Bravely Default (RPG), who else wants one of the most amazing games in US 3DS ?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

It is rather sad that is already released in Japan and we have no word yet, the game got 9/9/10/10 in Famitsu and is received very well over there.

Would be nice if people supported the movement for bringing Bravely Default to US, i think this is one of the most important games right now

http://www.facebook.com/events/206720392796728/212619602206807/?notif_t=event_mall_comment

Also a petition for the game to come to US/Europe

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation-brave-square-enix-bring-bravely-default-flying-fairy-to-the-west

Hopefully we will see that game in US/Europe, it is so unique and reminds me of the former Square glory and FF9

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yes..

do want.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts
Signed the petition and joined the group. Really want this game!
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

ML0001725_new.png

*He's brave by default*

loosingENDS

Are you going to buy a 3DS just for one game?

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
I am definitely waiting on this. I'd be surprised (and mad) if it wasn't localized. Oh and Square-Enix trademarked "All the Bravest" recently. Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=192026 Signed the petition.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

ML0001725_new.png

*He's brave by default*

Epak_

I said mainly, but i do enjoy OOT 3D a huge lot and Layton games etc

But will probably sell it when i play them all and BD is not out, but if it comes i will keep 3DS as one of my top systems of all time

Kotaku wants the game US side :)

http://kotaku.com/5969398/hey-square-enix-where-the-hell-is-bravely-default/?post=55370700

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Epak_

[QUOTE="Epak_"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

ML0001725_new.png

*He's brave by default*

loosingENDS

But will probably sell it when i play them all and BD is not out, but if it comes i will keep 3DS as one of my top systems of all time

http://kotaku.com/5969398/hey-square-enix-where-the-hell-is-bravely-default/?post=55370700

You like OOT too, damn. I'm looking forward to BD, I'd really like to see Majora's Mask on the 3DS as well.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Epak_"]

Epak_

You like OOT too, damn. I'm looking forward to BD, I'd really like to see Majora's Mask on the 3DS as well.

OOT on 3ds is AMAZING, it has some new stuff, some new art too, making it a version not to miss by any Zelda fan, it also includes master quest which i have not played yet and is both 3D and portable now, which is huge too

I would love to see Zelda MM and WW on 3DS as well, but Bravely Default is a must too

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#9 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I have said this all before on this forum but I've been excited about this game since the day it was first announced. I was also super jealous of all the people I streetpassed in Tokyo who were playing it.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Oh LE, we really understand you want this game, can you please stop posting about it?

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 loosingENDS

Oh LE, we really understand you want this game, can you please stop posting about it?

ArchoNils2

You mean you dont want this game and dont want people to support bringing it to US/Europe for all to play ?

But i am sure some will want it

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6056 Posts
You really are excited about this game TC. I would love to have it localized but square doesn't want to bring the good games over here anymore.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

loosingENDS

You mean you dont want this game and dont want people to support bringing it to US/Europe for all to play ?

Sure, I'd like to have it, but your hype getss annoying. In SW on the thread about levels we like you said something like you love each area in this game, a game you haven't played at all ... it's hard to take you serious if you overhype so hard

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ArchoNils2

Sure, I'd like to have it, but your hype getss annoying. In SW on the thread about levels we like you said something like you love each area in this game, a game you haven't played at all ... it's hard to take you serious if you overhype so hard

TBH it is one of the rare games that i simply cant wait to visit each one of its areas, each looks absolutly amazing and unique with stunning art

Why do you think i am so exited about it in the first place ? The amazing variety, unique places and art are some of the major reasons i want this game so badly

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I agree with you LE. I'm very excited and impatiently awainting for a EU/US release. I can't understnad why they don't want to give us a good game like this.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts
Seriously is there anyone on the 3DS board who doesn't want the game cuz I haven't came across that user yet
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loosingENDS

Seriously is there anyone on the 3DS board who doesn't want the game cuz I haven't came across that user yetTriniPlayer

From the posts above, seems noone wants it

I started learning Japanese though, so will probably get a 3DS from Japan and BD at some point

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Man, I really want this game. One of my most anticipated titles for the 3DS.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 loosingENDS

Man, I really want this game. One of my most anticipated titles for the 3DS.

emirblade

Same here, the no news for US/Europe is really devastating

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

HEY!

