Best Pokemon game for the DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Firarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Firarian
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts

What is the best pokemon game to get for the DS and one that allows you to be able to play with your friends from anywhere?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Black/White.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Technically all of the DS Pokemon games (well Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White) have Wi-Fi so you should be able to play with your friends from anywhere with all of them. As far as which one of them is best... I'd say Black/White. It's also the most current generation.
Firarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Firarian
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts

Which one has the most pokemon?

XeroEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#5 XeroEX
Member since 2008 • 495 Posts

Firarian

I think it was Platinum or HG/SS that has the most Pokemon. You can't go wrong with either.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Firarian

Black and White has the most pokemon with a total of 649.
Diamond/Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold/SoulSilver are all 4th gen games with a total of 493.

Go with Black or White.

VKM7md

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 VKM7md
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Just get Black/White if you r more concerned with online gaming. Otherwise get SoulSilver/HeartGold. they have the best storyline out there and your old favourite pokemon
pantyraid2113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 pantyraid2113
Member since 2010 • 1976 Posts

B/W has a great online community where I logged many hours. SS/HG are great as well. D/P/Pt were fun, but the battles are extremely slow so these might be the ones to skip.

pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts

Black/White for a great new experience

HeartGold/SoulSilver if your nostalgia glasses are on

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

All of the kids are playing Black/White now so if you want to be able to connect with them you'll need to get the latest game.

I honestly think B.W are the best editions to the series we've had in decades. You won't regret getting any of the games listed besides Diamond and pearl. They're terrible.

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

I thought HG/SS was the best because you could use the touch screen for everything, and also instead of 8 Gyms there are 16. The original was my first Pokemon game so I GUESS I'm pretty biased though.

bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 bub166
Member since 2006 • 2607 Posts

A tough call. ALL of them are great, Diamond and Pearl are not bad games at all. They are, however, easily the weakest of the selection, and if you want a fourth generation game at all, you may as well get Platinum. Personally, second generation has always been my favorite, so that combined with 16 gyms and two different playthroughs of the Elite Four with leader rematches to boot makes me favor those.

But if you're new to Pokemon, just get Black or White. They are by far the best ones to get right now. They take advantage of the system in a lot of ways. So much so that I'm still confused as to why it wasn't just released on the 3DS, it seems much better suited for that, especially when it came out just a few weeks before the 3DS, which at the time was sorely lacking any good games. That must say something about its power. As others have said, this is most up to date, with 693 total possible Pokemon, though unless you intend on doing a lot of Wi-Fi trading, you won't get anywhere near that since you obviously haven't been playing for the past few generations. But that's not a bad thing, because there are TONS of wireless features that work really well.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

They take advantage of the system in a lot of ways. So much so that I'm still confused as to why it wasn't just released on the 3DS, it seems much better suited for that, especially when it came out just a few weeks before the 3DS, which at the time was sorely lacking any good games.

bub166

Black and White were released 5-6 months before the 3DS launch. The entire world besides Japan got it late. :P
I also wanted it for the 3DS. Oh well.
It seems like B/W were made with the 3DS in mind. Walking on Skyarrow Bridge would have looked great in 3D (depth and the bridge popping out) and the CGear is very similar to Streetpass.

y890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 y890
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

i choose platinum because i can catch dialga and palkia in the same game

and i can catch legendary pokemon from previous generation

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but if you have Black or White, you can collect all of the previous pokemon. However, you cannot transfer or gain the new pokemon from black or white to an older game, like Platinum or Heart Gold. IMO that could be an incentive for buying Black or White.
Fire_Emblem_RD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 Fire_Emblem_RD
Member since 2008 • 9611 Posts
I'd say HeartGold or SoulSilver, best story lines, can find stacks of pokemon (in black and white you have to transfer over most of the 493 that you can't find until after the elite 4), 2 regions, 16 gyms, stacks of legendaries and things to do.
NJGIANTSNY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NJGIANTSNY
Member since 2011 • 291 Posts

this needs a poll :/

can't really answer myself but i'll be pickng up one of these.

would like to see a poll thread made to get a better idea of what the GS masses think as a whole.

Paco8byu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Paco8byu
Member since 2010 • 522 Posts

You should have put a poll on this....but I think Soulsilver/Heartgold are the best ones.

xdeathpandax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 xdeathpandax
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

I prefer soulsilver over black and white, I loved the original silver so it was awesome to replay it all.. and have the pokewalker :D

Gamerboy006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gamerboy006
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

If you want a brand new experience and fantastic online connectivity, pick Pokemon Black/White.

If you want a story driven, fast-paced Pokemon game with an incredible amount of depth, choose Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver.

If you want an older, slower-paced game with many fun features, buy Pokemon Platinum.

And as for Diamond/Pearl... they're like a dumbed down and less exciting version of Platinum, but they're still good for a cheap price.

AzureDrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AzureDrive
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
I like all the Pokemon games, but Black/White since its the newest.
swaggplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 swaggplay
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Black/White Soul Silver Platinum
swaggplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 swaggplay
I like all the Pokemon games, but Black/White since its the newest.AzureDrive
I agree
swaggplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 swaggplay
[QUOTE="Aquat1cF1sh"]Technically all of the DS Pokemon games (well Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White) have Wi-Fi so you should be able to play with your friends from anywhere with all of them. As far as which one of them is best... I'd say Black/White. It's also the most current generation.

I think your right :)
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
HG/SS were the best DS games in my opinion. Black and White was too streamlined for me. I feel Gen V was rushed in order to get it done, so efforts could be put on the new system's Pokemon game.