best starter pokemon ever

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ZACK860 (4528 posts) -
who do u think the best starter ever was, sure  all the final evolutions look cool (except meganium) but which one is best, i think its torchic-blaziken
#2 Posted by LikesVideoGames (152 posts) -
cyndaquil-typhlosion FTW!
#3 Posted by Kakua_Omari (939 posts) -

as for starter sets: red and blue have the best set

as for a singular one, has to be cyndaquil or squirtle, chikorita charmander and bulbasaur were cool too, but the starters in ruby saphire sucked kinda imo. 

#4 Posted by ZACK860 (4528 posts) -
wat typhlosion wasnt that good and no offense blastoise is terrible
#5 Posted by Kakua_Omari (939 posts) -
Cyndaquil for one is the only starter fire type that stays a fire type all the way though, no fire/flying/fighting mix in there at all. and in red blue blastoise is in terms of power the best of the starters, with all the moves it learns. I've seen a blastoise take on a venasaur that was 10 levels higher than it and win. Blaziken is cool and all, but its weak not just to water, but ground,rock,psychic,and flying, compared to typhlosions water, rock and ground.
#6 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22432 posts) -

the starter in my avitar.

Chimchar FTW! 

#7 Posted by ZACK860 (4528 posts) -
Cyndaquil for one is the only starter fire type that stays a fire type all the way though, no fire/flying/fighting mix in there at all. and in red blue blastoise is in terms of power the best of the starters, with all the moves it learns. I've seen a blastoise take on a venasaur that was 10 levels higher than it and win. Blaziken is cool and all, but its weak not just to water, but ground,rock,psychic,and flying, compared to typhlosions water, rock and ground.Kakua_Omari
yea but blaziken is a k.o guy and hes not weak to rock cause he part fighting and his moveset is good and he has the highest attack and special attack out of all the other starters
#8 Posted by Kakua_Omari (939 posts) -
Yeah, but if he goes up against a rock ground type they still pack a high defense and a good amount of ground moves to boot like earthquake, from experience I've pitted fighting types agianst rock/ground types and been beaten senseless. He is the strongest starter in rub/sap but the starters in general in that game were kinda lacking to begin with.
#9 Posted by ZACK860 (4528 posts) -
no, highest attack and special attack within all the starters, its true just check serebii.net
#10 Posted by MavsFan2007 (1697 posts) -
torchic.
#11 Posted by Kakua_Omari (939 posts) -
Blazikens atk is higher than typhlosion's, but typhlosion has a higher defense and sp. def and speed, as for health and sp atk they're about the same. they only thing the torchic line has over it really is its atk, but cyndaquil line doesn't have as many weaknesses.
#12 Posted by Daytona_178 (14962 posts) -

Charmander

#13 Posted by murat8 (10336 posts) -
I think Charmander is the best because he can fly later on
#14 Posted by PSWii60_BOY (68 posts) -
id have to go wit Charmander, he was a beast
#15 Posted by Rangent (507 posts) -
#16 Posted by the_unnamed_son (17 posts) -
Charmander, of course, it becomes a charizard
#17 Posted by HappyInvader101 (3791 posts) -
Squirtle FTW
#18 Posted by 0nesian (15 posts) -

ive always like the first gen starting pokemon the best (charmander,squirtle,bulbasaur). But out of all the starting pokemon my favourite was the squirtle>blastoise evolution chain. Then charmander came in second followed by chimchar, bulbasaur or mudkip

#19 Posted by lunar_aeon (182 posts) -
I think the originals were the best, but Charmander was always my favorite
#20 Posted by especensor (3180 posts) -

my favourite set of starters would be the r/b/y generation. but specifically, my favourite is charmander! back on the old school r/b/y, there were hardly any fire types so charmander was just awesome.

but squirtle and turtwig(?, i dont follow the new games) also get special mention for both being turtles and turtles are my favourite animal so thats awesome.

#21 Posted by jmdude (2521 posts) -
Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken
#22 Posted by guidedtruth (587 posts) -
well for me i would have to go with squriltle my blastoise in my blue game was unbeatable
#23 Posted by Galadreil782 (3027 posts) -
Charmander .. BEST STARTED EVAAAA.
#24 Posted by EnterSandman (339 posts) -
I'm surprised no one has said Totodile yet, I thought he was pretty badass. I think I'd still have to go with Charmander though, with Totodile right behind.
#25 Posted by whitefirex (839 posts) -

Charmander

daytona_178

yeah he is the best and his last form owns ^^

#26 Posted by Archale (2129 posts) -

Either Cindaquill or Charmander.

Ive always digged fire pokemons, so I always chose the Fire starter XD

#27 Posted by StillB0RED (383 posts) -
I would say Squirtle or Charmander.
#28 Posted by KratosKratos (203 posts) -
I say Bulbasaur. Hes so cute.
#29 Posted by Minishdriveby (9785 posts) -

who do u think the best starter ever was, sure all the final evolutions look cool (except meganium) but which one is best, i think its torchic-blaziken
ZACK860

Probably Treecko or Turtwig. I liked meganium.

#30 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -

Blaziken.

The only starter I ever use in wifi battles.

#31 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -

Charmander is CLASSIC, but I really liked cyndaquill too

but Charmander, is charmander...really, all the starter pokemon from the original just make me happy

#32 Posted by Yuppitt (437 posts) -

R/B/Y - Squirtle

S/G - Chikorita

R/S - Mudkip

D/P - Chimchar.

#33 Posted by Airacomet (7047 posts) -
Squirtle - Blastoise.
#34 Posted by ta11on (784 posts) -

Easily Charmander. Charizard is the best pokemon, and Charmander is the way to start.

Off-Topic: Darkrai is awsome too, but I think he looks like a wierd anime character.

#35 Posted by Yo-gan (1878 posts) -
Charmander
#36 Posted by Jakendo (3841 posts) -
Im not sure if it is the best... but Totodile was always my favorite.
#37 Posted by kyle12271 (1934 posts) -
CYNDAQUIL IS THE BOMB! I think it is the best, especially in shiny form.-currently training one to level 100! Woo!
#38 Posted by Pierst179 (10750 posts) -

Charmander! It has always been my favorite Pokemon.

#39 Posted by Scorpio196 (87 posts) -

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Pikachu. I know he isn't an official starter but he is the first pokemon given to you in Yellow so that makes him a starter. And he's pikachu!

#40 Posted by Voltron12 (81 posts) -

Cyndaquil I like, my first starter...

#41 Posted by hkstyle (101 posts) -

charizard is my favorite pokemon so of course i'll go with charmander for a starter anytime!

#42 Posted by Waffle_Fish (2074 posts) -

Mudkips

but in all honestly, Squirtle

#43 Posted by 17771771 (444 posts) -

Feraligatr owns you and your bluhlayziekin

#44 Posted by tekky14 (212 posts) -

Squirtle or Charamander. First-gen pokemon are the best.

#45 Posted by yokofox33 (29407 posts) -

Torchic for sure just for the simple fact it eventually evolves into Blaziken, the second best Pokemon ever created.

#46 Posted by PrincessMorte (436 posts) -

My fave were the first pokemon, so I'll go with Charmander on this one.

#47 Posted by Snrm007 (268 posts) -
Cyndaquil or mudkip cant decide
#48 Posted by SuperfastSonic (12114 posts) -
Either Torchic or Chimchar. Grass-type pokemon kinda suck.
#49 Posted by Shiafiku (493 posts) -
Torchic cause blaziken rocks! so i herd you liek torchic? wait...that's not right
#50 Posted by Master-Thief-09 (2534 posts) -

Squirtle.