Animal Crossing for the Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spau0588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spau0588
Member since 2013 • 59 Posts
Is Nintendo going to make Animal Crossing for the Wii U or is it just going to br for the 3ds?
calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

If they do it may take sometime like it did for the Wii and the 3ds. I have my hopes up for that and Paper Mario for wii u

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#3 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I guess it will come eventually, but Animal Crossing is much better suited for handhelds given its time-related events, which makes being able to play it anywhere at anytime a must.

spau0588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 spau0588
Member since 2013 • 59 Posts

I guess it will come eventually, but Animal Crossing is much better suited for handhelds given its time-related events, which makes being able to play it anywhere at anytime a must.

Pierst179
Ya I get what you mean, but I just don't like handheld games. I have been playing the new luigi's mansion on my 3ds and its a good game but my hands cramp up because the controls are awkward. Maybe my hands are just too big. Anyways I bought my 3ds awhile ago (at least a year or 2) and barely played it. I got it for luigis mansion and animal crossing, but if its going to come out on the wii u I'd rather play it on that.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
That would make me buy a Wii U.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
They have to. It'll be a massive hit in Japan.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

I would like it in a few years but it seems like its a handheld series. The big budgets of Wii U projects wouldn't suit it well. What would the franchise really even gain in HD? We know they won't make a big step and make it MMO-like with 100 people in one village. It suits handhelds better.

If the Wii U gets one I don't see what it changes and won't come for a few years. Wasn't there 3 years between Wild World and City Folk?

Coren_Larken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Coren_Larken
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

That would make me buy a Wii U.Rod90

I discussed this with a friend of mine the other day. I'd buy one as well.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

While I agree completely that it is more suited for a portable console, I have no doubt it will be released on the Wii U at some point.  As long as they don't "phone it in" like they did with the Wii version I'm up for trying it out.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm sure it will come eventually, and I'll be one of the first in line to buy it.

KiD_ReMiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KiD_ReMiX
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts
They will. Like Mario Kart, Nintendo usually releases one AC game per system.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"]That would make me buy a Wii U.Coren_Larken

I discussed this with a friend of mine the other day. I'd buy one as well.

Like in that same second I would buy it.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I would assume one is already in the works. AC for the GCN was pretty decent, if only to trick out your house with weird swag and NES consoles. They should overhaul the graphical presentation and give your animal neighbors some real voices for a change. Nintendo needs to get with the times in that regard.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bonesawisready5

I would assume one is already in the works. AC for the GCN was pretty decent, if only to trick out your house with weird swag and NES consoles. They should overhaul the graphical presentation and give your animal neighbors some real voices for a change. Nintendo needs to get with the times in that regard.

FFCYAN

Voice acting in AC? I suppose that's one way to make the game take up more than 2GB of those 25GB discs. But no, please no VA in my Animal Crossing. So unnecessary IMO.

wanuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 wanuby
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I think they are looking at it from a large scale business angle.  They are waiting for sales in Animal Crossing for the 3DS and the boosted sales in the 3DS to drop, once that has finished, then they will introduce it for the WiiU and see the sales for the WiiU version and a boost for the WiiU system.  If they launch them together, people will buy one or the other, and probably not both.  With the seperate launch date, they can get people to buy two games and two systems instead of one.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
Yeah I expect to see Animal Crossing on Wii U at some point. I still haven't tried this series! :O
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'd buy it. I bought the GCN and Wii version. I have yet to try a handheld version. I might check out New Leaf sometime soon.

brentendo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brentendo3
Member since 2013 • 176 Posts
I don't see why they wouldn't... Animal Crossing has sold like hotcakes no matter what system it's on.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Bear with me, I brought links for AC fans. :P

Of course they will, ANIMAL CROSSING has a very specific and HUGE AC female user base and it will release on Wii U. Here's Nintendo's leader, IWATA on the matter (LINK, Iwata: Women sure do love that Animal Crossing videogame). This is no surprise to Retailers, Nintendo, or Nintendo Animal crossing longtime fans who have followed the series over the years. It was very apparent. I have a couple of male buddies who play AC with their GirlFriends, Moms, Aunts, Sisters, and even grandmas, so it's nice that while Nintendo targets the female demographic, it doesn't turn off some males from playing with the ladies in their life. I would guess when the Wii U install base grows we'll see the game release. Probably next year in 2014 or the year after in 2015. Releasing an AC Wii U game will help sell more Wii Us for certain.

Here's more links to Youtube where you can see the targetted demographic across the globe for AC, tell me what you notice:

1. LINK 1 AC: City Folk Promo
  2. LINK 2 Animal Crossing City Folk Commercial(different)
  3. LINK 3 AC Commercial 2 (again different)

I will also Embed FOUR (Total of Seven links) more commercials for your AC enjoyment:

LINK 4 (Hope Solo Animal Crossing commercial)

LINK 5 (Japan AC commercial)

LINK 6(Italian AC commercial)

LINK 7(French Animal Crossing Commercial)

----

I can't get the Embed to work, but I fixed the broken links.

Happy gaming.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bonesawisready5

If they make an Animal Crossing for Wii U I'd want this:

1. All the additions from New Leaf, mayor and everything.

2. Let the player rent out houses to earn even more money, to buy more houses to rent in their town.

3. More mini-games. New Leaf's mini-games are amusing for a bit but not suited for intense online play. Some AC games in the vein of some sports (albeit simpler) would be good. Like having AC putt-putt tournaments.

4. Full 1080p at all times, I don't want to see a single thing in the Wii U version that isn't 1920x1080

5. At least 8 players online at once, ideally more.

Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

It will probably come out eventually. I don't see myself picking it up since I have my 3DS town and I love being able to pick it up and play it a quick 20 minutes/day when needed. I would have a harder time getting myself to start up AC on my Wii-U for a few minutes.

Then again I could be wrong about AC on the Wii-U and Nintendo could make the greatest AC game yet.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Give it some time, they had a AC game for DS and the Wii, so after a while I'd imagine that Wii-U will get one.