Anyone get a reservation card from target?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cryfreedom66 (643 posts) -
I'm worried the reservation card isn't going to be reliable come launch day...anyone else have an opinion on this?
#2 Posted by ButteredToast89 (209 posts) -

I have two reservation cards for the Black Deluxe model from two Target stores. If one doesn't work for me, I'll run to the other store and hope I get one.

The back of the cards say: "The reserved merchandisefor this card will be held at the Electronics Department for seven days after the release date, at the Target store where purchased." and "You must present the Reservation card to pick up your reserved copy of WiiU black video game console..."

I suppose it's up to each store individually, whether they follow the instructions or not. I figured at least ONE store should do it properly..... right? lol

EDIT: Also, I read over at the CheapA**Gamer forums from some people saying they work at Target saying that the stores track how many pre-order cards are sold and depending on how many are sold, they hold that number of consoles to give to just people who come in with the cards. But again, it's a store-by-store basis. Some guys said they talked to the managers are their Target stores and they said it's first come first served. But I have a hard time believing that, then what's the point of selling the cards, ya know?

To sum it up... I plan to get there early in the morning just in case and hope I get one lol

#3 Posted by cryfreedom66 (643 posts) -

I have two reservation cards for the Black Deluxe model from two Target stores. If one doesn't work for me, I'll run to the other store and hope I get one.

The back of the cards say: "The reserved merchandisefor this card will be held at the Electronics Department for seven days after the release date, at the Target store where purchased." and "You must present the Reservation card to pick up your reserved copy of WiiU black video game console..."

I suppose it's up to each store individually, whether they follow the instructions or not. I figured at least ONE store should do it properly..... right? lol

EDIT: Also, I read over at the CheapA**Gamer forums from some people saying they work at Target saying that the stores track how many pre-order cards are sold and depending on how many are sold, they hold that number of consoles to give to just people who come in with the cards. But again, it's a store-by-store basis. Some guys said they talked to the managers are their Target stores and they said it's first come first served. But I have a hard time believing that, then what's the point of selling the cards, ya know?

To sum it up... I plan to get there early in the morning just in case and hope I get one lol

ButteredToast89
Thanks for the input...yea I guess I'll just get there early as well...maybe I'll call tomorrow and just see what they say about it
#4 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7985 posts) -
I know when I used a preorder card for my 3ds and vita they didn't keep track. But those were handhelds and the had plenty unlike wiiu will be. I'd still get there early as possible.
#5 Posted by hooch1 (17 posts) -
That sucks as I am going to be out of town that morning. When I bought the card, the clerk told me they hold them for 24 hours.
#6 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7985 posts) -
Well u should be ok. They probably just didn't take handheld release serious
#7 Posted by Alx1231 (527 posts) -
Well u should be ok. They probably just didn't take handheld release seriousAutoPilotOn
Yeah, it wouldn't be that hard to take a look at the stock and realize that they would not be running out anytime soon. Nonetheless, I took no chances and reserved from gamestop.com. They just took my money on Sunday so it will be processed soon! I'm excited.
#8 Posted by mariokart64fan (19348 posts) -

i always preorder at gamestop knowing that that is my wii u they cant sell it , at least for 24 hours , and im going to be getting there and picking mine up day one

#9 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
Does yours say what version of Wii U, I only saw white reservation cards does, and I bought does that mean I'm stuck with the basic model. I don't particularly care, I'll take the basic model if I have no other options.
#10 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7985 posts) -
They had 2 sets of cards for regular and deluxe.
#11 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
They had 2 sets of cards for regular and deluxe. AutoPilotOn
Oh, darn.. Well Basic is better than nothing.
#12 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
Talked to some target employees, and was told at least at my store, it does not matter what kind of Wii U reservation card you have, you can still get whatever model of the Wii U you want, so you can get the black model until Rey run out of stock, but once they run out, you will be stuck with the basic, even if you have a black card.
#13 Posted by ButteredToast89 (209 posts) -
Talked to some target employees, and was told at least at my store, it does not matter what kind of Wii U reservation card you have, you can still get whatever model of the Wii U you want, so you can get the black model until Rey run out of stock, but once they run out, you will be stuck with the basic, even if you have a black card.layton2012
I call bullsh*t, on the back of my card is clearly says "reserved copy of Wii U black video game console". I purchased the deluxe pre-order card, I expect to get a deluxe wii u on Sunday
#14 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
[QUOTE="layton2012"]Talked to some target employees, and was told at least at my store, it does not matter what kind of Wii U reservation card you have, you can still get whatever model of the Wii U you want, so you can get the black model until Rey run out of stock, but once they run out, you will be stuck with the basic, even if you have a black card.ButteredToast89
I call bullsh*t, on the back of my card is clearly says "reserved copy of Wii U black video game console". I purchased the deluxe pre-order card, I expect to get a deluxe wii u on Sunday

