After wavering, I finally bought a Wii U

#1 Posted by gamenerd15 (4470 posts) -

I finally bought a Wii U with Donkey Kong Country. It will be cool to play an awesome platformer again. Donkey Kong Country Returns was awesome. Hopefully Fire Emblem and Yoshi Yarn come out rather soon. In the meantime, I will also look into getting NES remix, and Sonic the Lost World.

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (14522 posts) -

are you getting mario kart next month?

#3 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

What about Mario 3D World, or Pikmin?

#4 Edited by gamenerd15 (4470 posts) -

Let me actually wait until the system actually ships to my house. I will most likely get Mario Kart, and Mario 3D World at some point.

#5 Posted by GeorgeOglee (27 posts) -

i'm honestly considering getting a Wii U over the other next gen options. The game line up is just so much more appealing to me and it looks like just a lovely, fun, carefree system compared to the other two. Once Mariokart 8 and some form of Pokemon game is out for it, i'm all for it.

#6 Posted by Bigboi500 (30545 posts) -

Congrats.

#7 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2712 posts) -

@GeorgeOglee said:

i'm honestly considering getting a Wii U over the other next gen options. The game line up is just so much more appealing to me and it looks like just a lovely, fun, carefree system compared to the other two. Once Mariokart 8 and some form of Pokemon game is out for it, i'm all for it.

As unsexy as the Wii U is in the minds of gamers, I've yet to introduce it to a single person -- gamer or otherwise -- who hasn't experienced undeniable bliss when playing the console.

#8 Posted by Litchie (16575 posts) -

Enjoy an awesome console!

#9 Posted by Megavideogamer (5500 posts) -

Welcome to the Nintendo Wii U family. I'm sure that you will be able to discover plenty of games for your new system. The gamepad takes a bit to get use to.

Donkey Kong country is a great series. So your off to a great start.

#10 Posted by bdmckinley (795 posts) -

Be careful not to throw that gamepad. Donkey Kong can be infuriating. It's a ton of fun though!

#11 Posted by Sphensen (808 posts) -

If you purchased the Deluxe version be sure to take advantage of the digital promotion that Nintendo is doing. I've already acquired $15 worth of eShop credit from it

#13 Posted by GeorgeOglee (27 posts) -
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@GeorgeOglee said:

As unsexy as the Wii U is in the minds of gamers, I've yet to introduce it to a single person -- gamer or otherwise -- who hasn't experienced undeniable bliss when playing the console.

sounds pretty promising! it does seem like a brilliant system, the only thing holding me back at this point is the lack of third party support, but even then i have my PS3 for that so long as not too many next gen exclusive games are released aha.

#14 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1401 posts) -

Yoshi Land U should be this year. Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei MIGHT be this year but most likely 1st half of 2015.

#15 Posted by FFCYAN (4954 posts) -

Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros Dropkick Pikachu in his furry face, X, Bayonetta 2, I know I have the right system.

#16 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18260 posts) -

I'm happy with my Wii U +mario 3d world purchase. I also got Wind Waker HD free but like all the zelda's I always stop after about twenty hours in.

Its a good system. Enjoy.

#18 Edited by trugs26 (5783 posts) -

Pikmin 3 and Mario 3D World are must haves imo.

@mwright469 You're just as bad with your reply. Keep that shit in System Wars.

#19 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (957 posts) -

@mwright469: Why so much beef with Nintendo? You should try some chicken and pork too. Some vegetables wouldn't hurt either.

#21 Posted by ObxChillin (132 posts) -

Anyways good buy imo, there are some really good games coming out for Wii U, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. and who knows what we'll see at E3 !

#23 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@gordanchoong: Keep the console bashing and comparison in System Wars forum.