Best value game................ever maybe?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

Been a gamer a long time. But really started stretching games back on the Amiga 500 in the early 90's. Some standout games for hours played would be Monkey Island, Mario Kart snes, then moving on a few years San Andreas and nine play-throughs of Dead Space 2. Which leads me nicely to my point, I bought Tom Clncys Shadow Wars (3ds) for under a tenner. Its the first turn based RPG I've played since Space Crusade twenty quick years ago! So far I'm on 160 hours and thats the campaign finished on all three difficulties and just dipped a toe into the Skirmish modes.....what a fantastic game!

So, my question to you is, whats your best value game ever?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
That font... Best value? I'm not really sure. I bought my favorite game of all time for $20 (Shadow of the Colossus) and one of the best games this generation for $5 (Prince of Persia 2008). I got a lot of value though out of Sleeping Dogs, Halo 3, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, etc. So there's a lot.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Skyrim, even with all of its PS3 flaws.

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
Most value? I get a lot of time out of Pokemon games, but I didn't even bother to pick up black/white 2. Honestly I would have to say Guild Wars 2, I've already played it more than any other single game (400ish hours). Behind that would be Elder Scrolls games and a few other odds and ends.
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

If we're talking handheld games then I would go with FFTA and FFTA2. Due to restarting my save files numerous times to start fresh I would probably put my FFTA playtime around 400 hours (It was one of only a few games I had for the longest time) and FFTA2 at around 200-300 hours. Bought both at full price and don't regret a thing.

If we're talking overall I would probably say CS 1.6 and Diablo 2+LoD. I remember getting CS free with one of my many replacement purchases of HL (don't miss losing CD Keys anymore :lol: ) and Diablo 2 one Christmas long ago. Seeing as I got both technically "free" I've easily put a few thousand into CS 1.6 before I moved over to Source and Diablo 2 most likely is in the same ballpark. It isn't really a fair comparison though as I played those two games almost exclusively through High School everyday and all weekend with friends compared to now where I have more options and a greater income.

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

Disgaea.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Best value game ever? Gosh.

Maybe for me it was Gran Turismo on the Playstation 1. Actually, maybe it was Starcraft 1 on the PC.

It's great coming across a game which you can really thrash.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

On the DS I put over two hundred hours into Pokemon White. That is tremendous value for a forty dollar game. So far on the 3DS I have gotten the most value out of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy which I have put over fifty hours into.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Mostly the Pokemon games for ds.

I only have 5 badges right now on white 2 and I am around 60 hours in I think.

My brother played Monster Hunter for PSP so much. He was over 400 hours on in.

I think the game most worth it to me was Phantasy Star Online for GC. That game was so fun, one character of mine has over 200 hours and I have about 6 different characters all with at least over 30 hours.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Game with the best value? One of two... Super smash Brothers Melle/ Brawl (take your pic) or Dragon quest IX. The SSB games provide endless horus of fighting your buddies, and Dragon Quest provides literally limitless random dungeons, plus has a ton of quests and jobs to master and all that. But since this is the DS forum I'm gonna say DQIX. I could understand perfectly if someone told me they've put 400 horus into DQIX. Perfectly plausible.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Handheld:
Pokemon Black - 999h 99mins

Console:
Monster Hunter Tri - 2,290h 41 mins

Most of my playtime comes from Pokemon and Monster Hunter nowadays.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
The pokemon games.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#13 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

You are making me want to break out my Shadow Wars again. For me, it was basically free since I got it w/ some coupon I got for pre-ordering a 3DS so I suppose that qualifies as a great value. I was actually dissapointed when I first started playing since I sort of expected it to be a regular Ghost Recon game but it was a TBS--but it turned out to be an excellent TBS and is still the game I've played the most on my 3DS. If they do a sequel, I am definitely gonna buy day one--esp. if it has proper online multiplayer.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I got Samurai Warriors Chronicles on launch day. With the buy 2 get 1, it came out to about 25 bucks. To date I've got just over 200 hours in it. Chaos difficulty is really thumping me, though- Act 2, mission 1 is proving damn near impossible, and my main character is nearly level 90.
Yours-Is-Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yours-Is-Green
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
For any system ever it has to be Team Fortress 2 for PC...by far. I think I bought it when it was 5 or 10 bucks and have played for about 2100 hours. Kinda scary how much I've played it haha. For DS or 3DS it's probably a toss up between mario kart 7 (150 hours played) or Picross DS (i'd estimate a hundred hours at least for that one). Harvest moon ANB is catching up though!
Justinps2hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 Justinps2hero
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

You are making me want to break out my Shadow Wars again. For me, it was basically free since I got it w/ some coupon I got for pre-ordering a 3DS so I suppose that qualifies as a great value. I was actually dissapointed when I first started playing since I sort of expected it to be a regular Ghost Recon game but it was a TBS--but it turned out to be an excellent TBS and is still the game I've played the most on my 3DS. If they do a sequel, I am definitely gonna buy day one--esp. if it has proper online multiplayer.

logicalfrank
Same here, didn't like it the first time I played, then released it was me, not the game. Its brilliant, very under-rated.
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Same here, didn't like it the first time I played, then released it was me, not the game. Its brilliant, very under-rated.Justinps2hero

When I bought my 3DS back in July I saw Shadow Wars recommended often, but could never find it in stores. I finally bought it online and although I have only played it once for a few hours (huge PC+DS backlog...don't even get me started on all the 3DS games I'm buying and just stacking up :lol: ) I can tell I will really enjoy it once I can get to it and complete it.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Pokemon... I've played a ridiculous amount of it and it comes out to paying a few cents an hour, and that's counting Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Black (Japanese), Black, and White 2. :P

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I'd have to say half life on PC. With all the free mods like team fortress, counter strike, and natural selection. I had countless hours of gameplay for only the price of the original game.
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Age Of Empires/Rise Of Rome. I'm glad they didn't tell you how long you have spent in a game back then because I'd hate to know how many hours I clocked up over the years! Probably paid full price but it was still the best value game I've ever purchased.

Nintatterdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nintatterdemon
Member since 2010 • 69 Posts

Probably Super Smash Bros or Perfect Dark for me, they came along when I had plenty of time for gaming.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
For me that would be Conduit 2, with 200+ hours of play. The first game that I broke the 100-hour mark with was Advance Wars: Dual Strike.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

You missed a lot of SRPGs ... If you want SRPGs that last, try NIS games, especially the Disgaea series