A Ton of Xenoblade Chronicles X info:

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

From a Famitsu interview with Tetsuya Takahashi who directed the Xeno games:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/more_details_emerge_on_xenoblade_chronicles_x_and_its_non-linear_world

The map is 5 times the size of Xenoblades (we knew this already(

Story can go in multiple directions

8 Unions for quest giving and different game objectives:

• Pathfinder: Oversee data probe installation
  • Interceptor: Oversee exterminating protists
  • Avalanche: Oversee hunting down dangerous creatures
  • Testament: Oversee recovery of wreckage from the ship as well as dropped items in the battlefield
  • Corepedian: Oversee investigating new areas and collecting materials
  • Land Bank: Oversee securing resources and collecting minerals
  • Arms: Assist the Arms Company in building and arming Dolls (Dolls are what the mechs are called)
  • Companion: Jack of all trades, from breaking up fights to finding stray cats

Vague details on the online component... based on what I've read on different sites, it's not sounding like the online will include multi-player questing but it'll be more like the online in the Souls games maybe?

4 party members fighting at a time... Xenoblade Chronicles only allowed for 3 FYI

Takahashi's playthough was 300 hours!!!! I don't need that long of a playthrough but I'm glad for people who do.

On gamefaqs there were additional parts of the translation from Famitsu and one part said that Takahashi said they almost ran out of storage space on the disc and consider multiple discs.

This game is going to be HUGE!

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

@roboccs: is this the 3DS version??

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roboccs

No, this is Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU coming out later this year.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

god this game gets better with the each bit of info they release. Its going to be GOTY for me.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

This is fantastic news, they've done a good job of building hype with these periodic info releases. I MUST HAVE THIS GAME! I had my doubts that this could stand up to Xenoblade Chronicles, but X is shaping up to be yet another special game.

Nintendo needs to dump money on Monolith Soft and make Xenoblade the next Final Fantasy ish series.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 roboccs

@bunchanumbers said:

god this game gets better with the each bit of info they release. Its going to be GOTY for me.

The only way it ends up not being GOTY for me is if Zelda is somehow even better. I guess it's possible.

@ttualumni13 said:

Nintendo needs to dump money on Monolith Soft and make Xenoblade the next Final Fantasy ish series.

Yeah, they are a great development group to say the least. Nintendo already puts a lot of stock in them. They did help with some other major titles including Skyward Sword and MK7. I'm sure there were more too.

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

@roboccs said:

The only way it ends up not being GOTY for me is if Zelda is somehow even better. I guess it's possible.

This is a completely insane sentence. There are a huge number of eagerly anticipated games coming out this year. You have played none of them so far.
Why are you advertising the fact that you make your mind up about things before you've experienced them?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roboccs

@garywood69: I know what I like and I pretty much know I'm only going to buy a handful of games this year.

What are you so worked up about anyway? I said MY GOTY, not anyone else's.

Geez... Darn interwebs...

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@garywood69 said:

@roboccs said:

This is a completely insane sentence. There are a huge number of eagerly anticipated games coming out this year. You have played none of them so far.

Why are you advertising the fact that you make your mind up about things before you've experienced them?

He's probably like me...my GOTY too lol.. :P ..I already know I will like this game..their previous Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) was awesome, considering the crappy Wii hardware, they had to work with . This seems to be similar to XC (wii) but bigger...can't see any disappointment in that. Just hope they didn't remove the gem creation thing..love doing that. :P

My Top 3 or most anticipated games this year 1) Xenoblade Chronicles X, 2) The Witcher 3 & 3) Zelda U. :P

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roboccs

@superbuuman: Yeah,and everything we see about the game keeps getting better and better. And if you ever look in the OT lounge here on the Nintendo board, you basically see how I gush about how amazing XBC was on the Wii.

My most anticipated are Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda WiiU. After that, it's up in the air. Those are the only 2 games I know for a fact I am buying when they come out. I'm intrigued by a few others on the 3DS and Star Fox will likely.

Witcher 3 does look very good but I don't have anything to play it on.