Bayonetta 2 is out now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azizaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 azizaam
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts

So now that Bayonetta 2 is out, i was wondering is anyone wants to play the online co-op with me? :)

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

^What's your Nintendo network ID I'll look ya up on Miiverse.

I just got home with it :D

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I got mine at Target and they said they only received 2 copies. Not sure what's up with that or if I believe it but I got one and a Target employee called while checking out and they asked to hold the 2nd copy for them. Could be some shortages going on!

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

I'm stuck at work just looking at the clock, waiting for the hour hand to reach five. Pray for me, brothers.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By elheber

Sold out at my two closest Gamestops and my local Target. They apologized if I was one of the pre-order buyers because they didn't have enough stock to fulfill pre-orders. I told them that's bullcrap and they shouldn't take pre-orders they can't fulfill. I didn't get a pre-order, though; I don't believe in them. Doesn't really matter to me because I was going to buy it digitally anyway like the rest of my games, but my gift copies will have to wait.

I'm home now. Heading to the eShop.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@elheber It's not necessarily the fault of the retailers. Sometimes the publishers oversell the game. Say, you print 1 million copies and your stores order 1.1 million. The publisher shouldn't have let those 100k extra orders be made.

Anyway, I picked it up today, but I'm trying to get The Evil Within finished before I start a new game. Hell, I still am only on the fourth level of Hyrule Warriors.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7  Edited By quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Add me on Miiverse and I will play Bayonetta 2 online with y'all when I am finished my run through of the first game! So far loving the first game on the Wii U, definitely runs better than the 360 version. My NNID is Coditherus.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I'm so hyped for this game but I'm currently struggling in school now...so I'm afraid this might have to wait until things ease up. :(

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

My copy is in the mail. Sadly I underestimated the shipping speed of my order. So I'm stuck waiting until wednesday.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By elheber

While my game was downloading I went to Toys R Us for some birthday shopping and they had like half a shipping box of the game. They didn't even bother to put it on display.

When I got home, the Wii U was in use for Netflix. "Just use the smart TV in the living room." "I'm already rolled up like a burrito and the movie is almost done." I'm gonna take a shower and hopefully finally play FFS.

I'd be more than happy to exchange NNIDs to play Co-OP, but I'm set on beating Bayo1 first.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bunchanumbers

@elheber said:

While my game was downloading I went to Toys R Us for some birthday shopping and they had like half a shipping box of the game. They didn't even bother to put it on display.

When I got home, the Wii U was in use for Netflix. "Just use the smart TV in the living room." "I'm already rolled up like a burrito and the movie is almost done." I'm gonna take a shower and hopefully finally play FFS.

I'd be more than happy to exchange NNIDs to play Co-OP, but I'm set on beating Bayo1 first.

It looks like Toys R Us is the last bastion off solid Wii U support. I couldn't find much looking locally. I'd have to drive for over an hour to find a shop that sells Wii U games and stuff on a consistent basis. Sadly that is a GameStop.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

It's pure gold. :)

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elheber

The demo gave me a hint of fear that Bayonetta could be button mashy. I spent a few hours playing the first, and holy cheese it is not. So much nuance (holding and attack before a dodge to be able to continue the combo? Genius), and I'm still only a little in. I want to get godly.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19569 Posts

I picked up the last copy from my store. I don't know how many copies they ordered in, but there was an empty row at the top of the WiiU shelves.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
Loading Video...

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

No stores around me had the game :(

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bunchanumbers

@KBFloYd said:
Loading Video...

Nintendo world in New York always gets the cool stuff. Couldn't get the limited edition Hyrule Warrior set anywhere else either. Typical East Coast bias.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I got my copy yesterday. I'm just now playing Bayonetta 1 for the first time, so I'm pretty sure that my skills would suck too much for online play at this point. Awesome game so far.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

You guys gonna play through B1 first? I'm not sure which to play first. The shiny new game B2, or play through the original before B2 for chronological purposes.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KBFloYd

@trugs26 said:

You guys gonna play through B1 first? I'm not sure which to play first. The shiny new game B2, or play through the original before B2 for chronological purposes.

have you played bayo1 before? if you did then go to 2 imo...

i never played them so im def starting with bayo1...ill just have to ignore all the bayo2 videos until i finish the first.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

ill just have to ignore all the bayo2 videos until i finish the first.

No you don't. ;)

You definitely don't need to worry about spoilers. The story itself is nothing special. I continue to read the journal entries even though there has been absolutely nothing of value in them so far. They're written with personality, at least, but they're not entertaining or interesting enough to bother with, as is most of the rest of the plot.

I really do like Bayonetta's character, though. She's complex and charismatic enough to pull me through the cutscenes. The settings are also great, increasingly so as the game goes on. The first was the same, if I remember right.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@trugs26 said:

have you played bayo1 before? if you did then go to 2 imo...

i never played them so im def starting with bayo1...ill just have to ignore all the bayo2 videos until i finish the first.

Nope I haven't played it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KBFloYd

here is some opinions on the online mode

Loading Video...

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I bough it last week and I'm loving it. Question. Do you all play on your TV or with the Wii U game pad screen?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@Solid_Link22: depends. If I am in living room I play on TV. If I am lazy and in bed I use gamepad.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

The retailer I went to (an EB games in Nova Scotia, Canada) had a good number of copies on display of it and more under their counter. Looked to me like they got a good supply of the game. I would've liked to go to the Nintendo World Store launch event; looks pretty fun. I've almost beaten the first one, I'm pumped to jump into number 2. I would like to see the environments in Bayonetta 2 be a bit more destructible than in the original.

@Solid_Link22 I've mostly used the gamepad screen for playing, because I haven't had my Wii U set up on my TV just lately. I'm quite pleased with the off-tv play.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 elheber

Pre-loading is coming to the Wii U, and if you followed my troubles in this thread you'll know it would have been a huge help for me on Bayonetta. Better late than never.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@Solid_Link22 said:

I bough it last week and I'm loving it. Question. Do you all play on your TV or with the Wii U game pad screen?

on TV ...gamepad screen too small..Only time play on gamepad screen is when Im in toilet. :P

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bunchanumbers

@superbuuman said:

@Solid_Link22 said:

on TV ...gamepad screen too small..Only time play on gamepad screen is when Im in toilet. :P

The thought crossed my mind but I just couldn't do it. The game is awesome. I'm starting on Bayo 1 then working towawrds Bayo 2. Its so fantastic that this game is on the Wii U. Nintendo is a genius for bringing this to us. And I'm eternally grateful.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#30 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Got it yesterday. It's amazing so far. I should have preordered it from amazon like I did Hyrule Warriors. Finding time to get to the store has been problematic lately.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

This game is oversexualized, and the dialogue is horrendous. How is this a perfect video game? The combat is cool, sure. But this game is really dumb. Why are clothes falling off? Slow-motion butt-bouncing? Seriously? This is a joke.