Are any 3DS models made in Japan?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -
Actually manufactured in Japan, not china.
#2 Posted by superbuuman (2893 posts) -

Why?

#3 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -

Why?

superbuuman
always felt like products made in japan are of higher quality.
#4 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Uh, well the 3DS is designed in Japan :P

#5 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -

Uh, well the 3DS is designed in Japan :P

Gamingclone
YES BUT WHERE ARE THEY ASSEMBLED?
#6 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -
The bottom of my 3DS says 'Made in China'. And really what else is it going to say?
#7 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -
The bottom of my 3DS says 'Made in China'. And really what else is it going to say?Twisted14
I KNOW SOME PS3S WERE MADE IN JAPAN.
#8 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -
[QUOTE="Twisted14"]The bottom of my 3DS says 'Made in China'. And really what else is it going to say?needweed
I KNOW SOME PS3S WERE MADE IN JAPAN.

WELL MAYBE SOME 3DS CONSOLES ARE MADE IN JAPAN, JUST SAYING MINE WAS MADE IN CHINA. BUT THEN ALSO I'M IN AUSTRALIA AND MAYBE WE GET DIFFERENT MODELS, THOUGH I DOUBT IT. EVEN STILL PS3S ARE MADE BY SONY AND THEY WOULD HAVE A DIFFERENT BUSINESS MODEL THAN NINTENDO AND THEREFORE THEY MIGHT NOT DO THE SAME THING BUT WHO KNOWS?
#9 Posted by Hrothgarfunkel (248 posts) -

They are made in China, because that is where they make things.

#10 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -
You check anything, and it has, 'Made in China' written on it. :D
#11 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -
You check anything, and it has, 'Made in China' written on it. :DSpinnerweb
Japanese made ps3s cost 3x more than china made ones.
#12 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -
I'm pretty sure they use the same parts.
#13 Posted by Jaysonguy (37683 posts) -

[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]You check anything, and it has, 'Made in China' written on it. :Dneedweed

Nope, that never happened

#14 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]You check anything, and it has, 'Made in China' written on it. :Dneedweed

They will use the same parts so that is untrue.
#16 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -
[QUOTE="needweed"][QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]You check anything, and it has, 'Made in China' written on it. :DOhJayDubya

Um it IS true. I was in the market for a fat ps3 and i found a few stores in nyc that have them. They were asking $700-$1200 just because they were made in japan.
#17 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
well i have a 3ds's that are the monster hunter bundle and it says made in china, assembled in japan its for sale if your interested imported and brand new in box nick59232
I love how they need to put on the box that some Japanese dude took the 3DS and game and put them in a bigger box.
#18 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="needweed"] Japanese made ps3s cost 3x more than china made ones.needweed

Um it IS true. I was in the market for a fat ps3 and i found a few stores in nyc that have them. They were asking $700-$1200 just because they were made in japan.

Did your parents ever teach you not to lie / not be extremely gullible?

#19 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -
[QUOTE="needweed"][QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="needweed"] Japanese made ps3s cost 3x more than china made ones.

Then they were trying to rip you off, the country its assembled in makes no difference to the overall. The parts that go into a console are the same no matter what country.
#20 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -
[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="needweed"][QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] They will use the same parts so that is untrue.

Then they were trying to rip you off, the country its assembled in makes no difference to the overall. The parts that go into a console are the same no matter what country.

It does to me, maybe your too young to know that made in japan is higher quality than made in china
#21 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

I was in the market for a fat ps3 and i found a few stores in NYC that have them. They were asking $700-$1200 just because they were made in japan.needweed
Stores, especially electronic stores, in New York City are notorious because many will try to cheat you.

