At this point in time, if you didn't/don't have a Wii U, would you buy the Mario Kart 8 bundle?

Posted by PikachuDude860 (251 posts) 2 months, 15 days ago

Poll: At this point in time, if you didn't/don't have a Wii U, would you buy the Mario Kart 8 bundle? (17 votes)

Yes 53%
No 35%
I'd rather get a Smash Bros. Bundle. 12%

Be honest. No trolling. Maybe we can get an idea of how it will sell.

#1 Edited by bunchanumbers (198 posts) -

As far as value goes its upper tier. You get the bundle for 320 and included with the system you get MK8, a free game, a Wiimote plus, and a racing wheel. It would be pretty tough to find the same value elsewhere.

#2 Posted by PikachuDude860 (251 posts) -

@bunchanumbers: Agreed. When you add it up, UN-bundled, it comes to about $480 or so. This is a REALLY good deal.

#3 Posted by Jaysonguy (37411 posts) -

It's an awful deal

You have a dead console with a game that's about 50 bucks plus a useless Wiimote and wheel.

It's way too much for it's asking price.

#4 Edited by KBFloYd (12767 posts) -
#5 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4605 posts) -

As a poor college student, I decided to get the Wind Waker bundle next week and buy MK8 separately than buying the MK8 bundle with Wind Waker separately. I don't need an additional Wii remote, I really like the Zelda design on the gamepad, and I have the chance of getting the MK8 limited edition Blue Shell figurine. :P

#6 Edited by trugs26 (5118 posts) -

If I didn't have one, I'd definitely get this bundle. Then again, I would have said the same thing for the WW or NSMB U bundle lol.

Personally, I feel that this is the best bundle (although the limited edition gold print on the WW bundle gamepad is tough to beat...)

#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5474 posts) -

As far as value goes its upper tier. You get the bundle for 320 and included with the system you get MK8, a free game, a Wiimote plus, and a racing wheel. It would be pretty tough to find the same value elsewhere.

Here in Aus, we don't get the Wiimote & wheel in the bundle... only the game. So it isn't that great of a deal for us. If we did, I'd seriously consider getting it.

#8 Posted by PikachuDude860 (251 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: Why does everyone think that the Wii U is dead? It's big games have not even come out. It's only been out for a little over a year. Just wait until ALL of it's games come out.

#9 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

I voted for the Smash Bros. Bundle.

#10 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4570 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: Every time I come back to GameSpot I see you trolling away, poking users with your flamebait posts that are well designed, I'll give you that since everything you say seems intentional to get people riled up.

Also, you have a Wii U so why are you even posting in this thread? Oh, you just want to watch the world burn? Gotcha.

#11 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1743 posts) -

Nope. Mario Kart DS was the last good Mario Kart. Gimme that Smash bundle.

#12 Posted by tocool340 (20417 posts) -

Nope. I'll wait for the inevitable Smash Bros. bundle to decide if I want to buy a Wii U or not...

#13 Posted by thehig1 (851 posts) -

No, Mario Kart can be fun in short intervals with people, I find it boring to play alone, and alone is how I do the bulk of my gaming. The new Zelda, a new Metroid and seeing what they do Pokemon would tempt me to buy a Wii U. A new Starfox would be nice too.

Right now its just the price is too steep just to play Donkey Kong or Mario.

#14 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

No. I bought my wiiu for wind waker and a nostalgia machine (super metroid and LTTP oh my ) without having to rely on decades old equipment that looks like crap on my TV and can be a hassle to get working.