You forgot PAL regions!

I'm in Europe >_>

cayne_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 cayne_phoenix
Member since 2002 • 2440 Posts
just signed it. not just crossing fingers for this to come true.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 loosingENDS

HEY!

You forgot PAL regions!

I'm in Europe >_>

GreekGameManiac

I dont, i am from Europe too :), i happen to live in America right now though because of my postdoc

Obviosuly i want it to come to every region, but US is the easiest to do because they only need an english translation

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Reallyreallyreallyreally want a PAL release of this.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 loosingENDS

Square Enix are asking fans what their most anticipated moment of 2013 is

- let's tell them we want Bravely Default!

http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231/29611637/LOOK_FORWARD_TO_IT!_Most_Anticipated_Moment_of_2013?pg=1

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

This and Fantasy Life are easily my two most anticipated games that may never see release outside of Japan.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

This and Fantasy Life are easily my two most anticipated games that may never see release outside of Japan.

mysticstryk
I can see Bravely Default easily coming to US/EU but I'm not as hopeful for Fantasy Life.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loosingENDS

mysticstryk

Isnt Fantasy Life more likely to come than Bravely Default ?

I mean similar games have already come, while BD is not a FF and since not even FF Type0 made it, is far more doubtfull than FL imo

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 loosingENDS

Some gameplay videos that show the stunning environments, mini map, the zoom out feature etc etc

Really cool stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HxI0eMAUylY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey_qX8mip9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJTxfRJVoGI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpCDGScBvHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RoamgMTS8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPnsd1J5o40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgcpkFB2Qjo

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 loosingENDS

Rich from IGN is trying to garner support for Bravely Default. Everyone, jump on your Twitter machines and give him a hand!

https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/293445955179655168

Hopefully this great game makes it to US/Europe at some point

Kaisfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kaisfate
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts
honestly i dont think it looks that great.... the battle system, from the vids, visually looks horrible. characters just stand in a row across from eachother and dont even hardly move when they attack....
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 loosingENDS

honestly i dont think it looks that great.... the battle system, from the vids, visually looks horrible. characters just stand in a row across from eachother and dont even hardly move when they attack....Kaisfate

I have yet to see a turn based system that looks spectacular in videos TBH, the combat is confirmed amazing by every single impression, hands on and actual gamers that played the game, so i will go with that :)

Kaisfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kaisfate

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"]honestly i dont think it looks that great.... the battle system, from the vids, visually looks horrible. characters just stand in a row across from eachother and dont even hardly move when they attack....loosingENDS

I have yet to see a turn based system that looks spectacular in videos TBH, the combat is confirmed amazing by every single impression, hands on and actual gamers that played the game, so i will go with that :)

yeah, and i will go by the video of combat, showing mobs and characters lined up in a row across from eachother, and when they attack, they just wave their arm in the air and the mobs across the way have a number float out of them.... they dont run over to them and hit them or anything. it looks visually horrible. the story may be amazing.... but the combat just looks ghetto as hell.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Moloch121
[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"]. but the combat just looks ghetto as hell.Kaisfate

Lol, ghetto sure. Bravely Default is an homage to old school jrpgs.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"]honestly i dont think it looks that great.... the battle system, from the vids, visually looks horrible. characters just stand in a row across from eachother and dont even hardly move when they attack....Kaisfate

yeah, and i will go by the video of combat, showing mobs and characters lined up in a row across from eachother, and when they attack, they just wave their arm in the air and the mobs across the way have a number float out of them.... they dont run over to them and hit them or anything. it looks visually horrible. the story may be amazing.... but the combat just looks ghetto as hell.

