KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

smash bros 3DS, yokai watch 2, and destiny(yes destiny!) might of outsold it.

its going to debut in 4th or 5th place.

according to tatsuya charts....tatsuya isnt as accurate as media create. but its very very very close.

now.. smash bros sold 1 million last week....so if its still #1 then maybe it sold 500k this week.

destiny sold 100k last week. yokai watch sold less than 100k last week. so it means bayonetta 2 sold less than 100k in its debut. but remember bayonetta had the shortest time to chart. it was only out 1 day. but still.

http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/rank/game.html

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

It's too good of a game to be a million seller unfortunately, too niche. Well at least with U's install base. :(

That said I really hope it gets close eventually, it'll sell more than W101 anyway...

I'm just happy it's getting made.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm not that worried about it's Japanese sales, it wasn't going to sell there

The North American one I'm worried. Most of the original's game sales came during times the game's price was deeply cut. It wasn't "Buy Bayonetta it's great" it was "Buy Bayonetta, it's a 60 dollar game on sale for 15-20 right near release"

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Still, that's some stiff competition.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm getting it to see what the fuss was about part 1 and because part 2 actually looks really fun

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I hope that it sells well. Having said that though its pretty tough competition in Japan right now. Not only that was this kind of game really on Japan's radar?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KBFloYd

@bunchanumbers said:

I hope that it sells well. Having said that though its pretty tough competition in Japan right now. Not only that was this kind of game really on Japan's radar?

it was never hyped in japan...everytime they made a most wanted game list. bayonetta was never on it....hyrule warriors was in the top 10 most wanted a couple of times.

gabzjmm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8 gabzjmm23
Member since 2014 • 32 Posts

i think Bayonetta is not really the one genre for Japan. but the sales would be better in Europe and NOA>

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

By the way, where'd you get that disgusting pic?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Although I own a launch Wii U, I lost interest in Bayonetta 2 long ago when I found out the Bayonetta creator and one of my all time favorite developers wasn't directing the sequel. I only bought Bayonetta 1 on launch day for 360 way back because he directed it and I trust his games.

Still, I expect the sequel to be a good, solid 7-8/10 type game like Metal Gear Rising Platinum quality. Unless the game surprises my expectations, I'll pick it up during some sort of sale if I get around to it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KBFloYd

@Jaysonguy said:

By the way, where'd you get that disgusting pic?

google image search...i just wanted to post a B2 pic that hasnt been seen yet....

you want me to change it? lol...pick one and ill change the OP.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KBFloYd

@SolidTy said:

Although I own a launch Wii U, I lost interest in Bayonetta 2 long ago when I found out the Bayonetta creator and one of my all time favorite developers wasn't directing the sequel. I only bought Bayonetta 1 on launch day for 360 way back because he directed it and I trust his games.

Still, I expect the sequel to be a good, solid 7-8/10 type game like Metal Gear Rising Platinum quality. Unless the game surprises my expectations, I'll pick it up during some sort of sale if I get around to it.

yes we know kamiya isnt directing youve stated this hundreds of times....

it would be cool if bayo2 sells better than bayo1 than at least the xbox 360 version.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bunchanumbers

I'd be tickled pink (which would be hard since I'm tan naturally) if Bayo 2 cracks over a million. I plan on preordering it from amazon this week or next week. This is one of those definitely games for me.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

KBFloYd said:

@SolidTy said:

yes we know kamiya isnt directing youve stated this hundreds of times....

it would be cool if bayo2 sells better than bayo1 than at least the xbox 360 version.

If people make hundreds of the same type of threads, I'm going to have hundreds of the same type of answers...

As far as sales, I don't care what happens since I'm not into sales. I remember Bayonetta didn't sell that well. It would be nice if the game sold well or at least better than Bayonetta 1 360, but that's not really my interest. I'm into the games, not the sales of games.

I honestly don't think this game is going to sell good though, but I'm happy other people are getting another game to play.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

@nini200 said:

I'm getting it to see what the fuss was about part 1 and because part 2 actually looks really fun

Never played the first one on 360 or PS3? do you have either 360 or PS3?

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By idill23

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@idill23 said:

@nini200 said:

Never played the first one on 360 or PS3? do you have either 360 or PS3?

Nope never played them before. I do have a PS3

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 idill23

@nini200: You're in for a treat, don't blame you it ran like crap on PS3

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

according to tatsuya charts....tatsuya isnt as accurate as media create. but its very very very close.

now.. smash bros sold 1 million last week....so if its still #1 then maybe it sold 500k this week.

destiny sold 100k last week. yokai watch sold less than 100k last week. so it means bayonetta 2 sold less than 100k in its debut. but remember bayonetta had the shortest time to chart. it was only out 1 day. but still.

Thats sad.

Considering Bayonetta had its own Anime show and the fact that is a really nice game ( original was , i dont expect less from B2 ) its a shame . If i had a Wii U , B2 would have been an instant buy .

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KBFloYd

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

Thats sad.

