another should i buy thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PAIN_Psycho (7 posts) -

Well it is another similiar thread, but i have a legit question, so hear me out.

Before you guys say anything, i owned a 1st gen ps3, xbox 360 and own a wii and a pc.

I was a hardcore xbox 360 player, but i saw that on pc you could get the same games but with much higher resolutions and better textures, etc. But, i want to have a console in which i can play my games like call of duty, Madden, AC, etc. So should i buy a wii u or any other console? sorry for bad grammar :D

#2 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Well it is another similiar thread, but i have a legit question, so hear me out.

Before you guys say anything, i owned a 1st gen ps3, xbox 360 and own a wii and a pc.

I was a hardcore xbox 360 player, but i saw that on pc you could get the same games but with much higher resolutions and better textures, etc. But, i want to have a console in which i can play my games like call of duty, Madden, AC, etc. So should i buy a wii u or any other console? sorry for bad grammar :D

PAIN_Psycho

In your situation, I would just wait until the nextbox and PS4 comes out to decide, the Wii U is a marginal leap forward, and will in all probability rarely be pushed very hard graphically similar to the Wii. Not to mention Nintendo gets the a$$ end of multiplats, so I'd just wait and see how stuff develops once the other next gen consoles are out too.

#3 Posted by spike6958 (4710 posts) -

Yeah, the true fact of the matter is, Nintendo consoles are for Nintendo fans. If you're planning to invest in a Nintendo system you need to be interested in at least the big 4, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. For right now we're doing OK with multiplats, better than the N64 and Wii anyway, but the fact we aren't getting a lot of the multiplatform games that the Wii U could probably run (such as Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and South Park: The Stick of Truth) means that, unless development costs for the PS4 and X720 are too high, chances are once they launch devs will just move forward with them, especially the likes of Activision and EA, leaving Wii U with the same watered down ports that Wii got stuck with.

#4 Posted by pspitus (2396 posts) -

I think if you're going to be more interested in Third Party titles like Call of Duty, Asassin's Creed, etc, I would recommend waiting for the next Playstation/Xbox gaming systems. Nintendo is awesome, but I would only get a Nintendo system for their system exclusives like Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros etc. :)

#5 Posted by marinevetstl (115 posts) -
I disagree. I have had the Microsoft and Sony systems. To be fair, the WiiU is a great system. In actuality, I have enjoyed the WiiU more than the Xbox360 and PS3.
#6 Posted by PAIN_Psycho (7 posts) -

I think if you're going to be more interested in Third Party titles like Call of Duty, Asassin's Creed, etc, I would recommend waiting for the next Playstation/Xbox gaming systems. Nintendo is awesome, but I would only get a Nintendo system for their system exclusives like Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros etc. :)

pspitus

Actually I dont want to buy a PS4 or a 720, I mentioned 3rd Party games because I can play them on my PC too (CoD, AC, etc.) but i want the console to play arcadey games, like Puzzle, Platformers, Racing, Shooters (actually only call of duty, i can play my high end shooters on my PC), etc.

My point is, Is the Wii U a good console for these type of games?

Sorry but i have trouble making myself understandable, English is not my primary language :B

#7 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3588 posts) -

Actually I dont want to buy a PS4 or a 720, I mentioned 3rd Party games because I can play them on my PC too (CoD, AC, etc.) but i want the console to play arcadey games, like Puzzle, Platformers, Racing, Shooters (actually only call of duty, i can play my high end shooters on my PC), etc.

My point is, Is the Wii U a good console for these type of games?

Sorry but i have trouble making myself understandable, English is not my primary language :B

PAIN_Psycho

At this point, you should probably still wait it out until the games you want arrive. Simply put, if there's nothing out on the Wii U that you don't want to play at this very moment, it'd be best to just wait and see how the system develops from a library standpoint. I suspect that your PC will be able to handle two of the genres, Racing and Shooters, quite well, and as far as puzzle and platforming games, it's too soon to tell how strongly the Wii U will support those games (even though I suspect that it will have its share of platformers as time goes by).

My point is that by waiting, you'll get a better idea of whether or not the Wii U is the right console for you or if there's something else out there that will cater to your needs a little better.