Best retro console for singleplayer + co-op/multiplayer: NES, SNES, or N64?

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By CaptainAhab13

Poll Best retro console for singleplayer + co-op/multiplayer: NES, SNES, or N64? (13 votes)

NES 8%
SNES 54%
N64 38%

I'm trying to decide on one of these three retro consoles to collect and play. I was curious for those who have experienced these -- which of these consoles has a superb mix of both singleplayer and multiplayer games? My girlfriend and I love to game together.

Thank you! :)

• 
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

NES and SNES for me.

N64 just didn't have the 3rd party support like those first two machines did. While it did have great games, it didn't have as many.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I voted SNES. You had tons of JRPGs, Action, platformers, shooters even multiplayer. It had to be done with a multitap but overall it is in contention for best overall library in gaming. Secret of Mana and Micro Machines are lots of fun.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

The N64 is considered retro?

You must be very young or I'm just very old.

lulz.... :(

Anyway, I'd say the SNES best fits what you're looking for, but beware, it's the most in-demand of the popular retro Ninty systems at the moment. I'm not sure what sort of budget or condition we're looking at here, but it's an important consideration nonetheless.

Personally, I think the NES has the better selection of games [so many classics] and is more desirable overall as a piece of history, but you want more multi-player games so...

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Single player and Co-Op? Had more fun with N64. Out of the 40+ SNES games I own, I think a very small number of games had Co-Op. As far as multiplayer goes, SNES has N64 beat. But if you want the compete overall experience, SNES is definitely the best console out of those three IMO....

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

n64

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4217 Posts

SNES for fighters, N64 for many other things.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

SNES for me. It got more use than my N64 during its life cycle. Games like Super Bomberman 2, Donkey Kong Country, ALttP, Super Mario World, and Rock N' Roll Racing ensured its continued use. The N64 certainly has its moments with Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooie, and Ocarina of Time, but my vote goes to SNES.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The Super Nintendo is the best console out of Nintendo's old school cartridge based machines. Single player and co-op games. This was Nintendo's heyday of videogames. With almost 800 games for the NTSC north America library. and just over 1000 for the combined PAL, Japan and North American library the SNES/Super Famicom. Is still Nintendo's best home console ever. co-op has never been better on this Nintendo console.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

When I started reading your poll on "Best retro console for singleplayer.." my cursor hovered over the SNES, then I read " + multiplayer", so I went with N64.