A negative of the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 2door (216 posts) -

I love the wii sooooo muchhh but there is one negative when i go back and play PS2 or GC games it seems like they have lost their charm for some reason still good but not as good before the wii.

Anyone else?

#2 Posted by Genexi2 (3110 posts) -
Same thing here, I blame the fact I now can't stand "cramp your hands together on a controller"-style controllers, which pretty much covers every console controller in existance prior to the Wii.
#3 Posted by Radiohead85 (3068 posts) -
Wouldn't you say that's more of a fault of the PS2 and GC, and less of a fault of the Wii?
#4 Posted by 2door (216 posts) -

i want damn you nintendo for making such a good console that the gameplay in previous years looks inferior

That kinda fault

#5 Posted by SirSpudly (4045 posts) -
     So saying that being "revolutionized" has made your experience of previous games dull?

Sonny boy...have I got some products I would LOVE to swindle you outta your money for.  Like a heat light oven, ya know, to get the true restruant experience while cooking at home.

In other words...appreciate all you have, don't let something better be the end-all solution to your fun.
#6 Posted by msulli25 (42 posts) -
I feel the same way, when i picked up my xbox controlller only a few days after getting the wii i wanted to throw it around in games like madden and point it at the screen in halo, but that was just not a possibilty because A. its secured by a thick wire to the console, and B. its got zero motion sensing capability :( so essentially i feel the same way
#7 Posted by nvs22 (1079 posts) -
Well you have to admit, the Wii is amazing, but I think Nintendo might have seen this coming. I somewho remember an official saying how wou would never want to go back the old way. It sounded like a bluff but look at what were talking about. Its not that the Gamecube is bad, I mean SSBM is awsome on it and I am DYING to play some Animal Crossing on the Wii, but the Wii is just so amazing that nothing can compare.
#8 Posted by mickwounds (66 posts) -

i dont have that problem at all. i can quite easily go from my Wii to my xbox 360 without an issue. theyre 2 completely different gaming experiences and thats what i love about it.

#9 Posted by mushi799 (1162 posts) -
online gameplay, SSBB would rock if it has it
#10 Posted by Breakfast_Clubber (2803 posts) -
i like how it's supposted to be more active but i could go into a coma with how comfortable it is to actually use the arm rests on my chair while playing video games.
#11 Posted by DouglasBuffone (9750 posts) -
i don't agree
#12 Posted by jdeurlein (6378 posts) -
That's not really a negative for the Wii... if anything, that's a huge plus to having one. It makes it more of a negative for the other consoles.
#13 Posted by Wiifanboy_4life (3971 posts) -
I understand what you're saying, but thats actually a positive for the Wii. You don't wanna go back to gamepads, meaning you'll stick with your Wii.
#14 Posted by The_Rayzor (467 posts) -
Well the Wii is a pretty good console, but you cant really sit down for hours and play it, and I'm always very suspect of the hardware vs. PS2 and xbox. :roll:
#15 Posted by silent_seaxx (1322 posts) -
That's not really a negative for the Wii... if anything, that's a huge plus to having one. It makes it more of a negative for the other consoles.jdeurlein
Point exactly.
#16 Posted by ThaT-Masta (7720 posts) -

Wouldn't you say that's more of a fault of the PS2 and GC, and less of a fault of the Wii?Radiohead85

No, i wouldn't lol.

#17 Posted by sonicboom713 (3487 posts) -

i dont have that problem at all. i can quite easily go from my Wii to my xbox 360 without an issue. theyre 2 completely different gaming experiences and thats what i love about it.

mickwounds
Very well said. I love the wii, but sometimes laying on the couch and playing Bully is much better than bowling in wii sports, other times I'd rather bowl. That's just the way it is.
#18 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -
Yeah I went to play SSBM and and it felt so wierd playing it.

#19 Posted by c0mplex (15382 posts) -
online play is again Nintendo's weakpoint.
#20 Posted by merch (4235 posts) -
here here
#21 Posted by ryNo75 (185 posts) -

mickwounds

same
#22 Posted by Wiifanboy_4life (3971 posts) -
As odd as it may sound, that's actually a positive. Once you play the Wii, you can't go back, meaning you'll stick with it. Of course, this hasn't happened with me. I was playing Kingdom Hearts II and it still has that same awesome-ness it had before I even thought about what a Wii could do.
#23 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
It's cause of the Wii's Wiivolutioness. Games without the Wiimote don't feel right.
#26 Posted by Breakfast_Clubber (2803 posts) -
the only downfall to the Wii is that it takes away from the best system ever, the DS. well, for the time being anyway.
#27 Posted by cyprus646 (4070 posts) -

I felt the same when I played RE 4 yesterday It felt boring and bland :(

DAMN YOU NINTENDO AND YOUR ADDICTIVE SHENANIGANS !!!!!

#28 Posted by WhiteSnake5000 (12454 posts) -
The only thing I don't like is the fact that it's $250 for hardware that shouldn't cost that much.
#29 Posted by Lgndryhr (1084 posts) -
yea thats a big plus about the wii that is hurting other consoles. i try to play cube games, ps2, and 360 with the occasional ps3 but the wii has hurt other consoles. i can only play a select few from my cube now. the ps2 has lost my interest now. never cared for the ps3. but i still want a 360.
#30 Posted by soulsdeparting (1537 posts) -
no i love the controller consoles like playstation, xbox and the older nintendo things. the wii is better, yes, but the other stuff is still fun
#31 Posted by grim653 (440 posts) -

Samething here too i was playing smash bros and it did not feel right at all and the same goes to resident evil 4 my mind is thinking wiimote but my hands are using gamecube controller. its hard to go back to the old generation now that the wii is out

#32 Posted by salnadia (170 posts) -
i don't agree
#33 Posted by jonathan_rector (2730 posts) -
I don't agree. It's more like the control of the games. PS2 controller is perfect. Wii's is different. Both can play games yadda yadda yadda. But until they start improving on the actual accuracy of the wiimote, i'm still pro old school.
#34 Posted by Eragont (1933 posts) -
i picked up SSBM and it was fine, i still love my DS and when i play games like zelda on wii my hands are often resting against eachother
#35 Posted by uglyduck-uk (6816 posts) -
System Wars is for comparing other consoles etc.  This forum is for the Wii.