Anyone wants a 3DS version of Half Life 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Well?

Why not?

#2 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
Man, HL2 in 3DS? The motion sickness will be like, off the charts
#3 Posted by gettingpatches (210 posts) -

Because there's no garantee that the 3DS could handle the physics which are a vital aspect of half life 2 and while a version was made for the original xbox even if the 3ds is more powerful (which it almost certainly isn't) the framerate would still probably struggle.

Not to mention if I wanted a valve game I'd rather it be original and designed for the hardware than a port of a 8 year old game.

#4 Posted by gameofthering (10305 posts) -

Man, HL2 in 3DS? The motion sickness will be like, off the chartsIAmNot_fun

Half-life 2 is actually good in 3D.

#5 Posted by sailor232 (4805 posts) -

I dont think the 3ds could run it to be honest. Too many effect to pull off.

#6 Posted by Litchie (16367 posts) -
Um.. No. It would look ugly as hell. And it's a really old game that I've played 10 times already.
#7 Posted by MethodManFTW (25780 posts) -
I knew it was going to be you who made this thread. But nah, who woud want that?
#8 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8518 posts) -
I would think its possible. The game is from 2004 and didn't require beefy specs to run at that time.
#9 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

Nah it's a good game but pretty overrated. Plus Valve is pretty much PC only with a few console exceptions like The Orange Box and Left 4 Dead.

#10 Posted by funsohng (28104 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]Man, HL2 in 3DS? The motion sickness will be like, off the chartsgameofthering

Half-life 2 is actually good in 3D.

Its the only game that gave me headache. The PoV angle change helped me enough to finish the game, but idk, 3d may make my brain explode
#11 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Well?

Why not?

GreekGameManiac

How about you actually post your own answer and explain it when you make a thread instead of just dropping a random question and disappearing?

#12 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Well?

Why not?

1PMrFister

How about you actually post your own answer and explain it when you make a thread instead of just dropping a random question and disappearing?

Agreed. He always does this.

#13 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

No.

#14 Posted by GamerForca (7095 posts) -
I would think its possible. The game is from 2004 and didn't require beefy specs to run at that time.AutoPilotOn
They had to severely downgrade it just to get it onto the Xbox. There's no way it's possible, and even if it was, why would anybody want to play it on a handheld for $40 when they could get it dirt cheap on Steam (and take advantage of mods)?
#15 Posted by skooks (1411 posts) -

Not in the slightest, no.

#16 Posted by Mii_ller (238 posts) -

Valve does not recognize the number 3, so it will never come to the 3DS.

#17 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

Can you stop making threads about remakes? They ultimately provide nothing to discuss and they're flooding the board.

#18 Posted by FPS1337 (2517 posts) -
It would be really cool if it did come to the 3DS, and I'm sure the 3DS could easily run it with some tweaking, the Xbox ran it back in 2004, and the 3DS is more powerful then the original Xbox for sure, there's no way the original Xbox could run the RE5 engine, and DOA looks much better on 3DS then Xbox. I don't think Valve is interested in making mobile games right now. I think its more likely we would see a mobile Portal before we see a half life ever appear on handhelds, but I think Valve is more of a home console type company, but who knows maybe eventually we'll see something, game developers are always expanding to new markets.
#19 Posted by Bangerman15 (1977 posts) -

Nah it's a good game but pretty overrated. Plus Valve is pretty much PC only with a few console exceptions like The Orange Box and Left 4 Dead.

turtlethetaffer
dude what are u talking about? every valve game can be played on something else except dota lol and I think day of defeat, but source is pretty optimized, it'd be possible on the 3ds but I doubt it would happen
#20 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -
How about Half life 1 first
#21 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Bangerman15

dude what are u talking about? every valve game can be played on something else except dota lol and I think day of defeat, but source is pretty optimized, it'd be possible on the 3ds but I doubt it would happen

I meant that they just tend to focus more on the PC than consoles. Like they develop with PC in mind.

#22 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Bangerman15

There´s quite a few games over the years that are only available for PC lie Half Life Blue Shif.Half Life Opposing Force,Half LIfe Source,Deathmatch Classic,Alien Swarm,Counter Strike Source,Ricochet,Half Life Deathmatch: Source,Dota 2,Half LIfe 2 Lost Coast,Day of Defeat,Day of Defeat Source and honestly,they pretty much just support the PC versions of their games after release,TF2 is not even the same game anymore on the PC(though you can still play the vanilla version),support for the L4D series is pretty much dead on the 360 while still going on the PC,Portal 2 has now the possibility to have custom maps only available on the PC,etc,so yeah,even though they release some of their games on consoles their main focus is the PC. As for that 3Ds version of HL2 I don´t think so,it couldn´t even run it.
#23 Posted by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

I can't imagine Half Life 2 on that low pixel screen.

#24 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

Oh god... no. I dont want such a thing to even exist. It'd look god awful on the 3ds with the seizure inducing 3D effects and horrendous lighting.

#25 Posted by JustBoomer (184 posts) -
No way, not me.