I am not sure what video you saw, but i see a lot of action in the below video, in fact it seems way more spectacular than anything FF has done after FF10

Watch the video at 1:53, the warriors clearly attack the dragon and trolls, i dont know what you are talking about TBH

Are you even talking about the same game ???

Also in a turn based game, the whole deal is the strategic combat, not if the hero moves close to the monster to perform an attack, looks rather fine to me

Look at the terrible FF13 combatk, it got old after 5 minutes and that is because they focused too much on the presentation/animations and not what matters

In short, Bravely Defaut combat looks amazing to me, the effects are there, it is clear and not confusing and very fun to play with by all hands on i have seen so far

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

I am not sure what video you saw, but i see a lot of action in the below video, in fact it seems way more spectacular than anything FF has done after FF10

Watch the video at 1:53, the warriors clearly attack the dragon and trolls, i dont know what you are talking about TBH

Also in a turn based game, the whole deal is the strategic combat, not if the hero moves close to the monster to perform an attack, looks rather fine to me

Look at the terrible FF13 combatk, it got old after 5 minutes and that is because they focused too much on the presentation/animations and not what matters

In short, Bravely Defaut combat looks amazing to me, the effects are there, it is clear and not confusing and very fun to play with by all hands on i have seen so far

i think wrpgs have raised the bar when it comes to combat and maybe it's not so easy to go back. *shrug*

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"] yeah, and i will go by the video of combat, showing mobs and characters lined up in a row across from eachother, and when they attack, they just wave their arm in the air and the mobs across the way have a number float out of them.... they dont run over to them and hit them or anything. it looks visually horrible. the story may be amazing.... but the combat just looks ghetto as hell.CaseyWegner

i think wrpgs have raised the bar when it comes to combat and maybe it's not so easy to go back. *shrug*

Dark Souls yes, but is different style and i still feel i am missing something without the JRPG old style

For example the turn based battles can be more strategic and some effects like summons are not recreated good in a real time combat for obviosu reasons

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Moloch121

Dark Souls is a jrpg.

CaseyWegner

And I would wrpgs have better writing and story while jrpgs have much better combat.

Kaisfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kaisfate

loosingENDS

how can you NOT see what im talking about. every single attack shown in that video shows the character standing still.... in one spot... waving its arms around and the mob that is like 30 yards away takes damage. they are swinging swords, not shooting guns. they dont run up to the mob to do the animation or anything....
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"] yeah, and i will go by the video of combat, showing mobs and characters lined up in a row across from eachother, and when they attack, they just wave their arm in the air and the mobs across the way have a number float out of them.... they dont run over to them and hit them or anything. it looks visually horrible. the story may be amazing.... but the combat just looks ghetto as hell.Kaisfate

how can you NOT see what im talking about. every single attack shown in that video shows the character standing still.... in one spot... waving its arms around and the mob that is like 30 yards away takes damage. they are swinging swords, not shooting guns. they dont run up to the mob to do the animation or anything....

I see that in some of the moves, in others i clearly see the hero going forward and attacking

See the attack on the dragon for example

Kaisfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kaisfate

loosingENDS

I see that in some of the moves, in others i clearly see the hero going forward and attacking

i guess i can understand if they are going for the retro feel of the old school FF games where the chars just waved their sword and the mob took damage..... but that was due to hardware limitations and with the power in the 3DS, that simply doesnt cut it.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"] how can you NOT see what im talking about. every single attack shown in that video shows the character standing still.... in one spot... waving its arms around and the mob that is like 30 yards away takes damage. they are swinging swords, not shooting guns. they dont run up to the mob to do the animation or anything....Kaisfate

i guess i can understand if they are going for the retro feel of the old school FF games where the chars just waved their sword and the mob took damage..... but that was due to hardware limitations and with the power in the 3DS, that simply doesnt cut it.

