3DS not coming back from sleep mode

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

In the past few weeks I have had some issue with the 3DS coming back from sleep mode. What usually happens is I will be playing and when I am done I will close the system to leave it in sleep in case of updates, news, streetpass, whatever. Sometimes I sit in cradle and if battery isnt low I don't. Anyway, when I pick it up later to play it doesn't start up upon opening. I then have to press the power button multiple times and close and open the system and after a few minutes it comes back and is fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am hoping I do not have to send the system in but if it becomes any more of an issue I may contact Nintendo.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Never had a problem with it waking up. I wonder if it might have an issue with communicating with your Wi-Fi upon trying to wake. Do you have your Wi-Fi on?
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vtbob88

Yes, I do have the wi-fi on when I close it just in case of update info, streetpass, etc. However, I do notice that when this happens the yellow wi-fi light stays solid the whole time. It is almost like the whole system locks up and after playing around with it it comes back and is fine.

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
Call Nintendo.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Yes, I do have the wi-fi on when I close it just in case of update info, streetpass, etc. However, I do notice that when this happens the yellow wi-fi light stays solid the whole time. It is almost like the whole system locks up and after playing around with it it comes back and is fine.

vtbob88
I would try turning off the Wi-Fi and seeing if you still have problems with it waking. Silly question, but do you have the most current update?
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vtbob88

Im pretty sure I have the most recent update, I will check when I get home tonight, however I update whenever I get the message that there is a new one.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
i have the same problem. im hoping its a firmware problem rather than a hardware fault. i have already sent my 3DS in for repairs once (similar but not exactly the same issue). i have the latest firmware (only noticed this problem after updating). its like the system has crashed while in standby (i walk with mine a lot and it stops recording the steps when it happens). TC if it happens again i find just holding down the power button for 10 seconds or so forces it to shut down. does anyone know what the story is with the system transfer option added in the latest update? does everything (miis, streetpass progress, game data, settings, recirds of games you have bought and so on) get moved or is there anything left back after the transfer? id much rather get it swapped at the store rather than send it back into ninty again. i really hope this is a firmware rather than hardware problem though.
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vtbob88

I really hope it is firmware also, which is why I started this topic to see if its been happening with the most recent update. Also, I am unsure about the transfer details.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#9 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Press and hold the Power switch to turn it completely off, then turn it on again.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

I was about to make a topic about this as well. I have been experiencing the same thing. I haven't updated my 3DS in awhile but I beleive it has the latest firmware. I never noticed it before this firmware so I think that's probably the issue. I hope so atleast.

RaidenV42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RaidenV42
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
This has been happening to me as well. I hope it's just a software problem :-(