After a year...any good games on Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

So today, I was cleaning my room and trying to make a better room for my PS4 and XBONE and I noticed I have a Wii U between the chaos, collecting dust. It been almost year since I last played with it, only game was a Mario game.

So I thought to myself, that there gotta be some games out for this thing by now, right?

but all I hear about is a Zelda game, which I dont like.

so what are the good "exclusive" games on Wii U? no multi-platform games, I got 2 better consoles for such games.

I kinda thought a Metroid game would be out by now....but nope.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

New Mario

Ummm

Yeah, new Mario is out so you have one game to get

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

theres pikmin 3 , wonderful 101

lego city undercover ,

super Mario 3d world ,

coming is dkc 5 mariokart 8 ssb4 project x

theres plenty of third party as well but you said no third party so that's up to you ,

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Surely you're capable of clicking the Wii U tab and seeing the list of games that have come out.. Smells of troll.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k--m--k

@ttualumni13 said:

Surely you're capable of clicking the Wii U tab and seeing the list of games that have come out.. Smells of troll.

is it easier to ask than to check a full year of releases and try to check each what game is what, that is around what, 10 pages of list of games? but if you smell a troll, then keep smelling.

@mariokart64fan said:

theres pikmin 3 , wonderful 101

lego city undercover ,

super Mario 3d world ,

coming is dkc 5 mariokart 8 ssb4 project x

theres plenty of third party as well but you said no third party so that's up to you ,

I bought Pikmin 3 just now, and its not that impressive, same style of play I had on Little King Story, but better

and I am not going to waste a money on a lego game...be realistic

@Jaysonguy said:

New Mario

Ummm

Yeah, new Mario is out so you have one game to get

Disappointing, but I guess that will do until they make a metroid game or something

D-MonDRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#6 D-MonDRV
Member since 2002 • 9267 Posts

Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Lego City Undercover, and Rayman Legends (though it's not exclusive) are all very good Wii U titles worth owning.

I don't really mind the sporadic gaps in between releases. As an owner of all three next-gen consoles, I want to save as much as I can.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

zombiU, monster hunter 3 ultimate HD, tekken tag 2 (has nintendo charcater skins...its hilarious), pikmin 3, sonic lost world,

wiii sports club tennis/bowling/golf all with motion plus and online.

wii U Party...its big in japan...a very nice party game

rayman legends...made for wiiU..best on wiiU.

call of duty blops2 and ghosts with wiimote controls/offtvplay/and asymetrical play( 1 on the gamepad and on on the tv at the same time)

some people recommend the wonderful 101....similar to bayonetta and metal gear rising...if you like those games.

donkey kong comes out next month.

sonic and mario at sochi olympic games...if you have kids..

oh and windwaker HD...if you never played it...its freakin pretty.

next year is going to be much better.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

You don't like Zelda? Why the F*** did you get a Nintendo console? Zelda is amazing. And you bought BOTH Xbox One and PS4? Basically will have the same library of games, though 1 spies on you. Should have just got a PS4 and ditched the Xbox One. Its crap. As for your question, Pikmin 3, MH3U, Super Mario 3D World, Wonderful 101.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

You don't like Zelda? Why the F*** did you get a Nintendo console? Zelda is amazing.

Wow. I didn't even know you had to like Zelda to get a Nintendo system. I'm pretty sure you'll meet a lot of people who missed that memo. :P The TC also mentioned Metroid as being a desirable game, although I do have to question the notion of buying a system in the hopes a certain game is coming, as opposed to just... waiting for that said game to be released.

As for the topic itself, not really in much of a position to speak on it, so I'll take my leave here. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

If you're into Action RPGs with lots of customization and boss fights, I would recommend Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. That online community is still strong.

2013 wasn't really diverse for the Wii U, unfortunately. Hopefully 2014 will be much better.

@Master_Of_Fools said:

You don't like Zelda? Why the F*** did you get a Nintendo console? Zelda is amazing. And you bought BOTH Xbox One and PS4? Basically will have the same library of games, though 1 spies on you. Should have just got a PS4 and ditched the Xbox One. Its crap. As for your question, Pikmin 3, MH3U, Super Mario 3D World, Wonderful 101.

There's no need to be so rude. We're not in System Wars.

Also, not everyone who buys a Nintendo console enjoy Zelda games. If that was the case, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword should have sold over 80 million copies.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k--m--k

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Yeah I know, I tried it on the Wii and wasnt hooked on it, and didnt like the controls.

I know about Xbox, but its there for whatever exclusives Microsoft throws only

@Madmangamer364 said:

The TC also mentioned Metroid as being a desirable game, although I do have to question the notion of buying a system in the hopes a certain game is coming, as opposed to just... waiting for that said game to be released.

I didnt buy the console for Metroid. but it is my favorite game.

plus i am one of these guys who buy consoles on launch day without thinking...

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Of_Fools

@ANIMEguy10034: To not be a fan of Zelda (While crazy) is fine. But to flat out hate it is not.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@k--m--k said:

I didnt buy the console for Metroid. but it is my favorite game.

plus i am one of these guys who buy consoles on launch day without thinking...

