This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Potato_Monster (475 posts) -
I dont know if its true but i was just looking at screens for this game on google and found this http://www.boostmy.com/raremusic/aRXpics/Banjo_Kazooie_DS_Roundtable.jpg
#2 Posted by etbny22 (1697 posts) -
rare owns banjo-kazooie so it wont be able to happen, but it is coming to the 360.
#3 Posted by hammer_of_thor_ (2260 posts) -
rare owns banjo-kazooie so it wont be able to happen, but it is coming to the 360.etbny22
It could happen, since Microsoft doesn't have a handheld system, therefore nothing to compete against. So as long as Microsoft allows Rare to develop it, it could happen, it just isn't very likely.
#4 Posted by xsuperskye (5 posts) -
doesnt rare own diddykong racing too? that game came to the ds (and it is awesum by the way) so why wouldnt banjo kazooie come? OMG i would be so excited for that to come that was mny favorite nintendo 64 game..... oo and i wish ocarina of time would too
#5 Posted by leafs_ducks (2696 posts) -
does it matter? i odn't really care about that game anyways. lolz.
#6 Posted by etbny22 (1697 posts) -
doesnt rare own diddykong racing too? that game came to the ds (and it is awesum by the way) so why wouldnt banjo kazooie come? OMG i would be so excited for that to come that was mny favorite nintendo 64 game..... oo and i wish ocarina of time would too xsuperskye
rare does not own diddy kong racing because diddy kong is property of nintendo, the characters that rare owns were taking out of diddy kong racing ds.
#7 Posted by ThisisMurderous (1599 posts) -
I think it's fake.
#8 Posted by m1k3m (1758 posts) -
Actually I think Diddy Kong Racing is partially owned by Nintendo and partially owned by Rare. As you can see on the boxart Rare's logo is on it. The only caharacters taken out were ones that Microsoft owns completely and other than that Microsoft let Rare remake the game for DS since they don't have a handheld out in the market.
#9 Posted by thisguy51 (5319 posts) -
they had a banjo on the gameboy didn't they? so why can't there be one on the ds?
#11 Posted by Brainhunter (2201 posts) -
they had a banjo on the gameboy didn't they? so why can't there be one on the ds?thisguy51
Because Rare switched over from Nintendo to Microsoft. All their creations belong to them alone, so if they decide to switch companies, then they bring their characters along with them. This is why it seems a bit questionable to have Banjoe-Kazooie on the DS. Back then, Banjoe was still under Nintendo contract, thus his appearance on the GameBoy. But now that it's microsoft based... What the heck was Rare thinking? o.O
#12 Posted by WllDan7 (2544 posts) -

Rare said they were making a few games for ds in a article of egm. So this is banjo-kazooie could come to ds. And while microsoft owns it released diddy kong racing ds and a gba banjo-kazooie. So for any one who has doubts about the game go other game websites or wait to see when it is released.

#13 Posted by Ubiseewaba (128 posts) -
I wouldn't see why Rare wouldn't want to make it. There was alot of fans of it and they'd probably make bigger payloads than if they had it on the 360 because most people who ever owned a N64 owns a Gamecube, GBA or a DS because they like Nintendo products, and why would someone who owns a DS want to spend a couple hundred bucks just to own a game that could of been on the DS?
#14 Posted by TyTazzyTiger64 (7 posts) -

Rareware used to be owned by Nintendo but Microsoft bought it. Rare's still allowed to make DS games though, so it's a definite possibility. But I really don't give a sh*t because I hate ports. People should get it on N64.

#15 Posted by diped (2005 posts) -
Viva pinata came to the ds, that is made by rare. Banjo kazooie there is still a posibility, but as it is coming to XBL I don't think it will happen anytime soon.
#16 Posted by Zeromus1337 (15945 posts) -

they had a banjo on the gameboy didn't they? so why can't there be one on the ds?thisguy51

Because the GBA one was terrible in comparison to the N64 ones.

#17 Posted by SUPER_FLY_ (2653 posts) -
i hate banjo kazooie anyways!
#18 Posted by dth_dlr (7517 posts) -
its fake, Microsoft would never allow it to happen, which is a shame
#19 Posted by Scsrhino (232 posts) -

Great, another "what if" thread.

Go here: The Official "What if they made ___ for the DS?" Thread