I think this is just the style of the game and personally i love it

Not all games have to be crap like FF13

Also they certainly have some moves where charatcers move close to the enemy and attack it ro rush on it

So, you get the best of both worlds

Watch the video at 1:53, the warriors clearly attack the dragon and trolls

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CaseyWegner

loosingENDS

Also they certainly have some moves where charatcers move close to the enemy and attack it ro rush on it

it rushes towards them with what looks like a special move or something but other than that they're still attacking from a distance.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Dark Souls yes, but is different style and i still feel i am missing something without the JRPG old style

For example the turn based battles can be more strategic and some effects like summons are not recreated good in a real time combat for obviosu reasons

dark souls isn't really a wrpg but, while you mention it, how did dark souls raise the bar as far as combat goes?

as for strategy, not all wrpgs have real time combat. dragon age 2 is a recent example.

Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Moloch121

dark souls isn't really a wrpg but, while you mention it, how did dark souls raise the bar as far as combat goes?

as for strategy, not all wrpgs have real time combat. dragon age 2 is a recent example.

CaseyWegner

The character creation and combat are the best in an arpg. I'll just let RPG Codex explain it better. You can read more here. "The standout feature of the character system is just how many options are viable. Aside from resistance, every stat has a viable place in a character build, and most combinations will have a weapon or spell available to support them. Whether it's a weapon that draws upon multiple stats or a new utility spell to be unlocked, most players will find incentives to explore different sets of builds. Furthermore, since any stat allocation will unlock dozens of different weapon types, there is always ample opportunity to switch to a different weapon and move-set even within a build Combat in Dark souls is swift and brutal. With most enemies able to defeat players in a matter of a few blows, good blocking and evasion becomes essential. Evasion drains stamina, blocking drains both stamina and (potentially) health, and since attacking drains stamina as well players must strike a good balance between attack and defense. At the same time, combat is also slow and deliberate."

Dragon Age 2 is real time with pause and eh I'll say it has terrible combat gameplay because how easy it is especially when compared ot Baldur's Gate.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"] i guess i can understand if they are going for the retro feel of the old school FF games where the chars just waved their sword and the mob took damage..... but that was due to hardware limitations and with the power in the 3DS, that simply doesnt cut it.CaseyWegner

it rushes towards them with what looks like a special move or something but other than that they're still attacking from a distance.

How is that from a distance when actually goes on the dragon ?

That makes no sense

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#46 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Are you going to buy a 3DS just for one game?Epak_
Lots of people buy a system to get 1 game, mainly then work into the library of games the system has. I got a 3DS for Ocarina of Time 3D, but I know I could look forward to a good lineup of games as the system matured.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="Epak_"]Are you going to buy a 3DS just for one game?Cloud_765

Lots of people buy a system to get 1 game, mainly then work into the library of games the system has. I got a 3DS for Ocarina of Time 3D, but I know I could look forward to a good lineup of games as the system matured.

WOW, the petition has skyrocketed to 1700+ signatures

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation-brave-square-enix-bring-bravely-default-flying-fairy-to-the-west#intro

Going well

Also i just ordered the official Bravely Default 480 pages !!!! guide book, full of art and stuff

Cant wait, if we never get the game, at least i will have something of it

otaku.com/products/35114

This is a link for anyone interested

Indeed, i mainly buy systems for a certain game and everything else is a welcome perk

I got 3DS for Bravely Default mainly :) and that is a problem now :)

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Well something that could end up relating to this. Nintendo has just announced that they are looking to try and get more Japanese games published in Europe and the US, even as far as to offer to publish the games themselves. With the hype surrounding this game, to me it seems like a great candidate for Nintendo's plan to bring more Japanese games to the western marketplace.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Epak_

[QUOTE="Epak_"]Are you going to buy a 3DS just for one game?Cloud_765

I don't have that kind of money, I need to be sure there are enough compelling games for me.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Kaisfate"] how can you NOT see what im talking about. every single attack shown in that video shows the character standing still.... in one spot... waving its arms around and the mob that is like 30 yards away takes damage. they are swinging swords, not shooting guns. they dont run up to the mob to do the animation or anything....Kaisfate

It cuts it for me, it is just the game's style and is rather fine

In some of the moves the hero goes ahead and fully attacks the monsters, so there is a mix of both and is fine by me