I look back at my time with the Wii and I have to honestly say, I loved the Motion Controls and I dread going back to some of these franchises using a traditional controller. Of course, when the motion controls were implemented properly (aside from my one waggle example).
1. I didn't mind waggle in certain games. Twilight Princess was more enjoyable with waggle and the IR pointer.
2. Skyward Sword was incredible in the control department.
3. Every full fledged 3D Mario game for me has to be controlled like Mario Galaxy.
4. Unless I'm using a mouse and a keyboard, nothing beats the Wiimote. Metroid Prime 3 was fantastic. It felt natural and accurate.
5. Party games are hilarious with motion controls. The shaking the can mini-game in Mario Party 8 is ridiculous, not complicated and yet, even at 27, I can't help but laugh at the motion.
It just seems to me that a lot of people preferred the traditional controller. I don't disagree that many genres benefit from that scheme. But I'm going to miss playing the type of games with these controls where it actually worked, even in the rare waggle situation. Anyone else feel this way? (and sorry for the formatting, the new forums take some getting used to).