Then I'd go early, I won't be able to go until 11 so I'll take what I can get, but if they offer me a deluxe, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't take it. Now this could also have been a misinformed employee. There also a chance they employee though the only difference between basic and deluxe is color.
#15 Posted by cryfreedom66 (643 posts) -
I just called my target ... the guy in electronics laughed and said its absolutely guaranteed to be in stock for a week no need to come early.
#16 Posted by Alx1231 (527 posts) -
I just called my target ... the guy in electronics laughed and said its absolutely guaranteed to be in stock for a week no need to come early. cryfreedom66
I wonder if that's true. It's been out of stock every where. Maybe he's underestimating it? I don't know. I don't trust retail associates. They don't usually know what they're talking about. Still it remains to be seen. He could be right.
#17 Posted by gameboy343 (1024 posts) -

[QUOTE="cryfreedom66"]I just called my target ... the guy in electronics laughed and said its absolutely guaranteed to be in stock for a week no need to come early. Alx1231
I wonder if that's true. It's been out of stock every where. Maybe he's underestimating it? I don't know. I don't trust retail associates. They don't usually know what they're talking about. Still it remains to be seen. He could be right.

i doubt it, the store i work at only had 1 tub of wiiu boxes, 2 consoles per box, about 10ish boxes on the tub, and not all of the boxes were of wiiu's, some of them had wiimotes and other accessories in them. unless they get reguluar daily shipments in they probably will run out quickly. but this ofcourse is just of the store i work at, the other's could be different.

#18 Posted by cryfreedom66 (643 posts) -
I think you guys are misunderstanding. He said if you have a reservation card it's guaranteed for a week. Not just general purchases.
#19 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
I think you guys are misunderstanding. He said if you have a reservation card it's guaranteed for a week. Not just general purchases.cryfreedom66
That makes more since, though I'm glad the employees are confidant that they won't accidentally sell them prior to 7 days.
#20 Posted by Alx1231 (527 posts) -

I'm interested to see how this one turned out. OP update when you can

#21 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
It worked, I had a white card and got a basic model, though i was there by 8:15, and all of the black consoles were gone.
#22 Posted by cryfreedom66 (643 posts) -
Got my deluxe at 930. All general purchase models were sold out but he had my reserved one in the back. Said I was the first to pick up a reserved one.
#23 Posted by murrayb3024 (1 posts) -
They said they got "shorted" on inventory. My reservation card was worthless.
#24 Posted by cryfreedom66 (643 posts) -
Oo that's rough man. Exactly what I was worried about...sorry : /
#25 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
They said they got "shorted" on inventory. My reservation card was worthless.murrayb3024
Oh that's a bummer, I guess it comes down to how competent the workers are.
#26 Posted by Nintendowiiu18 (2 posts) -
I read this before the WiiU came out and I had feared it that it might happen to me and that it would not be available. I took my reservation card to Target and they said they "accidentally" gave my WiiU away and said they were "sorry". Obviously I was PISSED! They took my name and number, and said that they would call me. I asked them when they expected to have more in, all they told me was "ohhh I don't know". I called a few other Target stores and they said that they couldn't do anything about it, but if wanted i could call them back EVERYDAY and check if they had one, and if they did, then I could ask them to hold it for me. Yet I got the reservation card so I did not have to do something as annoying as that, that's what the reservation card is for, is so I DON'T have to call them everyday and ask, So I don't have to waste my time on the phone everyday. If that's the case, what the heck is the point of the reservation card!? Target SUCKS at reserving, do NOT reserve with Target! At least I'm also on the waiting list at GameStop, It seems they might be getting my money instead. Edit: I also may not be able to get the account name I want now because of this.
#27 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nintendowiiu18"]I read this before the WiiU came out and I had feared it that it might happen to me and that it would not be available. I took my reservation card to Target and they said they "accidentally" gave my WiiU away and said they were "sorry". Obviously I was PISSED! They took my name and number, and said that they would call me. I asked them when they expected to have more in, all they told me was "ohhh I don't know". I called a few other Target stores and they said that they couldn't do anything about it, but if wanted i could call them back EVERYDAY and check if they had one, and if they did, then I could ask them to hold it for me. Yet I got the reservation card so I did not have to do something as annoying as that, that's what the reservation card is for, is so I DON'T have to call them everyday and ask, So I don't have to waste my time on the phone everyday. If that's the case, what the heck is the point of the reservation card!? Target SUCKS at reserving, do NOT reserve with Target! At least I'm also on the waiting list at GameStop, It seems they might be getting my money instead. Edit: I also may not be able to get the account name I want now because of this.

I can tell your pissed because you created an account over this, did you preorder a deluxe or basic, they may have some basics in some stores. I wouldn't worry about your account name, unless it is a specific licensed character name, it should not be taken. It is not a surprise that not all Target's were properly prepared with reservations, my target did a good job with basic models but mistakenly sold all of the deluxe within an hours of release. hopefully the shortage is not as bad as we are led to believe and you will be able to get one soon.
#28 Posted by Nintendowiiu18 (2 posts) -
preordered a deluxe. Yes I hope so as well.