Considering Bayonetta had its own Anime show and the fact that is a really nice game ( original was , i dont expect less from B2 ) its a shame . If i had a Wii U , B2 would have been an instant buy .

whats even sader is that youll never play it anyway so who cares...lol

glad you care enough to post though bro. thanks

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@AzatiS said:

@KBFloYd said:

Thats sad.

whats even sader is that youll never play it anyway so who cares...lol

glad you care enough to post though bro. thanks

For the record , most probably i will play it. I always play what i like console wise by renting or at friends/cousins places. :P . Thats what i did with every single Zelda game since N64 days . :P no problem , was my pleasure

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

the game released on a Saturday, last day of the week, I've a feeling the following week's sales are going to be much stronger, nowhere near Smash Bros strong but strong nonetheless

also, Bayonetta has a bit of a marketing challenge working against it

also, Bayonetta sold like 2 million on last gen systems with much wider userbase, the Wii U's userbase is a small fraction of the previous game's market, I'd be surprised if it broke 500K, I'd be baffled if it sold 1 million or more, I mean the game is no doubt going to be awesome it's just not going to sell well is all I'm saying

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

The game sold 67% of its stock in Japan on September 20th.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Before I begin with a deeper point, I would like to say that I find to actually be unfortunate news. Granted, the original Bayonetta wasn't the fondest experience I ever had; I actually found Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge to be a much more enjoyable game... and that was the weak point in that series. Still, Bayonetta had some qualities of its own.

HOWEVA, there is an important takeaway from this: Nintendo shouldn't chase after M-rated games. Now, before anyone goes nuts, that's not to say that Nintendo platforms shouldn't have M-rated games at all, but this whole idea that Nintendo should be throwing money at publishers to get M-rated titles for the sake of image is silly beyond belief. It's a dead-end strategy that serves no short or long term purpose, as a sufficient market for these games simply doesn't exist on Nintendo platforms of any sort, not just the Wii U.

Let's break this down... did the Capcom 5 and the M-rated games that Gamecube would sometimes/eventually get create a viable market for those games during the time and for the future? No...

Did the sudden emergence of "mature/hardcore" games, like Modern Warfare Reflex, Madworld, The Conduit, and the Resident Evil Chronicles series (albeit half-baked spin-offs...) give the Wii the perception so many in the industry thought Nintendo needed and establish an audience for those games? Nope...

Has getting games like Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Metal Gear Snake Eater 3D, and Resident Evil Revelations made Nintendo's portables more viable to M-rated titles and the like? Not exactly...

And lastly, have Call of Duty HD, Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham, Splinter Cell, Zombi U, Mass Effect 3, and now Bayonetta (just to name a few...) done the Wii U any major favors? Well... :(

If you don't learn from history... Now, I know a popular argument these days is that Nintendo needs "diversity" with its software lineup. The problem with that statement is that the word "diversity" doesn't mean what it should; those who say this just want what they consider to be "normalcy," which is anything but a diverse lineup of games. Diversity, real diversity, is what Nintendo had a few short years ago... and has now gotten scared out of doing again. No one's asking for Cooking Mama's, arcadey sports games, or entirely new ideas but rather the same games they can, and do, get elsewhere.

The problem here is that as long as Nintendo is one of three hardware makers in the industry and as long as its bread is buttered by Mario and Pokemon, the company is never going to be the go-to company for games like Bayonetta to fly off shelves. Heck, even if Nintendo was the only name in town, I don't think the idea works, but I'm more inclined to believe I could be wrong on that much. These aren't games that compliment Nintendo's key titles well or attract those that Nintendo's best-and-brightest typically attract. I'm not saying that Nintendo shouldn't be attracting third parties, either, but I'm still a huge believer that they have to be much more creative in doing so than money-hatting for M-rated titles that are going to sell six digits... at BEST.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bunchanumbers

pretty much puts sales numbers in perspective.

Platinum always sells to the west. They could just as well as be a western developer developing for the west. this is standard anti nintendo hype. It outsold most of the ps4s launch games but people still scream flop. Not one word about all the Sony games that bombed in Japan.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

That's confounding. I'm sure, knowing Nintendo, the game's being marketed like crazy. I'm truly bewildered.

Eh, who needs marketing anyway?

NeoJ4K3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 NeoJ4K3
Member since 2005 • 282 Posts

It didnt flop at all it sold quite well, better than first (taking into accou t almost 40k in 2 days on 1 co nsole) and can only go up. Western release looks promising and is a must own for anyone with a wii u. Bayonetta 1 was so good I am glad it got this fantastic looking sequel buy it! I know I will

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KBFloYd

@NeoJ4K3 said:

It didnt flop at all it sold quite well, better than first (taking into accou t almost 40k in 2 days on 1 co nsole) and can only go up. Western release looks promising and is a must own for anyone with a wii u. Bayonetta 1 was so good I am glad it got this fantastic looking sequel buy it! I know I will

well europe limited edition sold out in hours...

too bad nobody else got a limited edition.