Anyone heard anything about a MK8 Wii U console bundle?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Conjuration (3538 posts) -

I'm planning on getting a Wii U once Mario Kart 8 comes out. If there's a console bundle I'll pre-order that shizzle today.

I've done a little bit of research and can't find any info on if this is happening. And quite honestly I'm surprised.

This is the follow up to the #1 selling game in videogame history and no console bundle? Really?

Thanks if you got any info.

#2 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7214 posts) -

Nothing yet. I reckon it will be all over Gamespot and IGN if a bundle is announced.

#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4706 posts) -

Yeah, no news of it currently, but I'm 90% sure there will be a bundle for it.

#4 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23267 posts) -

GS put up a news story earlier today.

[Link]

#5 Edited by Conjuration (3538 posts) -

@f22_king_raptor: Thanks for the link, but that's for the special edition game bundle for Europe. I'm looking for a Wii U console bundled with the game. And I'm in North America. But thanks, much appreciated.

#6 Edited by KBFloYd (13207 posts) -

nintendo doesnt do bundles for new games...windwaker being an exception.

there wont be one imo until maybe christmas or next year.

youll have to buy another bundle and get mario kart separate.

#7 Posted by Conjuration (3538 posts) -

@KBFloYd: I guess if nothing's announced in the next 6-8 weeks I'll buy the Mario/Luigi U console bundle + MK8 on the side.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a MK8 themed Wii U for now I guess.

#8 Posted by jcrame10 (154 posts) -

i dont feel like they will do one. it would effect sales of the game if they bundled it with the console. maybe later this year itll happen.

#9 Posted by Megavideogamer (5325 posts) -

Would be a great idea if Nintendo dd a Maro Kart 8 Bundle. The Maro Kart 8 game. A Wii U Wii Wheel. And a special White 32GB Flash memory model of the Wii U console. But alas.....No bundle.

#10 Edited by mariokart64fan (19379 posts) -

just get the mario wiiu bundle and get the game seperately then youll have 3 games to play