Anybody else having trouble with Wii U pre-orders??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

The system is literally sold out EVERYWHERE I LOOK. I'm trying so hard to pre-order a deluxe edition and the best I was able to do was the crappy white one at gamestop. :(

Has anybody else noticed/ran into the same type of problem as me?? It looks like people are pretty excited about it for it to be selling out of pre-orders so fast

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Not me. I jumped on it right away, and actually am first on the list.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I think you'll be able to preorder it at Target, but no online since the online preorders are sold out. You will have to wait a few weeks though since Target hasnt started doing preorders for the Wii U in stores yet.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
No I preordered about 1 hour after price and date was announced.
zepfya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zepfya
Member since 2003 • 1209 Posts
Yep not sure why people wait, I managed to pre-order a deluxe in 3 places.
Kewin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kewin86
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts

The system is literally sold out EVERYWHERE I LOOK. I'm trying so hard to pre-order a deluxe edition and the best I was able to do was the crappy white one at gamestop. :(

Has anybody else noticed/ran into the same type of problem as me?? It looks like people are pretty excited about it for it to be selling out of pre-orders so fast

Bangerman15

where did you try?

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
This seems to only be in the U.S so far here in the U.K every online Pre-Order option seems to be still open.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

The UK doesn't seem to want them that badly. That price will scare people away :P

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

Preordered my deluxe version the day of the price/date announcment. I did notice though Gamestop online are sold out of basic models and had deluxe editions still. Oddly I remember when I preordered the first wii I had to stand in line hours before the store even opened just to preorder. With wii U i simply walked in and preordered.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I preordered the day the price was announced from Best Buy

asanspree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 asanspree
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I think the only places that have any left are Wal-mart and Gamestop. Wal-mart online looks to have both, but not sure. Gamestop online looks to have just the white left. I ordered on Thursday and was the first to order, so no problem here.
KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

This seems to only be in the U.S so far here in the U.K every online Pre-Order option seems to be still open.OhJayDubya

The UK doesn't seem to want them that badly. That price will scare people away :P

gameofthering

It might not just be the US.

Back when the Wii went up for pre-order in the UK any number of people could pre-order it without any trouble and no one was ever told that all pre-orders were full, all that was said was there were more pre-orders than anyone thought there would be. Places like Amazon, Play, Zavvi etc. continued to take pre-orders even though they couldn't guarantee everyone would get a Wii on release. I know quite a few people this happend to, all using different online retailers, and they had to wait upto 3 or 4 months to get a Wii.

So it's possible the same thing is happening again.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

You're outta luck bud, Target, Best Buy, and Gamestop already came out and said their pre-orders on the deluxe's were out, and I think GS is the only one with White left and said it was very minimal.

I got my pre-order in a few hours after the conference, and 20 people had already come in and pre-ordered before me!

euro96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 euro96
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]This seems to only be in the U.S so far here in the U.K every online Pre-Order option seems to be still open.KnightSkull

gameofthering

It might not just be the US.

Back when the Wii went up for pre-order in the UK any number of people could pre-order it without any trouble and no one was ever told that all pre-orders were full, all that was said was there were more pre-orders than anyone thought there would be. Places like Amazon, Play, Zavvi etc. continued to take pre-orders even though they couldn't guarantee everyone would get a Wii on release. I know quite a few people this happend to, all using different online retailers, and they had to wait upto 3 or 4 months to get a Wii.

So it's possible the same thing is happening again.

Yes in the UK most retailers will just take pre-orders regardless of their availability. Places like GAME then send out an email to confirm your place on their pre-order list and if you will get one at launch once they arrange their stock.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JustPlainLucas
Went to GameStop today to preorder some games, and they said they're still taking Basic pre-orders. I have a feeling the Basics are goign to be readily available, so only eBay scalpers will be profiting by selling the Deluxes.
thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

I was able to pre-order the Basic Set at BestBuy hours before the retailer stopped accepting pre-orders.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

[QUOTE="Bangerman15"]

Kewin86

where did you try?

I went to gamestop last Friday to preorder it because I traded in my wii too.. I was gonna go on Thursday but I didn't couldn't get my nunchuk which I needed to trade it in and all they had was a white, then I tried checking other places and its sold out except the crappy white one
champofcube15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 champofcube15
Member since 2004 • 1596 Posts
Not me. I jumped on it right away, and actually am first on the list.JustPlainLucas
I made second at my local Gamestop. I jumped in my car right after my 11:35 am class and rushed to preorder it. Oh and awesome avi BTW. :) Golf Wang.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I have two pre-orders for the Deluxe in right now. One at Gamestop (where I'm 8th) and on toysrus.com. Hoping I get one just in case one fails on me.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#25 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i am 2nd on my store list haha got there and preordered behind one guy , who also preordered , immediatelly after the conference was over!

Golevka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Golevka
Member since 2009 • 492 Posts

Preorded the Basic set from Gamestop as that was all that was left. The manager said that I could just let them know launch day that I really wanted the Premium. This way I have an advantage over the people just waiting in line. Well... I just hope the manager is right. (He actually helped my brother get a Wii during the mad rush back in 2006. He held one for us while we drove up to the store.)

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="champofcube15"] I made second at my local Gamestop. I jumped in my car right after my 11:35 am class and rushed to preorder it. Oh and awesome avi BTW. :) Golf Wang.

KILL THEM ALL! :P Yeah, I had the benefit of being on vacation. The moment I turned on my computer and learned of the price and date, I knew GS would be taking pre-orders so off I went!
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

I preordered mine as soon as I could after leaving the office on Thursday. It was probably a little before 6 when I got there and I was the 18th at that store and for some reason there are 2 other stores within a few miles so I was pretty surprised that that one already had so many.