Best Pokemon game for the DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Firarian (29 posts) -

What is the best pokemon game to get for the DS and one that allows you to be able to play with your friends from anywhere?

#2 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

Black/White.

#3 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10934 posts) -
Technically all of the DS Pokemon games (well Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White) have Wi-Fi so you should be able to play with your friends from anywhere with all of them. As far as which one of them is best... I'd say Black/White. It's also the most current generation.
#4 Posted by Firarian (29 posts) -

Which one has the most pokemon?

#5 Posted by XeroEX (495 posts) -

Firarian

I think it was Platinum or HG/SS that has the most Pokemon. You can't go wrong with either.

#6 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4877 posts) -

Firarian

Black and White has the most pokemon with a total of 649.
Diamond/Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold/SoulSilver are all 4th gen games with a total of 493.

Go with Black or White.

#7 Posted by VKM7md (16 posts) -
Just get Black/White if you r more concerned with online gaming. Otherwise get SoulSilver/HeartGold. they have the best storyline out there and your old favourite pokemon
#8 Posted by pantyraid2113 (1976 posts) -

B/W has a great online community where I logged many hours. SS/HG are great as well. D/P/Pt were fun, but the battles are extremely slow so these might be the ones to skip.

#9 Posted by pikaby (12720 posts) -

Black/White for a great new experience

HeartGold/SoulSilver if your nostalgia glasses are on

#10 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

All of the kids are playing Black/White now so if you want to be able to connect with them you'll need to get the latest game.

I honestly think B.W are the best editions to the series we've had in decades. You won't regret getting any of the games listed besides Diamond and pearl. They're terrible.

#11 Posted by TheBlackKnight3 (1586 posts) -

I thought HG/SS was the best because you could use the touch screen for everything, and also instead of 8 Gyms there are 16. The original was my first Pokemon game so I GUESS I'm pretty biased though.

#12 Posted by bub166 (2607 posts) -

A tough call. ALL of them are great, Diamond and Pearl are not bad games at all. They are, however, easily the weakest of the selection, and if you want a fourth generation game at all, you may as well get Platinum. Personally, second generation has always been my favorite, so that combined with 16 gyms and two different playthroughs of the Elite Four with leader rematches to boot makes me favor those.

But if you're new to Pokemon, just get Black or White. They are by far the best ones to get right now. They take advantage of the system in a lot of ways. So much so that I'm still confused as to why it wasn't just released on the 3DS, it seems much better suited for that, especially when it came out just a few weeks before the 3DS, which at the time was sorely lacking any good games. That must say something about its power. As others have said, this is most up to date, with 693 total possible Pokemon, though unless you intend on doing a lot of Wi-Fi trading, you won't get anywhere near that since you obviously haven't been playing for the past few generations. But that's not a bad thing, because there are TONS of wireless features that work really well.

#13 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4877 posts) -

They take advantage of the system in a lot of ways. So much so that I'm still confused as to why it wasn't just released on the 3DS, it seems much better suited for that, especially when it came out just a few weeks before the 3DS, which at the time was sorely lacking any good games.

bub166

Black and White were released 5-6 months before the 3DS launch. The entire world besides Japan got it late. :P
I also wanted it for the 3DS. Oh well.
It seems like B/W were made with the 3DS in mind. Walking on Skyarrow Bridge would have looked great in 3D (depth and the bridge popping out) and the CGear is very similar to Streetpass.

#14 Posted by y890 (47 posts) -

i choose platinum because i can catch dialga and palkia in the same game

and i can catch legendary pokemon from previous generation

#15 Posted by hydralisk86 (8624 posts) -
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but if you have Black or White, you can collect all of the previous pokemon. However, you cannot transfer or gain the new pokemon from black or white to an older game, like Platinum or Heart Gold. IMO that could be an incentive for buying Black or White.
#16 Posted by Fire_Emblem_RD (9611 posts) -
I'd say HeartGold or SoulSilver, best story lines, can find stacks of pokemon (in black and white you have to transfer over most of the 493 that you can't find until after the elite 4), 2 regions, 16 gyms, stacks of legendaries and things to do.
#17 Posted by NJGIANTSNY (291 posts) -

this needs a poll :/

can't really answer myself but i'll be pickng up one of these.

would like to see a poll thread made to get a better idea of what the GS masses think as a whole.

#18 Posted by Paco8byu (513 posts) -

You should have put a poll on this....but I think Soulsilver/Heartgold are the best ones.

#19 Posted by xdeathpandax (170 posts) -

I prefer soulsilver over black and white, I loved the original silver so it was awesome to replay it all.. and have the pokewalker :D

#20 Posted by Gamerboy006 (9 posts) -

If you want a brand new experience and fantastic online connectivity, pick Pokemon Black/White.

If you want a story driven, fast-paced Pokemon game with an incredible amount of depth, choose Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver.

If you want an older, slower-paced game with many fun features, buy Pokemon Platinum.

And as for Diamond/Pearl... they're like a dumbed down and less exciting version of Platinum, but they're still good for a cheap price.

#21 Posted by AzureDrive (56 posts) -
I like all the Pokemon games, but Black/White since its the newest.
#22 Posted by swaggplay (21 posts) -
Black/White Soul Silver Platinum
#23 Posted by swaggplay (21 posts) -
I like all the Pokemon games, but Black/White since its the newest.AzureDrive
I agree
#24 Posted by swaggplay (21 posts) -
[QUOTE="Aquat1cF1sh"]Technically all of the DS Pokemon games (well Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White) have Wi-Fi so you should be able to play with your friends from anywhere with all of them. As far as which one of them is best... I'd say Black/White. It's also the most current generation.

I think your right :)
#25 Posted by Minishdriveby (10383 posts) -
HG/SS were the best DS games in my opinion. Black and White was too streamlined for me. I feel Gen V was rushed in order to get it done, so efforts could be put on the new system's Pokemon game.