About the New Smash Bros game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Johnboy926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Johnboy926
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I heard that the SMB that was on the Wii was so family friendly, not only did they take out voice chat, but Nintendo told you, "Your not allowed to play against people you don't know in real life." and required friend codes.

Do you think that Nintendo will still make this amazing blunder in 2014 and not allow match making? I don't want to be forced to play single player because I used to be a PC gamer and none of my friends own a Wii U or 3DS.

And this is where I got this information from, I have not played Smash Brothers before, and I plan to on the Wii U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7hGr__G7LE

At 13:04 she proceeds to talk about how they required friend codes for custom matches.

If she is wrong and it had match making then correct me please because I am freaking worried about this.

What gives?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Since you've never played Smash Bros Before, you shouldn't be worried.

Also Smash Bros NEVER had Voice Chat so they can't take out something that was never there.

You could play against anybody on Smash Bros Wii. To play against friends required a friend code (basically a player's console ID number - Think PSN ID, XBL Gamertags or Steam Account Names).

The fact of the matter is, you heard wrong about Smash Bros. Don't listen to what everybody tells you because some people don't have a clue what they are talking about, especially when it comes hardcore gamers talking about Nintendo.

Johnboy926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Johnboy926

@nini200: Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I've never been really big on online play since Counterstrike Source, but Mario Kart 8 and SMSB are two things I really wanna play online.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@johnboy926 said:

@nini200: Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I've never been really big on online play since Counterstrike Source, but Mario Kart 8 and SMSB are two things I really wanna play online.

You're welcome.

Smash Bros Wii is only good online when you have people that have good steady WIRED connections. This Minimized lag tremendously.

Mario Kart Wii's online is STILL Golden. The game has virtually no lag whatsoever. The only lag you see rarely is an occasional player may glitch.

With Namco Bandai helping with the new Smash Bros, the online play should be very good seeing as how Namco Bandai have extremely good netcode in their fighting games.

I just preordered Mario Kart 8 today so I can not wait for that to get here.

Johnboy926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Johnboy926

@nini200: Back in the PS2 days, I had AT&T DSL, and even a wired connection couldn't save that console, not from DSL anyway. Years later having a laptop, still on DSL, the laptop never had internet because the wireless was so bad. It got so troublesome that I switched to cable and started moving a router to permanently rest wherever needed most. Such as the TV. Where I had an Xbox, and gaming PC (while it lasted) now our internet is so good I can go off wireless but I still keep consoles hardwired for extra comfort.

smitherton4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 smitherton4
Member since 2014 • 67 Posts

Hopefully they will improve the online this time as the limited match selection for random fights was very disappointing. Also I stopped playing it online when I could not get matches with my friends even though we were able to connect together previously.

Venks12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Venks12345
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I think you'd do yourself a favor reading about the Super Smash Bros Wii U 3DS Direct.

Masahiro Sakurai dedicated a section of the direct specifically to talk about online play. From the looks of it Super Smash Bros 4 is going to be much more online friendly than Brawl was. And honestly I'm really looking forward to trying out the For Fun and For Glory modes.