Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I hope Activision is planning to release this on Wii U a little down the line, kind of like they did with CoD: Modern Warfare on Wii. I’ve been buying the annual Call of Duty release on Wii and Wii U for several years and I always love getting a new FPS (that supports pointer controls)! But I’m fine with Ghosts on Wii U for now, I haven’t played it a ton yet. I wonder if Nintendo is thinking about approaching some third-party publishers with propositions to get some of their key franchises back on Wii U.

I also kind of wonder if Activision is missing a sales opportunity by not releasing any Call of Duty games or spinoffs on the 3DS. It’s got big American and European install bases and pretty capable hardware.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

I haven't read anything on releasing it on the WiiU, and my gut tells me that this CoD will not come out on the WiiU.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

# Maybe when the New 3DS and New 3DS XL arrive in Europe and North America. In Addition to extra buttons. The New 3DS's feature better, stronger CPU's which is almost twice as powerful as the original 3DS processor. So 3DS 1.5 might handle Cod games. With an analog circle pad and analog nub. The control should be fine.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Doubt that it will as Treyarch are the only ones that release WiiU versions and that's the way I like it. No yearly release. I hope Treyarch goes back to World War 2 with the next version. World at War 2 would be a very welcomed addition.

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts

@nini200: Yuck. There have been too many WW2 games.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nini200

@ck02623 said:

@nini200: Yuck. There have been too many WW2 games.

Actually nowadays there have been too many modern/futuristic CoD games. A trip back to WW2 would be refreshing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avatar_Taxidous

@nini200 said:

Doubt that it will as Treyarch are the only ones that release WiiU versions and that's the way I like it. No yearly release. I hope Treyarch goes back to World War 2 with the next version. World at War 2 would be a very welcomed addition.

True but in the past Treyarch has handled the porting of Wii or Wii U versions of Call of Duty games originally developed by Infinity Ward.

I'd definitely be down for another shooting game set during World War 2, that's a classic setting.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

@nini200 said:

True but in the past Treyarch has handled the porting of Wii or Wii U versions of Call of Duty games originally developed by Infinity Ward.

I'd definitely be down for another shooting game set during World War 2, that's a classic setting.

Yes they did but I really am not a fan of Infinity Ward CoD games outside of 4.

Yes I'd love a revisit to WW2. It would be a good time to go back since everybody is focusing on modern day or futuristic warfare at the moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Avatar_Taxidous

Could there be hope for a Wii U version already?

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

Yes! I'll buy it!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Avatar_Taxidous

@bunchanumbers said:

@Avatar_Taxidous said:

Yes! I'll buy it!

Ditto

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I think there's a 50/50 chance of it coming, but I wouldn't hold my breath

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Avatar_Taxidous: Sadly, when comparing this to the late release of the original Modern Warfare, it has to be mentioned that there were tens of millions of Wii consoles out in the wild and there's something like 4-6 million Wii U's, and many of those owners won't purchase COD.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

The problem with Call of Duty titles on the Wii U is that they have a tendency to lack the online community that Sony and Microsoft have, since not enough Wii U owners buy copies. That was the case with BO:II when the Wii U first launched. Most of the online game modes are worthless when there's no players in the lobbies. I doubt copies of CDAW will fly off the Wii U shelves for the single player action.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@FFCYAN said:

The problem with Call of Duty titles on the Wii U is that they have a tendency to lack the online community that Sony and Microsoft have, since not enough Wii U owners buy copies. That was the case with BO:II when the Wii U first launched. Most of the online game modes are worthless when there's no players in the lobbies. I doubt copies of CDAW will fly off the Wii U shelves for the single player action.

That's funny because I usually only play COD for the campaigns.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

As technology pushes forward and PS360 is left behind, I fear 3rd parties will leave Wii U behind as well due to technology limitations. It's already happening as PS360 gets more multiplats than Wii U, and the Wii U is capable of PS360 ports. It's the Xbone/PS4 ports that have me worried, I fear Wii U can't handle those. I checked and Batman Arkham Knight is a next gen title and it's not coming to Wii U.

COD:AW has a chance of a late port since it's coming to PS360 though, but that's really up to activision and they will make their determination by the last COD sales. Nintendo's online network needs some policy changes as well. I'm not a COD fan though, so I'm good with buying exclusives only on my Wii U as I did on Wii, Gamecube, and N64.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I don't think it will come to Wii U, like how Modern Warfare 2 didn't come to Wii. If CoD isn't on Wii/Wii U, I don't buy. I like those kinds of games with pointer controls.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Avatar_Taxidous

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Avatar_Taxidous: Sadly, when comparing this to the late release of the original Modern Warfare, it has to be mentioned that there were tens of millions of Wii consoles out in the wild and there's something like 4-6 million Wii U's, and many of those owners won't purchase COD.

You have a good point. I think it’s very possible for them to still make money by porting Advanced Warfare to Wii U. They have a developer with Wii and Wii U experience (Treyarch) and I doubt it would cost an extreme amount to get it running on the system. Black Ops 2 still did semi-respectable numbers on Wii U as far as I know, just not as well as the million-sellers that were CoD games on Wii. With Smash Bros. for Wii U around the corner it might have done boosted sales for AW on the system, but that’s pure speculation.