#22 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -

[QUOTE="needweed"][QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] They will use the same parts so that is untrue.Defy_The_Fallen

Im not a 5 year old liar like you
#23 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="needweed"] Um it IS true. I was in the market for a fat ps3 and i found a few stores in nyc that have them. They were asking $700-$1200 just because they were made in japan.needweed

It does to me, maybe your too young to know that made in japan is higher quality than made in china

Your too ignorant to understand not everyone in this world is genuine, he was trying to scam gullible people like you. The parts are exactly the same, you can't have two different ps3 consoles with different parts, that would go against consumer rights and therefore we'd be allowed to sue every china made console because it's 'not as good'.

You signed up to gamespot a few days ago and have barely any posts, your clearly here to troll or you really are just a waste of space.

#24 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="Defy_The_Fallen"]

[QUOTE="needweed"] Um it IS true. I was in the market for a fat ps3 and i found a few stores in nyc that have them. They were asking $700-$1200 just because they were made in japan.needweed

Im not a 5 year old liar like you

Let's look at the facts here. I'm 16, use grammar properly and am able to understand why two ps3 consoles can't differ from each other, it's not even legal. NYC is known for the amount of people that will try to flog you fake wares or tell you they're better.

Just like james when he bought his $100 Magikarp. Just saying.

#26 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
There are a small number of PS3s that were manufactured in Japan (mostly launch 20GB/60GB units) presumably units intended for Japan that were shipped over here instead to help meet the demand at launch, plus a later march 07 shipment as seen here: 2244750593_a518b307c9_o.jpg But being made in Japan is pretty much meaningless given that exactly the same parts go into it, most of which are made in China or Taiwan. So paying more for a used Japan model means you're basically just getting ripped off. I guess some people don't mind paying extra for a false sense of security.
#27 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
this thread is funny.
#28 Posted by superbuuman (2893 posts) -

Depends on your luck, bought a 34cm Palsonic made in China tv in the 90s, heavy usage - NES, SNES, movies - videotapes :P ..still working today never broke down, that's around 20+ years now. We always thought it'd blow up on the hot summer we get in Australia. :P

Nowadays there's standard they have to adhere to ...& the motto have change...make cheap, if it broke & out of warranty, cheaper to buy a new one then repair.

#29 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -
The only reason I can understand a 'fat' PS3 going for a higher price is because it's the original model that still has the backwards compatibility. Not because it's made in a different country.
#30 Posted by Heirren (17321 posts) -
This will answer any and all questions .
#31 Posted by needweed (358 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heirren"]This will answer any and all questions .

Lol wtf?? Anyway watching that on my iphone shows that it will looks great on a 3ds if they ever release it.
#32 Posted by Defy_The_Fallen (621 posts) -

[QUOTE="needweed"] Im not a 5 year old liar like youneedweed

Let's look at the facts here. I'm 16, use grammar properly and am able to understand why two ps3 consoles can't differ from each other, it's not even legal. NYC is known for the amount of people that will try to flog you fake wares or tell you they're better.

wow 16!!!! LOL. your a child. made in japan ps3's are more expensive thats a fact. yes they have the same parts but I feel they are made with higher craftsmanship. your just a little boy who doesnt know anything about life.

Believe what you want then. You'll be the one wasting your money on a 'japanese' PS3. If you are so content to argue that they're so much better why did you even make this thread?

Facepalm_ID_by_urkel8534.jpg

#33 Posted by KnightSkull (1701 posts) -

[QUOTE="needweed"] Im not a 5 year old liar like youneedweed

wow 16!!!! LOL. your a child. made in japan ps3's are more expensive thats a fact. yes they have the same parts but I feel they are made with higher craftsmanship. your just a little boy who doesnt know anything about life.

You're a moron if you really think a PS3 (or any other system for that matter) that is made in Japan are more expensive than one made in places like China. He might be 16 but he sounds alot older than you do.

#34 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

Edit: Deleted the old text :P Missed the time frame :P Ask anyone :P No, that's not it... this thread is a blast is what! :P

But to remember that far-away topic... my own 3DS was 'assembled' in Saudi Arabia.