.

I think the Wii couldn't play them at first until and upgrade arrived but now it can? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yoweeh

i just like a system with a lot of functions

#8 Posted by ausgamer529 (462 posts) -

they should try to stop being a psp with the internet thing

#9 Posted by Maledizione (896 posts) -

ausgamer529

They're not trying to be anything. DSi =/= PSP

#10 Posted by FireBombz (681 posts) -

it is not psp, psp doesnt play youtube video, unless you did something to your psp

#11 Posted by its_a_username (598 posts) -

No it cant. youtube is the first website i went to when i got the dsi but it doesnt have flashplayer. I tried downloading flashplayer to my sd card but it didnt allow me to.

#12 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2410 posts) -

It can't... Yet.

Yoweeh
the wii could play youtube vids when the browser first came out
#13 Posted by FireBombz (681 posts) -

well do you think the dsi is capable of playing youtube videos? i think the quality might be not that great, but i think it is capable of doing that

#14 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

ausgamer529
... Get off the DS forums then.
#15 Posted by FireBombz (681 posts) -

ausgamer529

so everything with an internet thing is being psp, so nintendo should not make any internet thing? so every new handheld game system that have internet broswer is being a psp?

#16 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
The DSi's web browser is built on Opera Mobile. . . So NOOOZeybrin
The wii's browser is the same as the DSi (opera) and the wii CAN play youtube videos
#17 Posted by thermalcold (946 posts) -

QUOTE="FireBombz"]

ausgamer529

so everything with an internet thing is being psp, so nintendo should not make any internet thing? so every new handheld game system that have internet broswer is being a psp?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[

#18 Posted by Redonkulous_D (1018 posts) -

[QUOTE="ausgamer529"]

FireBombz

I'm glad you understand...

JK anyways, because of memory constraints( and a few others), the only way the DSi would be able to stream videos is if it had an application made specifically to do that (like the iPhone/iPod Touch). Nintendo's currently working on one and if it's sucssesful in Japan, they'll consider bringing it to other regions.

#19 Posted by FireBombz (681 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireBombz"]

[QUOTE="ausgamer529"]

Redonkulous_D

JK anyways, because of memory constraints( and a few others), the only way the DSi would be able to stream videos is if it had an application made specifically to do that (like the iPhone/iPod Touch). Nintendo's currently working on one and if it's sucssesful in Japan, they'll consider bringing it to other regions.

if there is, im running to gamestop and getting a dsi

#21 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
it asked me to install flash player 9 when i tried... i was afraid i could ruin the DSi by installing stuff for windows :?
#22 Posted by meiaman (3300 posts) -
Before someone goes bashing bruno for reviving a 3 months topic, i would like to say this topic was bumped by someone else but it seems that he/she deleted the post. I was surprised that this topic went t the first page alone until i noticed that there were 3 unread messages and the user post wasn't here. Anyway, what about that copyright stuff?
#23 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="meiaman"]Before someone goes bashing bruno for reviving a 3 months topic, i would like to say this topic was bumped by someone else but it seems that he/she deleted the post. I was surprised that this topic went t the first page alone until i noticed that there were 3 unread messages and the user post wasn't here. Anyway, what about that copyright stuff?

wow i didnt notice it was an old thread O_o few posts, page 1? thanks for covering me :P anyways at some point we'll be getting a patch that allows youtube vids... didnt the wii version have the same issue in the beginning?
#24 Posted by giga_yeti (313 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="meiaman"]Before someone goes bashing bruno for reviving a 3 months topic, i would like to say this topic was bumped by someone else but it seems that he/she deleted the post. I was surprised that this topic went t the first page alone until i noticed that there were 3 unread messages and the user post wasn't here. Anyway, what about that copyright stuff?

wow i didnt notice it was an old thread O_o few posts, page 1? thanks for covering me :P anyways at some point we'll be getting a patch that allows youtube vids... didnt the wii version have the same issue in the beginning?

What we need is FLIPNOTE STUDIO
#25 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="giga_yeti"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="meiaman"]Before someone goes bashing bruno for reviving a 3 months topic, i would like to say this topic was bumped by someone else but it seems that he/she deleted the post. I was surprised that this topic went t the first page alone until i noticed that there were 3 unread messages and the user post wasn't here. Anyway, what about that copyright stuff?

What we need is FLIPNOTE STUDIO

that too, but that would be going off the topic, right? :P
#26 Posted by beny_pimpster (697 posts) -

[QUOTE="Redonkulous_D"]

[QUOTE="FireBombz"]

FireBombz

if there is, im running to gamestop and getting a dsi

same here if it does happen ill get me a dsi
#27 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

its powerful enough, but dont expect them to make anu video plugins anytime soon.

#29 Posted by fail_baby (898 posts) -

its powerful enough, but dont expect them to make anu video plugins anytime soon.

painguy1
licensing is crazy expensive. Not worth it. Anyway, Wii no Ma is bound to be localized soon.