Anyway to fix a wiimote with a loose A button?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AcousticDoc (419 posts) -
I have three wiimotes but one of them has an A button that feels very loose. When pushing it down it's like there is no small force pushing back. So button mashing the A button can feel a little bit annoying. Is their anyway to make the A button more responsive?
#2 Posted by RMANPOWER (2734 posts) -
Send it to nintendo and tell them you have a problem with your Wii Remote, I'm sure they will give you another one.
#3 Posted by aransom (7408 posts) -
I haven't opened up any of my Wii controllers, but other controllers I've opened have little springs under the buttons.  You might be able to bend the spring a little to get it to respond better.
#4 Posted by kieranb2000 (7591 posts) -
Mine is the opposite, my A button keeps sticking down >_>
#5 Posted by aransom (7408 posts) -

Mine is the opposite, my A button keeps sticking down >_>kieranb2000

Don't drink pop while playing Wii.

#6 Posted by kieranb2000 (7591 posts) -

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"]Mine is the opposite, my A button keeps sticking down >_>aransom

Hahaha, it's actually because I keep pushing the button from the bottom and it slides slightly upwards and gets stuck.
#7 Posted by aransom (7408 posts) -
[QUOTE="aransom"]

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"]Mine is the opposite, my A button keeps sticking down >_>kieranb2000

Hahaha, it's actually because I keep pushing the button from the bottom and it slides slightly upwards and gets stuck.

Discovering the source of a problem is the first step towards fixing it.  Now you have to retrain your thumb to push on the A button correctly before you ruin any more remotes.

#8 Posted by mrphilip11 (1323 posts) -
I have the exact same problem with the b button.
#9 Posted by Jaysonguy (37502 posts) -
Contact Nintendo and have them send you a new one.
They don't have a year and three month warranty for nothing.
#10 Posted by snico1995 (138 posts) -

I have the exact same problem with the b button.mrphilip11

Me TOO!!!!!!!

#11 Posted by Draconis77 (636 posts) -
Contact Nintendo and have them send you a new one.
They don't have a year and three month warranty for nothing.
Jaysonguy
Yeah, Nintendo has the best customer service ever!
#12 Posted by tar82 (612 posts) -
Send it to nintendo and tell them you have a problem with your Wii Remote, I'm sure they will give you another one.RMANPOWER
Exactly.^