Age of Kings question!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thinner6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thinner6
Member since 2006 • 762 Posts
I was a big fan of the PC version, but I'm wondering about this "turn-based strategy". Is that just for multiplayer or is it in single player? And how does that work in single player? Because I liked just making a town up and occasionally attacking others.

So is it a port or what? What are the differences?
AzureCuzYeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 AzureCuzYeah
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
I dont have time to say much but I love AOE on pc and WC3.
It doesnt chance how great this is.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts
Well first off it's turn based. Second, you can only build directly next to your other buildings. Honestly it's not a whole lot like the PC counterparts at all. It's more like a Fire Emblem game. It's good but wont give you that same feeling.

Sorry forgot to mention about the turn based play forbidden>

edit ... sorry I typed a lot more but for some reason it dissappeared when I posted it, instead I got "forbidden" to post? anyonee else ever get this?
CheddarLimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 CheddarLimbo
Member since 2006 • 3909 Posts

Turn based means that as the new round starts, you get to move any or all of your guys and let them attack, build, whatever.  Then you can choose to do your research, trade resources, buy new units, etc.  Once you've made all your choices, each opponent, in turn, gets to do the same.  It's really a lot different from a RTS game, but it's not a flaw - just different.

I love the game and since it's on a handheld, I think the turn-based choice is a good on.

As for the forbidden> thing - yeah, I got that yesterday when I was posting a blog.  Over and over and over again, until I had to retype the whole thing.  Haven't seen it again since.

Links99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Links99
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Its more about fighting and attacking then it is about building towns and things like that.  I liked doing that with the PC version and was a little sad when I didn't have much options about towns but I still think its a great game.
MikeLXXXVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 MikeLXXXVIII
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
[QUOTE=" sorry I typed a lot more but for some reason it dissappeared when I posted it, instead I got "forbidden" to post? anyonee else ever get this?

yup i did but you just have to keep trying.. and to the topic ive been interested in this game because of its appreciation,turn based battles and age of empires theme :)