A Link Between Worlds review is up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Aquat1cF1sh (10862 posts) -

Here!

Very nice score! The game is looking really promising. The fact that we can complete the last few dungeons in any order is pretty interesting.

Also apparently Tom McShea is going to post his thoughts sometime this week as well, if you scroll down into the comments. There he said that a 10/10 "isn't a stretch".

(Seriously how has this topic not been made yet? Are the boards ever gonna pick up again?)

#2 Edited by KBFloYd (13142 posts) -

its being discussed at system wars a bit...so felt no need to make a thread here...3ds is doing great with or without hype threads...

everyone is busy damage controlling the ps4 launch..

#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

I was also questioning why there wasn't a review thread up hours ago, but I felt too lazy to make one. I guess everyone else felt the same. haha

It currently has a 91 on Metacritic, with the only "odd" score being Destructoid's 65/100. The rest do not go below 80/100. Everyone seems to love the new renting mechanic, how open the world is, less hand holding, 3D effect, its music and its puzzles. A bit of criticism on the story and character models but nothing major.

It's definitely shaping up as a must-buy for any 3DS owner, and probably the best Zelda game in years. Glad to see the first 9.0 for a 3DS game on GS (now people can stop complaining) and I'll definitely buy it next month.

#4 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4117 posts) -

I will definitely buy it eventually, but it releases on the same day as Super Mario 3D World and I'm only going to buy one on release. I have yet to decide which.

#5 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16672 posts) -

Sweet, considering this site gave Skyward Sword the score it deserved, let's hope it's the case with this one. i'm excited to play it, being a huge Zelda fan, but I am holding off til the holidays... I still have SMTIV to finish.

#6 Edited by Aleperez75 (191 posts) -

Can you play this game in the DS or it is only for the 3DS?

#7 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

@Aleperez75 said:

Can you play this game in the DS or it is only for the 3DS?

Only playable on the 3DS and 2DS. Not the DS.

#8 Posted by Pierst179 (10746 posts) -

Some of those review segments on Metacritic are very positive. Reading them made me even more excited about the game.

I am looking forward to choosing which dungeon to tackle next.

#9 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4117 posts) -

I caved and bought the 3DSXL bundle, selling my OG 3DS. Can't wait for Friday.

#10 Posted by osan0 (12624 posts) -

has the games release been delayed? i went to pick it up today at gamestop and they said the release was pushed back to next friday (29th). this is in ireland.

anyone able to pick it up yet? eurogamer still says its the 22nd.

#11 Posted by Nuck81 (5834 posts) -

@osan0 said:

has the games release been delayed? i went to pick it up today at gamestop and they said the release was pushed back to next friday (29th). this is in ireland.

anyone able to pick it up yet? eurogamer still says its the 22nd.

I pre-ordered from Amazon, and it gets here today (Saturday the 23rd)

#12 Posted by KBFloYd (13142 posts) -

just played a couple hours of this....surpassed my expectations so far... its freakin awesome...im going to beat it asap.

#13 Edited by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

Dayum this game is SO good, i can't even put in words how much fun i'm having. Nintendo managed to make a sequel that's almost on par with the original game. I reached Lorule yesterday and completed two dungeons in it so far.

For my first playthrough i'm playing the dungeon in the order of ALTTP. I will mix it up in my second playthrough.

#14 Posted by Planeforger (15531 posts) -

I've beaten about three Lorule dungeons now, and it's as if Nintendo looked at everything that made the older Zelda games work...and then improved on all of them.

It's excellent! I hope they keep up with these improvements in the next WiiU Zelda title.

#15 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -

My copy should arrive on Monday. I can't wait to try it out! =D

#16 Edited by Will47 (6826 posts) -

My copy is arriving Monday, really can't wait to get started. A Link to the Past is still easily one of my top three games of all time :D

#17 Edited by Toxic-Seahorse (4117 posts) -

I'm having a blast playing it! Fun game. The limited edition 3DS is pretty damn nice too.

#18 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

I gotta say, I was skeptical about this game. I didn't (and don't) really like the the arstyle but it won me over almost instantly once I started playing it. It is very definitely a Zelda game but adds improvements in control, pacing and puzzle-solving that make it a fresh and immediately enjoyable experience. I don't see myself getting much done before I finish this.