Another Majora's Mask leak

This topic is locked from further discussion.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

http://nintendonews.com/2014/07/majoras-mask-3ds-leaked-target/

I don't work for target but can anyone confirmed if you can make a fake tag?

http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-think-target-just-accidentally-confirmed-majoras-mask-for-the-3ds.368831/

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

You do know that retailers are full of random bums that are just like you and me right? The retail shop floor is a terrible source for rumours. You may as well link to a random blog.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Yeah, as much as I want this to be true, over half of my friend circle in college consisted of Target employees. They have fancy gadgets for making custom labels and such. Sadly, this is a fake. A.) It wouldn't be 45$ B.) They wouldn't have a legitimate label for a game until long after it's been announced and near ready for release.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

While I'm calling fake on those particular images, I still think MM3D is coming because of three things.

1. Takashi Tezuka saying he'd love to play Majora's Mask in 3D.
  2. Grezzo (the team behind OoT3D) posting job listings for a "Legend" game.
  3. Miyamoto stating that they have an unannounced Zelda game in the works for 3DS. (It's far too soon for it to be another original title, so a remake seems most likely)
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

If MM 3D doesn't happen I will eat my shit and spew it at Nintendo.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

While I do believe a 3DS-make of Majora's Mask is in the works, I'd say this is fake. Someone likely inputted the item and made the label on purpose to stir up controversy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Why do people want this game so much?

Rovelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Rovelius
Member since 2006 • 3252 Posts

@Chozofication said:

Why should we not want it this much?

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 turtlethetaffer

@Rovelius said:

@Chozofication said:

Majora's Mask is the best game ever. Having it in portable form would be better than fucking sex.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Rovelius said:

@Chozofication said:

because it's an old game with mildly improved graphics. I can understand if it was on Wii U with totally remade graphics and extra/remade content, but this?

I was surprised to see this game on the most wanted list that miyamoto asked what games people want to be made too, over all the new games they could make.

I also think MM is one of the most overrated games ever, but I still would rather have new games than a remake of my favorite game, let alone a mildly improved port.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@Chozofication said:

@Rovelius said:

@Chozofication said:

because it's an old game with mildly improved graphics. I can understand if it was on Wii U with totally remade graphics and extra/remade content, but this?

I was surprised to see this game on the most wanted list that miyamoto asked what games people want to be made too, over all the new games they could make.

I also think MM is one of the most overrated games ever, but I still would rather have new games than a remake of my favorite game, let alone a mildly improved port.

Agreed. They want remakes more than they want sequels nowadays. It's sad

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@Chozofication said:

@Rovelius said:

@Chozofication said:

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Fake for sure, but I hope it eventually turns true. Would love to play it on the 3DS.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

He/she should have just recorded that and put it on YouTube for easy views.

Porting this game would dilute its standing in history, in my opinion. The game-play has aged poorly (as it largely consists of recycled OoT puzzles which, and I'm looking through the lens of truth here, weren't great to begin with. Time hasn't been kind). That's the immediate thing people would criticise and we wouldn't hear the end of it. I'm not a fan of HD remakes in general, but Majora's Mask deserves a complete remake on a Nintendo console because of how great the story and sub-stories are, not a port to a handheld with a new lick of paint. In my opinion this would tarnish its legacy in some ways. I wouldn't want Nintendo to use this as a means to pacify Operation Moonfall backers because Majora's Mask should be enjoyed by everyone and a remake could truly be a modern day classic. There are a glut of features they could add in the game like the 7 day cycle originally planned for Zelda Gaiden on the N64 DD, additional temples, a transformed over-world, a plethora of new enemies, all new characters inspired by those of the original game rather than being like-for-like (like-like? I made a pun! =P) clones apart from their clothes etc. I couldn't care less about the timeline, but I think they should definitely explore more of Majora's Mask themes in another game, whether that be a remake, a sequel or a spiritual successor.