Fair enough. If you have the money and time to do that, more power to you. That being said, when doing such a thing, it's hard to really complain when you can't find much on a system you pretty much bought on nothing more than a whim. Not that I'm saying you're really complaining, though. Just a quick though. :P

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Master_Of_Fools

@k--m--k:

So...you got it for...Halo? Even though 343i killed Halo with Halo 4...Okay then lol.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

Lol, so you bought a console without knowing what was available at the moment or what were the upcoming releases and then you just forgot about it?...lol, ok i guess.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

check games here

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 k--m--k

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@k--m--k:

So...you got it for...Halo? Even though 343i killed Halo with Halo 4...Okay then lol.

Not a fan of Halo, I dont play Halo. overrated in my opinion, more for games like Forza, Dead Rising, and whatever in the future

but not Halo or Gears of War

@madsnakehhh said:

Lol, so you bought a console without knowing what was available at the moment or what were the upcoming releases and then you just forgot about it?...lol, ok i guess.

is that a problem? I simply got busy on the good games on Vita, 3DS, PS3 and PC and just forgot about the Wii U

@pc-ps360 said:

check games here

useful.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

In all honesty, if someone owns a Wii U and has to ask if there are any good games available the best answer is just to say no regardless if you are being truthful or not.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k--m--k

@Solaryellow said:

In all honesty, if someone owns a Wii U and has to ask if there are any good games available the best answer is just to say no regardless if you are being truthful or not.

thanks for the useless comment

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow

Useless would be:

"So today, I was cleaning my room and trying to make a better room for my PS4 and XBONE and I noticed I have a Wii U between the chaos, collecting dust. It been almost year since I last played with it, only game was a Mario game.

So I thought to myself, that there gotta be some games out for this thing by now, right?"

I stand corrected. That was moronic.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 k--m--k

@Solaryellow said:

Useless would be:

"So today, I was cleaning my room and trying to make a better room for my PS4 and XBONE and I noticed I have a Wii U between the chaos, collecting dust. It been almost year since I last played with it, only game was a Mario game.

So I thought to myself, that there gotta be some games out for this thing by now, right?"

I stand corrected. That was moronic.

are you somehow upset or something from what I said? I just like to built a story on my question which I didnt force you to read

are you sad I said my Wii U is collecting Dust? or what exactly is your problem? most are being helpful here so why are you being an ass?

After this thread I bought both Pikmin 3 and Art Academy on Wii U, so piss off.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow

@k--m--k said:

are you somehow upset or something from what I said? I just like to built a story on my question which I didnt force you to read

are you sad I said my Wii U is collecting Dust? or what exactly is your problem? most are being helpful here so why are you being an ass?

I'm inclined to agree with post number four and fifteen. You somehow own three next generation systems yet haven't the foggiest idea if anything "good" is available for one of them? How does one simply forget about a system placed right in front of them?

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k--m--k

@Solaryellow said:

@k--m--k said:

I'm inclined to agree with post number four and fifteen. You somehow own three next generation systems yet haven't the foggiest idea if anything "good" is available for one of them? How does one simply forget about a system placed right in front of them?

because I own them all I need to keep up with each and every console news and updates? Alrighty then

the system is a black Wii U placed next to my black apple TV, next to my black PS3, next to my black showtime box, next to my black Xbox 360

next to my black internet router, but I guess its impossible for you to forget, so it must be impossible for me to forget.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

You should look into ZombiU, Rayman Legends, and Super Mario 3D World.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Solaryellow

@k--m--k said:

because I own them all I need to keep up with each and every console news and updates? Alrighty then

the system is a black Wii U placed next to my black apple TV, next to my black PS3, next to my black showtime box, next to my black Xbox 360

next to my black internet router, but I guess its impossible for you to forget, so it must be impossible for me to forget.

Like you my router, satellite box, Wii U, 360, Xbox One and television are all black and they all sit in front of me. Forgetting I own one? Nah. As I said, post four and fifteen seem right on. You own a system for a year yet have zero idea what is available? Peddle your snake oil to someone else.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

@k--m--k said:

@madsnakehhh said:

is that a problem? I simply got busy on the good games on Vita, 3DS, PS3 and PC and just forgot about the Wii U

Is not a problem, is just dumb, but oh well, why should i tell you what games are available if you don't care to make a proper research before and even after getting a gaming system?

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By k--m--k

@Solaryellow said:

@k--m--k said:

Like you my router, satellite box, Wii U, 360, Xbox One and television are all black and they all sit in front of me. Forgetting I own one? Nah. As I said, post four and fifteen seem right on. You own a system for a year yet have zero idea what is available? Peddle your snake oil to someone else.

Lol ok, whatever makes you happy. others were more than helpful anyway so it doesnt matter now what you say.

@madsnakehhh said:
@k--m--k said:
@madsnakehhh said:

Is not a problem, is just dumb, but oh well, why should i tell you what games are available if you don't care to make a proper research before and even after getting a gaming system?

I dont need you to tell me anything, others did and thread is marked already as answered