Best Buy Pro Controller sale (expired)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Best Buy's Deal of the Day is a Wii U Pro Controller for $24.99. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pro+Controller+for+Nintendo+Wii+U/5764068.p?id=1218692164371&skuId=5764068&st=wii%20u%20pro%20controller&cp=1&lp=3  It's white only but that's a pretty good deal for half off.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Considering the flaws in the controller and Walmart discounting it and now Best Buy doing this sale I think we'll see a new version soon

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
If only it's for the black Wii U Pro Controller as well, otherwise I would of jump for the deal too.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'm loving my black Pro Controller. I may consider getting this.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AlmightyDerek

Considering the flaws in the controller and Walmart discounting it and now Best Buy doing this sale I think we'll see a new version soon

Jaysonguy

What flaws?  Other than lack of motion it seems great to me.   I like my black one.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

AlmightyDerek

What flaws?  Other than lack of motion it seems great to me.   I like my black one.

Lacking a headset port

When the controller was released it didn't support most games, now support is coming and I thnk that Nintendo will see that it's hurt by not able to have voice chat while using it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
I may jump on this. I always though above $30 for a controller regardless the console is too much. $24.99 is the sweet spot. I have the White WiiU anyway so that will fit right in.

Also I kinda agree with Jaysonguy on an improved version may be coming. Once again, Nintendo dropped the ball on not having a headset jack in the controller nor having built in rumble.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

darn it's only for the american best buys. What about us Canadians?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Darn good price. I might jump on it even though I have the black system.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#10 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Lacking a headset port

When the controller was released it didn't support most games, now support is coming and I thnk that Nintendo will see that it's hurt by not able to have voice chat while using it.

Making bluetooth headsets compatible would be a good way to fix the issue. It'd be nice if Nintendo would include that functionality in the next big update. Fat chance, but it's a possibility.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

YearoftheSnake5

Lacking a headset port

Making bluetooth headsets compatible would be a good way to fix the issue. It'd be nice if Nintendo would include that functionality in the next big update. Fat chance, but it's a possibility.

Yeah I forgot about the headset port, although I'm not that concerned about it. That's right though. Allowing bluetooth headsets would solve this issue and they are relatively cheap. Nintendo just needs to add it in in a firmware update as the system uses bluetooth anyway.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I may jump on this. I always though above $30 for a controller regardless the console is too much. $24.99 is the sweet spot. I have the White WiiU anyway so that will fit right in.

Also I kinda agree with Jaysonguy on an improved version may be coming. Once again, Nintendo dropped the ball on not having a headset jack in the controller nor having built in rumble.nini200

It doesn't have a rumble feature!?

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#13 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Thanks TC, picked one up today because of this thread. There are drawbacks to this controller, but can't beat 50% off so I decided to just buy it. I'd rather play Smash Bros., etc. w/ a Pro controller rather than the GamePad. That's just me.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlmightyDerek

[QUOTE="nini200"]I may jump on this. I always though above $30 for a controller regardless the console is too much. $24.99 is the sweet spot. I have the White WiiU anyway so that will fit right in.

Also I kinda agree with Jaysonguy on an improved version may be coming. Once again, Nintendo dropped the ball on not having a headset jack in the controller nor having built in rumble.Rod90

It does have rumble. Not sure who said that. It doesn't have motion though which is kind of annoying. I can't play Mario U with it, as I'm too used to shaking the controller.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]I may jump on this. I always though above $30 for a controller regardless the console is too much. $24.99 is the sweet spot. I have the White WiiU anyway so that will fit right in.

Also I kinda agree with Jaysonguy on an improved version may be coming. Once again, Nintendo dropped the ball on not having a headset jack in the controller nor having built in rumble.AlmightyDerek

It does have rumble. Not sure who said that. It doesn't have motion though which is kind of annoying. I can't play Mario U with it, as I'm too used to shaking the controller.

My mistake. I was going off one of my friends words (I knew I shouldn't have believed him because he was wrong about another feature on WiiU). It does in fact have Rumble. You have to set it from the Home menu.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Aw. Bummer I missed this. Rayman Legends, Tropical Freeze and, of course, Smash Bros would all justify the purchase. All three of these games are better a.) without motion controls b.) with an analog stick and c.) without a nun-chuck set up I mean -- if you're playing single player I think the Gamepad itself is an excellent option, but when you start adding players the necessity for such a controller presents itself.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, I do hope they make a new controller with a headset jack. I remember buying my Wii U launch model and being very disappointed with some of the hardware decisions.

EDIT: Waste of time, this isn't on sale anymore. It was a sale of the day afterall, but I wish the OP would have edited his TOPIC TITLE to something like:

Best Buy Pro Controller Sale - ONE DAY ONLY

or

Best Buy Pro Controller Sale July 16th only

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AlmightyDerek

Thanks for the heads up, I do hope they make a new controller with a headset jack. I remember buying my Wii U launch model and being very disappointed with some of the hardware decisions.

EDIT: Waste of time, this isn't on sale anymore. It was a sale of the day afterall, but I wish the OP would have edited his TOPIC TITLE to something like:

or

SolidTy
Yeah I didn't think of that. I also wasn't expecting this to still be on the first page still. I edited the topic. I hope everyone who wanted one got one.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

or

AlmightyDerek

Yeah I didn't think of that. I also wasn't expecting this to still be on the first page still. I edited the topic. I hope everyone who wanted one got one.

Yeah, I hope they did too...I wanted one for that price. :( Thanks for the update for other would be users. :P