Big Budget RPG Coming to WiiU soon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by roboccs (6837 posts) -

http://playeressence.com/big-budget-fantasy-rpg-for-wii-u-might-be-revealed-soon/

Here's to hoping!

It says that there is a rumor that a newer company is developing a big budget RPG... Probably not the best choice for a startup to put a lot of eggs into our struggling console, but I would embrace it!

#2 Edited by nini200 (9320 posts) -

Not getting my hopes up until I see what it is.

#3 Edited by KBFloYd (12702 posts) -

nintendo doesnt need an rpg....it might be great...but what it needs is a shooter to appeal to europe and usa gamers....an exclusive one that can get as much hype as titanfall and battlefield...

they have a chance on the metroid IP...they just need to add multiplayer to it.

#4 Edited by kbaily (13042 posts) -

I thought Monolith Soft's "X" was the big budget RPG.

#5 Edited by roboccs (6837 posts) -

@nini200: Me either but the fact that this is even a slight possibility is better than nothing...there hasn't been crap for news in months.

#6 Posted by TTUalumni13 (438 posts) -

@kbaily: This is what I'm thinking

#7 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9376 posts) -

I think the event is just going to be Monolith Software actually showing a substantial amount of game play and revealing the game's name.

#8 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4600 posts) -

I think the event is just going to be Monolith Software actually showing a substantial amount of game play and revealing the game's name.

Hopefully this is true. It shall be a great day.

#9 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16384 posts) -

A nice RPG would make the Wii U more appealing to me.

#10 Posted by superbuuman (2491 posts) -

lol..not FF crystal chronicles crap..I hope. :p

#11 Posted by roboccs (6837 posts) -

@superbuuman: Oh I know! I remember when the Wii FFCC was announced at the 05 or 06 E3, I was so hyped! That game ended up looking ridiculous!

I think we're hitting the 1 yr anniversary of X being announced. Hopefully Nintendo will mark the occasion with some news ( and a 2014 release date would be nice too).

#12 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9376 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

Hopefully this is true. It shall be a great day.

Another big RPG would be nice as well too. I'm looking forward to this announcement either way.

#13 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16280 posts) -

Isn't X going to be the big RPG release?

#14 Posted by wiifan001 (18300 posts) -

How about Dragon Quest 10? You know, the one that's long overfreekindue?

#15 Posted by TTUalumni13 (438 posts) -

@wiifan001: Aww i finally managed to forget about that one, and now it's there again, I really hope it makes its way over :(