This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
I love how i bought a 3ds on the launch day and not long after about 3 months or so i got dust under the screen so i sent it in to get it repaired and it happned again with in one month so i did this about 3 more times and got tired of it and sold it for a vita later on they announced pokemon x and y so i bought the xl cause i wanted to get that i thought the problem of dust under the screen would have been gone with the new system but i had it for 2 weeks now and there are 20 peices of dust under the top screen and 1 under the bottom i just dont think nintendo can get their stuff right
#2 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
i am probably just going to settle with it untill 3 weeks before pokemon x and y comes out but im not sure just leave comments here if the same thing happned to any of you who reply
#3 Posted by hyperjj3000 (973 posts) -
I have 3 3DS'S in my house and thats not happened to any of them.
#4 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
well im probably just super unlucky cause i see alot of people with same problem as me and i probably just got systems with bad seals :P
#5 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -
thats really strange. where do you keep your 3ds?do you take it with you a lot? that happened to my old phat DS but after years and years. hasn't happened to another one.
#6 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
no i usually just play at my house and if i do i keep it closed with a cloth under it so the screens dont scratch and if i take it with me i only play inside
#7 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
the sad thing is i had the 3ds xl only for 2 weeks now
#8 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
i had never heard of this problem before.
#9 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
:P what do you do with the system then cause i take very good care of it but some how dust gets under i just think its a bad seal with the system
#10 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
:P what do you do with the system then cause i take very good care of it but some how dust gets under i just think its a bad seal with the systemxXhikashiXx
i don't do anything special. i just play it, close it when i'm done playing and leave it on my desk.
#11 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
have you ever looked closely at your screen under a light when the system is off you might beable to see dust but mine gets so bad that i can see it when i play and under a light i see at least 20 specks under it
#12 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
have you ever looked closely at your screen under a light when the system is off you might beable to see dust but mine gets so bad that i can see it when i play and under a light i see at least 20 specks under itxXhikashiXx
i just grabbed my DSi. i see a lot of scratches, and a lot of dust OVER the screen (ok not a lot), but nothing under it. in fact the only electronic i've ever had trouble with dust under the screen is my cellphone, and even then, that's because i take it to the beach, so there's a grain or two under the screen.
#13 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
^^ i thought you had 3ds or 3ds xl i see when i had my dsi it never got dust under the screen it was a better built system than the 3ds but you can look up alot of different things on the internet and alot of people seem to have my problem i think they just have bad seals when they build the systems now and it cant keep out dust
#14 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
^^ i thought you had 3ds or 3ds xl i see when i had my dsi it never got dust under the screen it was a better built system than the 3ds but you can look up alot of different things on the internet and alot of people seem to have my problem i think they just have bad seals when they build the systems now and it cant keep out dustxXhikashiXx
my 3DS XL is just as fine as my DSi. even better, in fact.
#15 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5978 posts) -
My 3DS has no dust under the screen and that's shared between myself(mostly) and the rest of my family. My DS phat which is 7.5 years old and is STILL used constantly only has a few specks under the top screen that are only noticeable when it's off.
#16 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
hmm i see but i have no clue y it happnes to me i take good care of every thing i own but this only happned when i got the 3ds no other system i had my vita for almost a year now and its still like brand new with no dust i have my ds lite no dust my ds phat no dust psp no dust just only seems to happen with the 3ds systems cause i had the original 3ds and it got dust and now my 3dsxl has dust after just 2 weeks
#17 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
wasnt really meaning for the old systems i know the old ones are good just only seems to be a problem with the 3ds
#18 Posted by Will47 (6826 posts) -
I just checked my DSi, 3DS, and my brother 3DS and I don't say any with a problem similar to this. Nor have I heard of this problem before, sorry :|
#19 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

my wiiu game pad had problems with touch screen but my 3ds is fine ,  sent my gamepad and system to nintendo hope they only mess with the gamepad as thats the only problem  

#20 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
I just checked my DSi, 3DS, and my brother 3DS and I don't say any with a problem similar to this. Nor have I heard of this problem before, sorry :|Will47
i see well i am unfortunate then i will send it in but i dont know if it will just keep getting dust under it or not which is lame cause my first 3ds kept doing it and i got fed up with nintendo so i sold it thought xl would work but apparently not my xl also already has a pixel out too i just dont get it if i spend 200 dollars on a system you think they would not have such problems just google 3ds or 3ds xl dust under the screen you will get many people with same problem
#21 Posted by hyperjj3000 (973 posts) -
Iv only had this problem with the gameboy advance and that was after several years of use. Shame you're having these issues.
#22 Posted by mjc (12638 posts) -
Sorry to hear. I've got no problem with my 3DS or 3DS XL, and out of all my old handhelds, the only one this has happened to was my 20 year old Game Gear!
#23 Posted by KBFloYd (13808 posts) -

try buying screen protectors...might keep the dust from going in?

or use tape around the edges...will look ugly but better than sending it to nintendo every 2 weeks.

#24 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
haha gamestop is awsome i didnt have a warranty and they are letting me get a whole new system just for free so ^^
#25 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -

try buying screen protectors...might keep the dust from going in?

or use tape around the edges...will look ugly but better than sending it to nintendo every 2 weeks.

KBFloYd
i have the best screen protectors there are they are from hori they look like they dont even exist on the screen i buy them when i get the system cause i am a spaz when it comes to that stuff
#26 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
Iv only had this problem with the gameboy advance and that was after several years of use. Shame you're having these issues.hyperjj3000
XD yea im just glad gamestop was so cool about it and will let me get a new one even though i did not have a warranty with them i will be buying a warranty with the new system though
#27 Posted by Cloud_765 (111391 posts) -
I honestly have not had said issue with my 3DS. My only issue with it is there seems to be scratches I can't clean off on the sides near the ends of the top screen from sitting on the bottom screen when closed.
#28 Posted by xXhikashiXx (15 posts) -
I honestly have not had said issue with my 3DS. My only issue with it is there seems to be scratches I can't clean off on the sides near the ends of the top screen from sitting on the bottom screen when closed. Cloud_765
that is because the bottom screen scratches the top and it will not stop doing that that is another reason i sold the 3ds and got a xl way later on the bottom touch screen is to close to the top when you close the system so it will nick and scratch when you have it in ure posket or just closing it and so on it is a design flaw with the system
#29 Posted by RoniHot (191 posts) -
I've had 2 DS lites and now a 3DSxl and I've never had that problem. I keep mine in a case and put it back in the case when I'm not playing. I took my lite everywhere with me and I take my 3DS everywhere with me. Is yours still under warranty? Maybe you can try exchanging it for a new one.
#30 Posted by dissembled (357 posts) -

The problem I have with my 3 day old XL is that the stylus scratched a portion of its holder. There's a tip on one side of the stylus and I fear it's sharp enough to have scratched the holder. Anyone else have this problem?