Animal Crossing is a kids game if this is happening....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by pacific90 (649 posts) -

I played AC Wild World and the original in high school. But I've lost interest in college. And now for sure after reading that article it's for kids.

http://www.gossipgamers.com/pedophiles-using-animal-crossing-to-target-kids/

#2 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

Not sure if serious.

#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4734 posts) -

I don't know what's more ridiculous; playing Animal Crossing thoughout high school and not realizing that it was meant for kids, or finally realizing after reading an article about pedophiles using the game to target children. :|

#4 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
So you're saying AC is a game for adults if pedos are NOT playing it?
#5 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

Most Nintendo franchises are "kid friendly" so this shouldn't come as a surprise, what makes you think kids wouldn't play it? I also don't see how finding this out means that it's not interesting anymore because you're an "Adult".

And there are so many things wrong in that old (2009) story, it's amazing that they were even able to get the game's name right. :P

#6 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

All I have against Animal Crossing is the character's hideous titchy red nose.

Nothing else.

#7 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

Of course its for kids, that doesn't mean it isn't a ton of fun

#8 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -
i am calling this bs for the reason first of all it seems that no one Internet Crimes Task Force have most likely played the game or seen anything besides from a videos or two to say" The game structure requiresthe user to talk to other gamers, build relationships, and exchange letters, gifts, and favors in order to advance in the game." as we know there is no advancing in the game and online is only a choice and second of all without players registering there friend codes with each other they can not get into the others town so the bigger problem isn't the fan but how they must be giving each other their friend codes. and if the parents would watch their kids nowdays instead just trusting the internet and video games to them we wouldn't have idiots talk about what they don't know
#9 Posted by backtowar (271 posts) -

I feel like a kid playing it, in fact thats why I play AC XD

lot of fun BTW

#10 Posted by Burnt_Brains (197 posts) -

The guy who wrote this "article" is a complete retard End of story.

#11 Posted by KiD_ReMiX (255 posts) -

Wherever there are kids there will be pedo's targeting them, from Animal Crossing to COD to everything in between. So should we say that those 'hardcore' games with wifi and chat abilities are kids games too?

Give.

Me.

A.

Break.

You only single out Animal Crossing because it's cute and cartoony.

#12 Posted by fitzokoli (3236 posts) -

I just graduated college and Animal Crossing is my most anticipated game for the 3DS. I absolutely enjoyed wild world. I was 18 when it came out and most of my friends on it were my age or a little older. We all still keep in touch and plan on playing the new one. I dont understand this whole bit about "kiddy", its a game that can be enjoyed by all.

#13 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

So TC, just because AC is targetted towards children means you shouldn't play it? Dang, guess i've been doing it wrong all along! I guess I should stop playing games like Pokemon and Mario too; those are all "kids games" afterall. I mean.. it's obvious I should be playing M-rated games for mature gamers such as myself right. :cool:

But seriously, AC is one of most anticipated 3DS games for next year. Is it aimed towards kids? Yeah. Does it mean that I can't enjoy it because of that? Absolutely not.

#14 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

I just graduated college and Animal Crossing is my most anticipated game for the 3DS. I absolutely enjoyed wild world. I was 18 when it came out and most of my friends on it were my age or a little older. We all still keep in touch and plan on playing the new one. I dont understand this whole bit about "kiddy", its a game that can be enjoyed by all.

fitzokoli

Exactly. To say "There is no reason an adult should have this game" is absolutely outrageous.

At any rate, Animal Crossing isn't aimed at kids, it's aimed at families. :P

#15 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

I find it sad that no one else here will admit that it is a kids game. That doesn't mean its not fun but its aimed directly at kids

#16 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

I find it sad that no one else here will admit that it is a kids game. That doesn't mean its not fun but its aimed directly at kids

LaytonsCat

ANIMEguy did.

#17 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11227 posts) -

LaytonsCat
I've seen quite a few people here admit it.
#18 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="fitzokoli"]

Pixel-Perfect

At any rate, Animal Crossing isn't aimed at kids, it's aimed at families.

That is so, SO true Pixel.

#19 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -

Nintendo is meant for kids to begin with, that's nothing new. It's Playstation that gears more so to adults.

#20 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

Ah well, I don't care if it's a kid's game or rated 18+

That Sony guy was an idiot who said no 20-something gamer would have a DS. What, can't we young and starry-eyed ones be gamers?

#21 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="fitzokoli"]

Rod90

At any rate, Animal Crossing isn't aimed at kids, it's aimed at families.

That is so, SO true Pixel.

Finally, someone who appreciates my obvious greatness. :P

#22 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

I don't know what's more ridiculous; playing Animal Crossing thoughout high school and not realizing that it was meant for kids, or finally realizing after reading an article about pedophiles using the game to target children. :|

ANIMEguy10034

#23 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10880 posts) -
That story is unfortunate. However, whatever people want to label this game as, it is still my most anticipated 3DS title and I can't wait for it. :P