3DS XL Free Game Redemption

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WWIAB (4352 posts) -

What did 3DS XL owners choose in the free game redemption scheme?

I was going to get Professor Layton, but opted for Super Mario Land 3D, after the store I bought my 3DSXL from didn't have the Super Mario Pack in stock

#2 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6030 posts) -

I'm in the states so sadly I don't get the free game download. :( Really dissapointed about that, because then I could say I got Mario Kart 7, Proffessor Layton, Donkey Kong: Original Edition, and Steel Diver for free with my XL.

#3 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -
I see that this doesn't apply to the states,but what is all is business? I live I. The us, but I'm just curious
#4 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6030 posts) -

I see that this doesn't apply to the states,but what is all is business? I live I. The us, but I'm just curiousEssian

In Europe if you register a 3DS XL with your Club Nintendo Account before January 15th 2013 you would receive a download code for a free 3DS game, the most notable being Super Mario 3D Land and Professor Layton.

#5 Posted by WWIAB (4352 posts) -
I see that this doesn't apply to the states,but what is all is business? I live I. The us, but I'm just curiousEssian
It's an incentive to buy a 3DS XL over a standard 3DS also I think it's to kind of gloss over the fact that we have to buy our own AC adapter for the console, which I found very difficult since every store had sold out
#6 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -

well, it blows that I don't get access to that deal! I mean darn I would love a free copy of 3D Land

#7 Posted by cayne_phoenix (2409 posts) -
[QUOTE="Essian"]I see that this doesn't apply to the states,but what is all is business? I live I. The us, but I'm just curiousWWIAB
It's an incentive to buy a 3DS XL over a standard 3DS

its a typical marketing tactic to cannabalize the 3DS. discontinue 3DS ASAP and only focus on the XL version. ill stick with the regular 3DS until the XL version becomes a whole lot cheaper (that may take a very long time)
#8 Posted by Essian (3438 posts) -
[QUOTE="WWIAB"][QUOTE="Essian"]I see that this doesn't apply to the states,but what is all is business? I live I. The us, but I'm just curiouscayne_phoenix
It's an incentive to buy a 3DS XL over a standard 3DS

its a typical marketing tactic to cannabalize the 3DS. discontinue 3DS ASAP and only focus on the XL version. ill stick with the regular 3DS until the XL version becomes a whole lot cheaper (that may take a very long time)

to be fair, for only 30 dollars more, it is a far more impressive device